Your ultimate game?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Your ultimate game?

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Imagine ourselves not so far into the future where gaming technology is maxed out (aside from relating innovations). What is the ultimate game idea you have but is being held back by current technology? first one to say 'a more interactive gta' gets stabbed in the face.

For myself, the idea isn't so far off. I'd die for a MMORPG on a handheld.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

civ 4
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Ok, I change mine to 'The death of a Georgian boy.'
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

The ultimate dungeons and dragons game, that you can write a campaign for in 2 hours, and it virtually projects you there, as well as its netplay enabled.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Shenmue MMO! I don't like MMOs too much, but if we could have everyone running around as shenmue characters I'd love it :lol: I'd be Tom! :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

A VR Counter-Strike or CS like shooter. Imagine wearing a headset, and when you turn your view turns too, and you have to aim by holding an aiming device. That would be great.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Tron
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I was gonna say VR. That's gotta be the 'next big thing' that happens to gaming.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I remember when I was younger VR was a big thing and they had VR games all over the place at the CN Tower and CNE, and then it just disappeared. I'd love to see what VR is like with today's technology.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Lunchbox wrote:I remember when I was younger VR was a big thing and they had VR games all over the place at the CN Tower and CNE, and then it just disappeared. I'd love to see what VR is like with today's technology.
Exactly. The ones I remember where you stood in a circle w/ headset and gun. Heh the graphics were mediocre, and the game wasn't exactly anything special. But it was just changed by being VR. There was a screen too so your friends could watch what you were doing.

I can't even really imagine what they'd be able to do with VR today. I don't understand why no one has it could be quite big. Imagine if one of the console's had an exclusive VR set released..
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Danger! Long post! Those of you with ADD just click the back button on your browser now...

Anyone ever heard of City Of Heroes? It's an MMORPG about being a super hero.
Now that is as close to my ideal game as Checkered Flag on the Spectrum is to someone whose ideal game is Gran Turismo 3. Its got the basic gist in there, but it's nowhere near as in depth as I want it...

Let me elaborate.

You start off being able to pick your hero / villain / antihero / vigilante (that's right, it caters to all styles of play) in a small free roaming town (yes, like GTA if you insist in making the comparison) but the fictitious government of the country you are in has every town in the country locked down by impenetratable forcefields to prevent the super powered population running riot.

You can pick three super powers (one active, one passive, one 'special') and as many skills as you want with your exp pool (so far so standard RPG). Here's where it gets original.
As well as your standard EXP and cash rewards for doing... whatever it is you want to do, you also have a kudos type system where your rep affects how you are treated by other NPCs and players in game - this rep not only affects what type of 'missions' you get, but also how you can progress to other areas.
Examples:
If you are a hero in your small town and have a good rep, you might well be asked by the government or other influential body to transfer to a different town where your skills are needed, like a bigger town, leading up to huge cities.
If you are an out and out villain, you can either pay off the mob to smuggle you out into a different area using the large amounts of cash you have stolen.
if you are just a downright badass killer viglante (a la punisher) you can intimidate the mob and / or the government / other body into getting rid of you to a different city to be someone elses problem.

how your rep is affected:
if you are a hero type, you will gain rep by the obvious routes such as busting criminals, saving people from burning buildings yada yada yada. However, your rep can go downhill if you start doing things like ignoring innocents in danger to take out the bad guy, or killing enemies instead of taking them into the authorities - play too recklessly and you will become a vigilante instead of a hero.
Villains reps are based on their MOs and their actions - so you can be a 'noble' thief and not kill innocents or cause property to damage, preferring to just steal anything thats now nailed down, and you will have grudging respect from hero type characters (ie theyll have to take you in with kid gloves, or suffer a rep loss), but not from other villains who will happily ice you.
Out and out villains will gain extra rep for doing crazy things like knocking a building over onto some civilians to escape the law, kidnapping prominent citizens then murdering them after the ransom has been paid etc.

MOs:
every super powered being has an MO depending on what they tend to do, and their missions will be created based on this: for example, if you are playing a villain with a fetish for gold and technology, then the missions you can pick up will all focus around stealing gold and / or technologies.
This of course means if your nemesis is after you, they will be able to spot which missions in a city you are likely to be going for (as they can eliminate anything not gold or technology based)
Super heros don't have MOs, they have fields of interest: for example if you spend your hero 'downtime' in your secret identity doing things like studying interdimensional portals (a la reed richards) you're much more likely to be sucked into fighting despots in other dimensions etc - if you're happy beating up on muggers and bank robbers you're likely to end up fightinggeneral 'thug' super villains or ending gang wars etc

Eh, I have plenty more because some day I AM going to MAKE this game if I ever get high enough up the games industry ladder to pick and choose my own projects and bring people in to work on them for me, but I've rambled on enough for now
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Nyar that sounds fckin sweet.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Completely immersive style of music game that adds both DDR and Para Para Paradise (and a bit of marraca stylings) all together.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Hmm maybe like a royal rumble type of street fighter. Also what is MMO? Skynet is the one who said it...
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Nyar - That sounds sweet. As long as Jagex dont make it, itll rock.*

*This is in no way saying that Jagex make crap games, its saying that your game idea is so sweet, Id cry if it got hampered by icky icky Java, which Jagex seem to have a fetish for

On a side note
Partying is a common feature of MMORPGs, so would you be able to join forces like the x-men or something? And would you be able to say, do the whole captain planet thing, where if you get the right party together, you could all use your powers collectivley to summon an ultimate super hero guy?
MystiK
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by MystiK »

hmm.....
1. A VR sex game, you can get partners on the net, you put on a headset similar to a welding mask and you get to see and hear the person and other apparatus allow you to feel them.
2. An internet karate game, same thing, but you beat people up
3. A VRMMOFPS, you see other people,hear them,talk to them, and collaborate to ''kill'' other people.
4. A VR Racing game.

The possibilities of VR are endless as it is fascinating.
French Connection United Kingdom should be renamed to French Union Connection Klothing
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

I been thinking about the VR thing, but I thing it will get drastically limited by "ethics". like for example the karate idea right above is great (well so is sex), but the idea could too easily be taken the wrong way, like how sega canceled the release of propeller arena in result of 9/11. Like if there was a VRMMOFPS people could act out the plannings and killings of govenment officials and set up all sorts of scenarios that just get too border line. back to propeller arena, you could simulate 9/11 and crash into buildings. I have no problem with it, but I think the ideas might get held back or at least delay until we have a more accepting society.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

I want to see a lightgun game where your movements control the game. Police 911/24 7 sort of did this, but I'd like a complete 360 degree view. I guess what I'm describing is lightgun VR.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I didn't read all your post Nyar, my head hurts. :lol:

What you're describing sounds like that game with the super heroes in it, but the name escapes me right now. My bro had some pretty sweet comic characters in it. But at the time he had it, my PC was a POS and wouldn't run it. Now I have a decent computer, I gotta get me that game :lol:

EDIT:

OK the game I was thinking of was Freedom Force. Ok so it may or not be like what Nyar just described, but I dunno... he made me think of it :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

MystiK wrote:hmm.....
1. A VR sex game, you can get partners on the net, you put on a headset similar to a welding mask and you get to see and hear the person and other apparatus allow you to feel them.
2. An internet karate game, same thing, but you beat people up
3. A VRMMOFPS, you see other people,hear them,talk to them, and collaborate to ''kill'' other people.
4. A VR Racing game.

The possibilities of VR are endless as it is fascinating.
A VR sex game ? You need to get out and meet some new people!

Apart from that being slightly disturbing, you are definatly only going to get the nastiest, ugliest, nerdiest women on there.. if at all..