VOICES NEEDED FOR ENGLISH DUB OF ALICE DREAMS

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

VOICES NEEDED FOR ENGLISH DUB OF ALICE DREAMS

Post by kungpow12345 »

Hey gang! As you may or may not know from my alter ego shinji ikari256 over at Consolevision.com (hiss), I'm in charge of producing an English Dub of Alice Dreams for patbier and pache. All of the parts of the game are available so if you haven't played Alice, here are the parts that are needed:

Alice
Ice Cream Man No Name
Soccer Kids in Park (2 kids)
Fat Guy on Bench impetus
Old Guy in Park metafox
Woodcutter me
Gravel (Rabbit) impetus
Computer Science Engineer curt_grymala
TV Speaker S. Thompson
Economist Burner0
Poller skar

I need these voice overs done by the end of June and whoever joins must be able to stay for a few more demos spanning over a few months time eventually going on to the official game release. Thank you for your time! A perfect opportunity to get your name out there to the world! The first demo is going on the Dreamcast Demo CD!!!! Act now while you still have a voice! :wink:
Last edited by kungpow12345 on Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:20 am, edited 17 times in total.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

...and of course the English voices would make it on the Dreamcast Demo Disc #01 as well. ;)
skar
how powerful i am!

Post by skar »

i might be able to do a smaller part... will there be a way to get the scripts?
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Re: VOICES NEEDED FOR ENGLISH DUB OF ALICE DREAMS

Post by MetaFox »

kungpow12345 wrote:Old Guy in Park
I've got to be the old guy in the park, if nobody else.
kungpow12345 wrote:All of the parts of the game are available so if you haven't played Alice, here are the parts that are needed:
Not a good idea to get people who have never heard the French voices to play the parts. The English actors should stay as close to the French actors as possible.
kungpow12345 wrote:Consolevision.com (hiss)
What's with the hiss? :? I take it you no longer want to be a mod of the forums? A PM would have been nice. It's very poor manners to bring up your content for a site that you are staff for on another forum without saying a thing on said site. :evil:

I personally wouldn't have anything to do with this project due to your involvement after this display of rudeness, but I have immense respect for Patbier and Poche. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in you, shinji. :evil:
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Too many old guys round here, he's spoilt for choice :wink:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: VOICES NEEDED FOR ENGLISH DUB OF ALICE DREAMS

Post by aisupikku »

MetaFox wrote:What's with the hiss?
I interpreted it as being an anticipated reaction from readers of the post; Thinking to a certain signature declaring the throwing of litter into "consolevision"... I'm not certain of any rivalries or anything between DCEmulation and Consolevision.com, since I am relatively new to here and haven't visited the latter site since reading about the Dream On Games Contest... but, seeing the signature sort of gave me the idea that people here might not like people there, or perhaps that it was an inside joke, or something like that...
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Wing6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Wing6 »

I might be able to do the Soccer kids in the park. How old are they supposed to be? I have never played the game before so I want to see them, I have had no voice acting experience expect some radio drama in drama class. But I don't know I think I want to see the scripts first.
"We will lead a revolution!- John Cho"
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Well, I said the hiss because when I first introduced my idea of an English dub people didn't like it over there and really the site has gone haywire like something fierce. I'm not even a newsposter over there any more so I can't say anything over there about the English Dub. Does that answer your question, Metafox? Besides, the hardware mod which I was in charge of ...is pretty much dead. There really hasn't been that much activity. To be honest, it's much more active over here than it is over there. ...as far as the closeness of the actors of the French dub, I would like for everyone to try to at least played Alice and know what the parts sound like. I, myself, will let you listen to the parts in French and then I'll give you a direct translation of the script from me and patbier. I have respect for patbier and poche too but the disrespect I got over at consolevison wasn't even fit for a 2-year old. :) I just want this project to go over well...agreed?
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by No Name »

I'd be willing to do a part. Let me know if you want me to.
mmm.... n00b blood
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

I might be game to help out but doubt my voice would end up bein used
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Well, what I'd like you to do is just send me a few of your sample voices, No Name and Hawq and others interested, and then I can seed you guys into the parts where I deem necessary. If you can put your wav files on webspace, that'll be better for me so I don't flood my email. If you don't have webspace, email me the wav files (zipped or rarred is fine) to phs_outkast_03@yahoo.com. Thanks a lot for your interest guys. The hardest part to get is Alice so...search for that special girl out there! :roll:
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

kungpow12345 wrote:Well, I said the hiss because when I first introduced my idea of an English dub people didn't like it over there and really the site has gone haywire like something fierce.
What on earth are you talking about?

http://www.consolevision.com/forums/YaB ... 0;start=45

Everyone was for your project. Ibor and I even offered assistance way back then.
kungpow12345 wrote:I'm not even a newsposter over there any more so I can't say anything over there about the English Dub. Does that answer your question, Metafox?
Yes you are a newsposter. I added you back into Coranto when I reinstalled it. I sent you a PM a LONG time ago.
kungpow12345 wrote:Besides, the hardware mod which I was in charge of ...is pretty much dead. There really hasn't been that much activity. To be honest, it's much more active over here than it is over there. ...
Agreed, but if you'd visit the staff forum, you'd see that we're remaking the site, and switching to a more stable forum system.
kungpow12345 wrote:as far as the closeness of the actors of the French dub, I would like for everyone to try to at least played Alice and know what the parts sound like. I, myself, will let you listen to the parts in French and then I'll give you a direct translation of the script from me and patbier.
Good. That's the way to go.
kungpow12345 wrote: I have respect for patbier and poche too but the disrespect I got over at consolevison wasn't even fit for a 2-year old. :) I just want this project to go over well...agreed?
That's a terrible attitude. If you read your post almost everyone was for the idea, and lots of people were excited about it. Hardly "disrespect that wasn't even fit for a 2-year old". I don't know where the bitterness came from, but I'd rather you have PMed me than had made this public at a different forum. Now, that's disrespect.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

fat guy and gravel ;)
No Name
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by No Name »

kungpow12345 wrote:Well, what I'd like you to do is just send me a few of your sample voices, No Name and Hawq and others interested, and then I can seed you guys into the parts where I deem necessary.
Just let me know what you want me to say.
mmm.... n00b blood
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Just anything would be fine and I can seed you in if you don't really care what part you get :)

...and metafox, what you just did to me is exactly what I was trying to get away from at Consolevision. ...that site needs to be saved. I'm not loyal to one site or the other. You have got to understand that.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

burner0, I just listened to your Raven mp3 and I think I can seed you in as the Economist in Alice Dreams. Is that ok? There really isn't any bad guys yet from patbier but once we have some, I'm sure you'll get those parts too and impetus, you got your parts :)
Wing6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Wing6 »

Man, I really want to try this out but i'm gonna be on vacation next week! Damn!
"We will lead a revolution!- John Cho"
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

As long as I get this done by the end of the month, it's all good.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

kungpow12345 wrote:...and metafox, what you just did to me is exactly what I was trying to get away from at Consolevision.
I realize that a PM goes a long way, so I'm going to take this to PMs instead of cluttering up this topic. Something that you need to understand - you don't bring up issues you have on a site you work for on another site - you send a PM.