CHANKA FOR XBOX!!!!!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
* illusion *
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by * illusion * »

Let's hope for Chanka eventually on Xbox 2 :twisted:
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

xbox 2 isnt even suppost to have an hdd so it will have to either read burnt games or stream them from a comp.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

zerotype wrote:
Skynet wrote:
I would want some one stupid enough to try it.I mean ppl said the psx could'nt be on the dc a few years back and some one pulled it off at even better than the ps2 can play ps1 games.All that is required is to get the emulator optimised for the xbox after it is ported so meh.
No :x :P
YES :twisted:

No does not have the power to do it any way. So no not going to happen.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Quall
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Quall »

If you think the DC emulator is better than playing psx games on a ps2, then you probably haven't
1. Played the DC emu
or
2. Played a psx game on a PS2
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

the bleem packs add graphics to the ps1 games on dreamcast, ps2 dosn't do anything for ps1 but play them.
"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

popley wrote:the bleem packs add graphics to the ps1 games on dreamcast, ps2 dosn't do anything for ps1 but play them.
precisely. although they only function with 3 games, theoretically it could be done with all PSX games, the DC does have the power.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
poots
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by poots »

i think the question was metaphorical.

lets all breathe deep...
...If you are offended...
Then you dont know me.

__[Peace] = [Poots!]__

visit http://www.retrodesign.co.uk to help out
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

quzar wrote:
popley wrote:the bleem packs add graphics to the ps1 games on dreamcast, ps2 dosn't do anything for ps1 but play them.
precisely. although they only function with 3 games, theoretically it could be done with all PSX games, the DC does have the power.
I have to correct you: Bleem!cast was designed to play 2D games without graphical improvement (except trilinear filters) but they are supported: I have seen a very early Bleem!cast version for DC running my 2D PSX Alundra.
But that thing is pretty pointless anyway, as it could be considered as a tech demo only. It doesn't support VMU, FMV, rumble pack etc and hundreds of games aren't emulated correctly so the games crashes because of the fact that it is unfinished work ( thank you SONY, for stopping Rand and the Bleem! team :cry: )

Stay with the original releases! They are absolutly perfect!

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Christuserloeser wrote:
quzar wrote:
I have to correct you: Bleem!cast was designed to play 2D games without graphical improvement (except trilinear filters) but they are supported: I have seen a very early Bleem!cast version for DC running my 2D PSX Alundra.
But that thing is pretty pointless anyway, as it could be considered as a tech demo only. It doesn't support VMU, FMV, rumble pack etc and hundreds of games aren't emulated correctly so the games crashes because of the fact that it is unfinished work ( thank you SONY, for stopping Rand and the Bleem! team :cry: )

Stay with the original releases! They are absolutly perfect!

Chris
Do you realize that you bring up Warez more than most banned newbies do?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Christuserloeser

quzar wrote:Do you realize that you bring up Warez more than most banned newbies do?
:o Mmh... Now that's a sad fact. :|

I am not for banning newbies btw, you've missed the point in the SP discussion HB/Emu forum: Read his question once again. I hope that I am wrong, but I believe that this guy wanted to start a fight about GenesisPlusDC which really hurts recognizing the amazing work of the ppl involved.

I am pretty aware that I am no moral police too but I surely don't want to see piracy supported in any way on these message boards. When Chanka was released the situation was unbelievable downpressing (for me).

For the Atomiswave petition stuff I joined a lot of message boards and it's not a very good feeling seeing other members of our community there discussing warez or whatever.

I started recognizing this scene when I brought my first emulation collection at eBay back in early 2002 for a lot of money, and it was crap! but I didn't know that something like this on Dreamcast would be possible and that this scene exists at all.

The worst case is seeing new releases for Dreamcast available as warez -most warez stuff is just laughable - do you remember NeoCD beta v5 or whatever with MetalSlug2 as it wasn't emulated properly? or all the emu compilations :cry: - and it should be possible to critize this fact :!: as it just makes the hard work of the emulator and games authors look bad.

...er ...and for those who don't know :o : get the official releases of Bleem!cast at http://www.lik-sang.com

True masterpieces: They are well worth their money

Chris
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The PS2 does actually attempt to improve the graphics of Playstation games, albeit only slightly. Just the textures. And it can speed up loading times too, if you can be bothered to turn the features on every time you want to play a new game :|.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

Christuserloeser wrote:I have to correct you: Bleem!cast was designed to play 2D games without graphical improvement (except trilinear filters) but they are supported: I have seen a very early Bleem!cast version for DC running my 2D PSX Alundra.
Chris
I have to correct YOU.

First, b!DC improves ALL graphics, regardless of whether or not they're 2D.

Second, it does so with significantly better results than PS2.

Third, it's NOT a tech demo -- it's a STOLEN beta version that is ILLEGAL to have a copy of. Of course it doesn't have all those features -- it wasn't finished, and isn't intended for use.

Don't speak about what you don't know -- and don't brag about having used something that you shouldn't have.

Rand.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer

Post by GyroVorbis »

Rand Linden wrote:
Christuserloeser wrote: I have to correct you: Bleem!cast was designed to play 2D games without graphical improvement (except trilinear filters) but they are supported: I have seen a very early Bleem!cast version for DC running my 2D PSX Alundra.
But that thing is pretty pointless anyway, as it could be considered as a tech demo only. It doesn't support VMU, FMV, rumble pack etc and hundreds of games aren't emulated correctly so the games crashes because of the fact that it is unfinished work ( thank you SONY, for stopping Rand and the Bleem! team )
Chris
I have to correct YOU.

First, b!DC improves ALL graphics, regardless of whether or not they're 2D.

Second, it does so with significantly better results than PS2.

Third, it's NOT a tech demo -- it's a STOLEN beta version that is ILLEGAL to have a copy of. Of course it doesn't have all those features -- it wasn't finished, and isn't intended for use.

Don't speak about what you don't know -- and don't brag about having used something that you shouldn't have.

Rand.
OMFG! :guffaw: Rand just owned your ass. I respect Rand like I do my own parents. I can't imagine why you'd diss him or his work. I regret to god that Sony stopped Rand. Those dirty bastards will pay. I love you rand! :worship:
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Wow major ownage form Rand.Seriously you should think more before you post about somethign such as bleemcast.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Hehe. I was gonna say something like that because i knew that wasnt right but i figured i wouldnt be very right anyways so i just went for the obvious.
Christuserloeser

Rand Linden wrote:Don't speak about what you don't know -- and don't brag about having used something that you shouldn't have.
Okay.

It's nice to see you visiting these message boards. Don't get disattracted to it by judging from my statements.
Super Sonic wrote:I can't imagine why you'd diss him or his work.
I didn't want to "diss" him or his work in any way. Sorry if I did. Bleem!cast is Metal Gear Solid b!c etc and not the beta.
Super Sonic wrote:Those dirty bastards will pay.
I guess not. :? ...They've carried him to court for working on Bleem!cast.

Chris
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Just in case you didnt know, rand is here all the time. over 500 posts, not a whole lot, but they usually get to the point very well.
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

Hi Rand, your post made me remember a question I wanted to ask you: how is development going on the 3D engine you were working on some time ago? Has it been licensed for use in a GBA game?
blasfemaz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by blasfemaz »

Not to piss off anyone, or offend anyone. I love my dreamcast, I am playing it rightnow. I want to ask some of you, why so much hate for the xbox? Yes M$ created it, yes we all hate M$. That's exactly why we perverted the xbox. It no longer is as M$ product. You guys should look at all the case mods ppl do to their xbox to remove any sign of M$ on it. My xbox is not an xbox anymore, i've removed all the xbox logos and added the dreamcast logos, and a paint job to make it look like the dreamcast, It's a dreambox now. I'll post some pics soon...

But anyway, to my point. Don't we all fear the coming time when our gdroms will give out? Dont we all await with fear the final day of our dreamcast? There is only so many dreamcasts out there, they wont last forever. So why is it bad that I can continue playing my dreamcast software on my Dreambox? Why is it bad to keep the dreamcast alive in another body? I think its a great idea that I will be able to continue to enjoy the dreamcast in my xbox.
Ian Micheal wrote:
zerotype wrote:
Skynet wrote:
I would want some one stupid enough to try it.I mean ppl said the psx could'nt be on the dc a few years back and some one pulled it off at even better than the ps2 can play ps1 games.All that is required is to get the emulator optimised for the xbox after it is ported so meh.
No :x :P
YES :twisted:

No does not have the power to do it any way. So no not going to happen.
Its gona happen. I will be playing all my cd-rs with dreamcast software on my xbox in a few months.....

Of course you will need to upgrade your xbox's cpu and memory to get decent emulation, but I've already taken care of that.

Anyway, I love my dreamcast and I hope it continues to work forever. I will admit that nothing will ever come close to the real deal. It'll be sad not to be able to play all my collection of LEGAL gdrom games....
MKE
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by MKE »

no, it wont happen.

they wont port something over for the 2 people that have the dreamX xbox... and even with that, it's still not enough to run this emu...

instead, they will make this one better on the pc...

i think someone like's there xbox too much.... i have one, modded with 2 hdd's and everything else possible but im not going to play dc on it jsut because i can...
XBOX live gamertag: MKEmods