Euro 2004 Starts on Saturday ** possible match spoilers**

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Euro 2004 Starts on Saturday ** possible match spoilers**

Post by Lunchbox »

What team are you going for?

Go Italy! :D
Last edited by Lunchbox on Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

England... my second team would be Italy :kiss)
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

I don't think England have a real chance of winning it but I would like to see them do well.

I think either France or Italy will win the tournament. I suppose Portugal have a chance because they are at home but like Spain, they are too inconsistent from one game to the next to be a solid bet.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

go finland!!!!!!!!
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

Latvia :!:
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

It works out beneficial for all parties involved if I support England.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Holland naturally. But after the last two practice matches (losses against both Ireland and Belgium), I'm not expecting much. It's been 16 years since Holland won the tournament and the people want to see some good results again for a change.
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

CoasterKing wrote:I don't think England have a real chance of winning it
*for a change*
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

I'll be cheering for Denmark (hey miracles have happened before) with England as my 2nd choice. Using what little brains i have left I think the trophy will go to either France or Italy
Paulo Kathanni
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by Paulo Kathanni »

In my opinion the best team is FRANCE. Zidane, Trezeget, Henri i think they will make the difference. I think they will only be eliminate for bad luck, or if the GERMAN way of playing (they created a way of winning world cups without playing any football, just strenth, long range kicks and crossing balls in the box) prevail. Italy without BAGGIO will not get that far in my opinion, i don't think TOTTI and DEL PIERO are in a good moment.

I agree with coasterking too, Portugal may be dangerous because they are playing home and they have a strong headed coach. And thanks to him, Portugal are free from that weird Vitor Ba?a... He is too weak...

Spain is Spain, ppl always say a lot about them but when the time comes, they take their bags and go home...

But the most important, I hope FOOTBALL wins!!! :D

Tomorrow my team, Sao Paulo, will play the first match of two at the semifinals of the most important South America Championship: Libertadores da America Cup!!! I'm so ancious!! :D I hope we're in TOKIO AGAIN, as we were at 92/93 beating Barcelona and Milan to beat PORTO THIS TIME!! :)
Last edited by Paulo Kathanni on Tue Jun 08, 2004 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

I'd put my money on Portugal.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Portugal have got one of the weakest squads imho, Your money won't be with you for long Phantom ;)

Come on England!!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

SuperMegatron, Finland didn't qualify
Nyarlathotep wrote:
CoasterKing wrote:
I don't think England have a real chance of winning it

*for a change*
Well they could have won the world cup in 2002 if it wasn't for Seaman getting lobbed AGAIN. I really do think England might have a chance of winning the World Cup in 2006. They have a lot of really good young players who will be 24-27 by then and hitting the peak of thier talents (eg Gerrard, Joe & Ashley Cole, Rooney, Terry, Robinson, Parker, King, Johnson etc).

The one big problem they have is on the left side of midfield. I bet England are rueing the day Ryan Giggs chose Wales over England. Mind you, I bet he is too :lol:
The Kron wrote:Portugal have got one of the weakest squads imho, Your money won't be with you for long Phantom :wink:
I disagree. You have to remember that the nucleus of the Portugal first team is made up of FC Porto players and they have just won the Champions League. I think the one area where they may get caught out is at the back because both thier first choice centre backs have no pace.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Git/\nn0 wrote:Italy without BAGGIO will not get that far in my opinion, i don't think TOTTI and DEL PIERO are in a good moment.
Baggio's career went downhill when he booted that penalty kick over the bar back in World Cup 94. He hasn't had a starting spot on the international squad since then, why would he make a difference now?
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

The Kron wrote:Portugal have got one of the weakest squads imho, Your money won't be with you for long Phantom ;)
It's the home advantage that will make the difference, mark my words. ;) I think that Portugal is in a winning mood now after Porto won the Champions League.

France may have a good team on paper, but look at how well they did last world cup... they were eliminated in the first round.

And Holland.. well, we definitely have some great strikers (Kluivert, van Nistelrooy, van Hooijdonck, Makaay), but they never seem to be able to reach their full potential in the national team.
Paulo Kathanni
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by Paulo Kathanni »

Lunchbox wrote:Baggio's career went downhill when he booted that penalty kick over the bar back in World Cup 94. He hasn't had a starting spot on the international squad since then, why would he make a difference now?
I can say that dude! I'm brazilian and i remember that scene as that was yesterday after these 10 years!!!

Romario was considered the best player in that World Cup, but the ONLY ONE who could miss that penalty kick was BAGGIO!

Italy games were so much more DRAMATIC (despite Brazil X Netherlands). Baggio played that World Cup final under pression of Juventus because he was injuried and the president didnt' want him to play that final! Baggio played the last 4 of 7 Italy games, INJURIED and made the two goals against Nigeria! He was the one dude, i'm his fan... Brazil had the amazing BEBETO forwards aside Romario, but Italy, just Baggio...

If it wasnt Baggio, Italy wouldn't have qualified to the final match.

In my honest opinion.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Here's the odds at some UK bookmakers: http://mybetting.oddschecker.com/mybett ... /sid/44817

Looks like France/Italy are the big favorites. Followed by Portugal/Spain/England/Holland.
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

I think England, Spain or Italy will make it. But I'll cross my fingers for the Czech Republic and Bulgaria, I have a kind of vision which tells me one of both teams will make it far.

(Okay, to be honest I hope that CZ will make it because I'd drive over to the CZ then and party in one of their great bars with their cheap beer. Cheers. ;) )
mikelomax
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Location: Off Topic, Since I know very little about the dreamcast

Post by mikelomax »

for the moment england (since i live here) but based on the result from the England V France game this weekend, that may change.
The reason for having: A firewall

Independance day, the aliens were destroyed because a computer was used to access their network and disable key systems. If they had had a firewall, the earth would be just another worthless rock floating in space.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Lunchbox wrote:
Git/\nn0 wrote:Italy without BAGGIO will not get that far in my opinion, i don't think TOTTI and DEL PIERO are in a good moment.
Baggio's career went downhill when he booted that penalty kick over the bar back in World Cup 94. He hasn't had a starting spot on the international squad since then, why would he make a difference now?
I agree plus Italy were incredibly unlucky to not win the Euro 2000 final against France. I remember Alessandro Del Piero missing a complete sitter near the end of the game when Italy were 1-0 up. This could be the Azzuri's year.