Raven's Blade NEW SCREENIES & VOICE ACTING WANTED

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by kungpow12345 »

I've always seen myself as a wizard type character in voice overs. I can do some good bad guy voices too. I'll be much better at them than the wizard but it's all up to you. You can sign me up Maximo old friend :) Raven's Shield all the way!
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well kung pow like ive told everyone i need a sample of your what you can do in order to give you a shot. so if you want to try out send me something.

now heres an update...ive got it figured out what the 3 bosses are going to be
level 1-half werewolf half scorpion creature
level 2- giant rock golem
level 3- 3 headed dragon ( this opens up for more voice actors now because each head has its own voice and personality its like the dragon has split personalities which is represented with each head )

oh yeah and kung pow lol its Raven's Blade bud not Shield lol :wink:
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

:D Well Maybe that's a new title for a sequel hehe. How would you like for me to send it via PM or Email?
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
dimmu-jed
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by dimmu-jed »

i want to be the demon, or something. i have good acting skills and i can do a good demon voice. i do it all the time lol. Please give m e some lines to do for u, it would be great. i would be extremely glad to do them for u. 17/m/oh in case your wondering, and i do a lot of short films.
JED
Deadlyarrow
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Deadlyarrow »

Well, well, well. My first post here, and it's a doozy. Anyhow, I'd love to help out with doing voices for the game, although I'd need to know what you're looking for in terms of the characters. Just a brief description of who you still need would be really cool. Also, if you still need help with sprites, backgrounds, or whatever, just let me know what res the game is in, maybe send me a level design, and I'll throw back a background or a sprite to ya. Anyway, PM me with any concerns, and I'll PM you with my email addy so you can send me stuff easier, if need be. Thanks for offering the opportunity to a very bored gamer! :P Hope to hear from you!
Simmons: "Hey."
Grif: "Yeah?"
Simmons: "You ever wonder why we're here?"
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Alright for those of you who are curious about what openings are left as far as voice actors we are still looking for:
3 more Bounty Hunter Demons
boss 1-half werewolf half scorpion
boss 2-gaint rock golem
boss 3- 3 headed dragon (each head has its own personality which requires seperate voices)
Krystala (females only)

Now deadlyarrow and to anyone else looking to join the team in other ways besides voice acting...heres our answer
most graphics are taken care of thankx to memebers of screamcast ,but i know those boys have a hefty work load with this game and their other projects so any extra help would be welcome.
,but i dont want to step on anyones toes so i suggest for anyone who wants to join the team doing sprites,graphics and etc to pm or get in contact in some way with Pixel,Styrofoam,or Impetus

thankx
Deadlyarrow
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Deadlyarrow »

Sounds cool. Do you mind if I try out for all 3 dragon heads? I was thinking of something really funny for it, although I'm not sure if that's the tone you're going for. (Think the three headed knight from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :P) I'll be sure to get in contact with somebody once I get a nice pixelly sample together. One more question in regards to specifics, what resolution is the game running at? (Just so I can make a more appropriate sample. :) ) Thanks again!
Simmons: "Hey."
Grif: "Yeah?"
Simmons: "You ever wonder why we're here?"
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

sprite size is 42*42 i believe and the screen is 640*480. hope that helps. as far as the voices i never seen that movie so i wouldnt know what your talkin about ,but cant wait to hear it. )()(
Tvspelsfreak
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by Tvspelsfreak »

Correction: The sprite size depends on what sprite we're talking about. 42*42 is just an approximate size of the main character sprite.

Screen size was right though. :wink:
https://github.com/tvspelsfreak/texconv - Converts images into any texture format supported on the DC.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well we have most of your voice actors picked out we still need
+2 more heads for the 3 headed dragon boss
+half wolf half scorpion boss
+2 more bounty hunters

thankx to everyone who auditioned thus we will reveal our choices on the site once all parts have been filled. :lol:
ssj4goku128
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ssj4goku128 »

Do you need 24 bit samples for voice overs? I got a nice recording studio for audio[Studio Projects C-1 Mic with a Presonious PreAmp with Studio Grade Compressor]
"So I gotta be carefull, can't let tha evil of tha money trap me
so when ya see me #@#$%
ya better holla at me "

Tupac Shakur[1971-1996]
Makaveli[1996-????]