Space Channel 5...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
GyroVorbis
Elysian Shadows Developer
Elysian Shadows Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Space Channel 5...

Post by GyroVorbis »

The first thing I'd like to say is WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK!?

I was so not expecting this. I thought it'd be more like Phantasy Star or Shenmue with a chick. The game itself is cheesy as hell. The whole chick thing isn' t my type either. Really, I can't complain though. The game itself is pretty fun and addicting. Sorta like Samba De Amigo.

The game is HARD though. I still can't beat the first part or level or whatever you call it. I dont' know what I'm doing wrong. I think I stay on beat.... How the hell do you know what the rhythm is though? The background music has nothing to do with the dancing...

Any advice? I want to hurry up and beat this game before somebody finds out that I'm playing a game as a dancing chick... :?

Then, I can't deny that "Ulala" chick....
|/|
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Okay--if you're playing video games to begin with, you shouldn't be so worried about your "image" :-P. As long as you enjoy the game, that's the important part...some of my favorite games for DC have been absolutely ridiculous (Rayman 2, Super Magnetic Neo, Wacky Races, Bust-a-Move 4, Marvel vs Capcom...)

I don't know where you got the impression that the game was RPGesque, though. Just about any worthwhile games site will offer reviews of the game. (It might help in the future to read up on a game before you go out and buy it, so as not to waste your money on things you won't like ;-)).

But Space Channel 5 was made by the same man who created both Sega Rally and Rez; he split from SEGA after his team was pulled back in-house, and he's got his own studio now. Most recent rumors have been that he's working on an unofficial Rez sequel for either DS or PSP.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

this game is cool beans in my book. got both the US and JPN versions for DC, then got the 2-pack on PS2 to grab the sequel. ;)
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Re: Space Channel 5...

Post by arcticfeather »

Super Sonic wrote:The game is HARD though. I still can't beat the first part or level or whatever you call it. I dont' know what I'm doing wrong. I think I stay on beat.... How the hell do you know what the rhythm is though? The background music has nothing to do with the dancing...
The background music has everything to do with the dancing - the beat of the background music go to the same rhythm.

Before the opponent dances there is a beep and their icon appears in the corner, there will be a pause between this and when they actually start dancing - you'll have to keep that pause to - it'll beep again and ulala's icon will appear. The first level is actually quite easy :p, just wait until you reach the final level, there is a great ending
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

The background music has everything to do with the dancing - the beat of the background music go to the same rhythm.
Exactly.

This game is a great game :D It's not very long though.

But hell, if you think it's that hard... head on over to gamefaqs and get the cheat that makes the computer take over and you don't have to do a thing :roll:

I quite enjoyed this game and found it very entertaining :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

best four bucks i ever spent.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

its an alright game, i got it for my sister $4.99 new (it always seems much harder to get girls into games), not to mention my new chu chu rocket for $3.89 I wish the dreamcast hadn't "fallen" but man did i love the price cuts.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Best prices I can get in AU stores is $20. For games, the DC is $100. :?

I paid $20 for SC5 and I thought it was worth it. Amuzing game :lol:

Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Skynet check cash converters now thy slashed all dreamcast games to $3 and $5 i bought a stack full the other day.

They gave me a |$10 gift cert as well for buying them all how nice.

I got quiet a lot of games. I check the stores now there going to do these across australia i asked melbin is next week. NSW is this week.

Not every store only real one's some are owned by other people.

But go check it big sale. Dreamcasts are $30 now. Gamecube's were |$80 not bad.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I paid not that much more for my GameCube - I suggest the MarioKartDD package as it has four Zelda classix that'll come with it :D

SpaceChannel 5 is great and Space Channel 5 part 2 DC even is much better as it has new challenges and tasks and no prerendered background - full 3D that is :)

Chris
Insane homebrew collector.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Skynet check cash converters now thy slashed all dreamcast games to $3 and $5 i bought a stack full the other day.
I was there on Tuesday, still very expensive :(

I dont know, coz of the public holiday on monday it's screwed up my work roster, so I dont have a day off until this sunday and next sunday. So I wont be able to get to cashies for a while :x

Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

Christuserloeser wrote:SpaceChannel 5 is great and Space Channel 5 part 2 DC even is much better as it has new challenges and tasks and no prerendered background - full 3D that is :)
Exactly what I was going to say. ;)

SC5 and SC5 part 2 are the best things that ever happend to the DC.