NeoGeo CD V8.0 release

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.

Should we change the name when we stop using, SDL alltogether and what should the name be please post a name that we can add to the poll. Also if you dont want the name changed vote for neogeo DC/CD SDL on the options.

DreamNeo CD
8%
Neocast CD
36%
NeoDream CD
12%
NeoNeo CD
No votes
NEOGEO DC/CD SDL
2%
NeoCD/DC
42%

Total votes: 50
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BaldMonk »

Great work... I can't wait to try it :) Yay for having Ian and the crew :D
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Aero Wings 2 (Sonic Wings 2) - Plays, with CDDA.
Metal Slug 1 - Plays good as before, but a big speedup notice.
Samurai Showdown 1 - Plays fine, CDDA does not play though.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Just so people know the reports have come in again that all these work with CDDA.

Games with CDDA and work on v8.0
-AERO FIGHTERS 2 (Working CDDA)
-BREAKERS (Working CDDA)
-DOUBLE DRAGON (Working CDDA)
-PULSTAR (Working CDDA)
-Mahjong -Final Romance 2 (Working CDDA)
-METAL SLUG1 (Working CDDA)
-METAL SLUG2 (Working CDDA)
-MAGIC DROP 2 (Working CDDA)
-RAGNAGARD (Working CDDA)
-STREET HOOPS (Working CDDA)
-Quest of the Jongmaster (Working CDDA)
-TURF MASTERS (Working CDDA)
-VIEWPOINT (Working CDDA)
-WINDJAMMERS (Working CDDA)

There is many more we just dont have the games to test. I like to get the list that does not work but should as well.

been some testing at my site of game speeds and games working
http://imrtechnology.sourceforge.net/ph ... .php?t=551
Dreamcast forever!!!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

I think someone reported Aero Fighters 3 working with CDDA too but i may be mistaken.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah thats correct. :D
Dreamcast forever!!!
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

Great work Ian looks like you have made a huge improvement this time, you think you will be able to speed up MS games? Also this unknown CDDA bug is it specific to the dreamcast or is it for all NeoCD emulation?

Thanks to you and your team for all the hard work )()(
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Dreamcast. ms games are a lot faster but suffer slow down. I finshed metal slug 1 today btw.
Dreamcast forever!!!
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

congratulations ian, gun turret still not working?
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

ethoscapade wrote:congratulations ian, gun turret still not working?
i watched my 9 years nephew to complete metal slug 1 on ver7.0 and the turret worked just fine :wink:

*burning v8 now*
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah worked fine for me i beat it last night. V8 is power full hehe. I have to say the metal slug games are faster but not full frame rate all the time they suffer slowdown.

Game that will show you 100% speed is Aero fighters 2 and or kof 94. lots of other's.

But just know metal slug had slow down.

Im hoping will be fixed when Stefs c68k is used. Be a good day to have metal slug games fullspeed as well there not right now all the time other games are so enjoy them till then.

My fav games are now. make sure to try things other then metal slug.

my site seems to be down so you can still get to my forum to read testing of games here http://imrtechnology.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/index.php
Dreamcast forever!!!
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

congrats on beating metal slug Ian :}, did you like the ending, I hate the fudging ending to the game. :evil:
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

Heh I recomend neo geo cd dc since thats the name I put on the cover I made.(even though that isnt a choice just a thought)
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

i played real bout special all the evening in this sweetie, and i'm very impressed.
i'd say it played 95% speed w/o frameskip, very good. and i don't feel good with bi-linear filter, but impressed me how it run with that filter, can't wait till more filters are available and optionals. in truth, i rather prefer naturally, as neogeo would do. only my preferences thought.
apart the great speed it reachs, i would like to post some glitches i saw in v7 and continues in v8. ever in real bout fatal fury special.
-sokaku's dp+k (staff's in upward motion with lightning effect) doesn't show the eletricity frame along the staff. i played neocd/sdl 3.1 on pc to see that there it works.
-some moves like andy's hishoken don't show.
-moves which burn the enemy turn enemy's sprite black.
-the score counter after win the battle has, i think, transparencies errors.

i would apreciate the word of Bald Monk, who talked to me about this game, to ensure about it.

i got a problem with country selector. it apears all strretched an doubled in top of screen, bare could read anything. and it freezed the emu after press A.

i don't wanna sound like a silly but i miss the load screen, as black screen makes me think if the disc is reading or has stoped. nah forget it

it's really the best emu so far untill now, nice work ian and team
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Do any games have sound effects?
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

law56ker wrote:Do any games have sound effects?
Not yet.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

They have stereo music sound track or CDDA only. what does this mean is they play full stereo sound like a cd player this is wonderfull and is the best sound you can get in an emulator. Only play the games with confirmed CDDA working to really enjoy it.

I do state that there is no SFX that does not = no sound this is stated in the readme and the archives there is no SFX which is not importain to me till we have 100% fullspeed on all games on dreamsnes people turn the sound off to gain more speed not like many neogeo games have the best sfx they will be perfect one day. If you cant handle it wait till it's not a beta some games have not much sfx in them any way ive found. But were lucky we have stereo music sound track even with out sound effects and we have to get this to all games as well not just 19 or so many more may-work i dont have the games to test.

I perfer the Bi filter im happy i dont have to look at pixelation. I dont miss the loading screen, ether with out it load times are a touch faster. I know there is some glitches in games. Cpu is not running fullspeed when it does not it does have some side-effects Such as effects dont work correctly. We use a compiler setting -funsigned-char with out this all the grafix are glitched alltogether i mean all of them. This Could be why and were compiling it using kos and im using GCC 2.9.5 which is a touch old now.

Filtering makes it looks 100% better next time you can turn it off due to some people wanting normal ness. why? would you want a down grade to pixelated-ness. I hope to make it even better looking. options will be included but i wanted to share how good it is now. If your using it to play one game over and over like metal slug or some others. you have the option of waiting till it's not ain beta stages.

Improvments over the real machine are there there is going to be more.

It would be like telling me to make it take 60 sec's to load each stage on games. Thats would be pretty silly dont you think. Not suposed to be making it have all the faults of the real machine. I really liked how Rand made psx better thats what i want to do to Neogeo.
- loading times are near zero the black pause is under 10 sec under 2 sec for all the games i have tested.Some N64 carts have longer blank pauses then that on some games i own.
- filtering gets rid of the ugly pixelization
- right now on aero fighters 2 it's smoother then the real machine and less slowdown.

- Auto loading and saving with vmu icon swapable save's with freinds to battle and you can dump it to your hard drive using Speuds VMU TOOL.

Region selector i have not check for a while not into blood. I will have to see what changed on it. I would think screen res only so it be an easy fix.

Yeah some games will have grafix glitchs i know of a few that have them now.

More have been fixed then broken which is the point. Might not be your fav games but there fixed.

Crossed swords 2
blues journey
Magical lord
Nam 75
Ranguard
Double dragon
Kof 95
Kof94

Many more so it's not much of a problem to have a few games with errors i dont own. I cant test them i dont own them makes it hard for me to try fix a bug i can never see. Easy to understand the games i own work the best like aero fighter 2.

My site is down i cant make a fix or update till it is. I cant fix games or bugs in them with out having the game. Im sure you can understand that.
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

sorry if i sound like a moron, Ian.
I'm very happy with what you got of it now. what i mean to say is i like your work and i'd like to give feedback on that. i played the games i own and i want to tell my findings. im not rushing you nor anything.
and is good to see you can apply filters. personally, i don't use bi-linear on pc, just me. :D
i'm a great spectator of your work and i'm very happy with it as is. i keep waiting new versions and enjoying them :wink:
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I understand but this is the best release since it's been ported no frameskip at all and the same speed is a joy for me. I could of left frameskip on and got fullspeed every game for example but i dont enjoy jerky or jumpy emulation that to me is un-useable.

When we have full sfx it will use frameskip to retain the same speed. Which for me will not be useable. i dont find frameskip or looking at it enjoyable.

Every thing ive done i want to improve so it does not need frameskip.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

All of what you are doing is very inpressive.I cant wait till it surpasses the real thing completly :D.Amazing how fast this thing is progressing.Keep up the good ol' work
-thnx for giving somethign so great to the dc comunity-
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Me as well i think it's nice to do better then the real machine when you can do that. holding it back and making it have the flaws that they wanted fixed but could not aford to is some thing i really dont see the point of. If you want that you can use your real machine for that. Pixelated slow loading etc.

I want to fix some bugs for a small update but i cant my site is offline and so is ngemu.
Dreamcast forever!!!