NEOCD/SDL DC V7.1

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
apandador
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by apandador »

Please guys.... STOP TALKING ABOUT ISOS, BACKUPS AND MP3... im going crazy with this never endless discussion... better if we talk about NeoCD emulator and the ways to improve it??? :?:
Fosters
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Fosters »

OK think i can settle the 2 games per cd argument in a way that everyone will be happy with.

Playing CDDA is essentially cpu cost free.

if you stick more than one game on a disk you either need to mess with track numbers ( and change the 68k code ) which is far too much effort.

Otherwise you either need wav files or mp3s. The additional cpu cost of playing these - especially in mp3 form - will be too much for the DC, which can barely cope with the speed as it is.

Waste of time.

QED

Fosters
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

kudos for fosters again :) :) :)
brucedeluxe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by brucedeluxe »

Due to the constant warez talk and backups progress will be much slower as i waste my time locking out cdr's I will find a way you know me i do the impossable. Im not going to check this topic any more.
I somehow knew this was gonna happen. Oh well. More waiting thanks to y'all.
Eat it the newbie way
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

:o
Insane homebrew collector.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

fosters, why didn't you just say that in the first place??? that makes perfect sense =).
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

ethoscapade wrote:fosters, why didn't you just say that in the first place??? that makes perfect sense =).
He shouldn't have to say anything at all about the issue.

(the rest isn't directed at anyone in particular)

I don't give a damn about warez vs originals myself, I'm a collector, but I don't care what other people do. However, no matter which side you stand on, you respect the authors decision! Why? Because its THEIR PROJECT. If you don't like what they are doing with it, make your own, leave, something. If you make a suggestion, and it is rejected, oh well. It doesn't matter if you don't understand why they're doing it, or don't agree.

With that said, there are still many reasonable people on these boards that respect the rules. So I hope Ian doesn't let this get to him, and doesn't leave the boards altogether, but I can't blame him if he does. It isn't just because people disagree, it is the bickering, the attitudes, and the pestering.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

well since I am in a financial crisis and can't afford games, I am no longer going for this project. I have absolutely no money to spend on myself since my hours at work has been cut drasticly. so I guess I should just support the Snes,Genesis and PCE emulation for DC (if PCE engine happens} as for neo I will just play with what I got and use neo rage for my personal use, this was a good idea until people ranted and ranted about warez and as I knew it was coming Ian has decided to take his time and lock out back ups. I was all for the project and now that I am flat broke there is no need for me to play this emu because I don't have the money to buy any game or anything, I just have the money for rent,internet and phone line. then I am flat broke with no money to spend at all. So Ian it was a cool project and ones who can afford the CDs enjoy yourself, I am moving on to the other emulation projects the DC has to offer, I am not offending Ian or anyone, However I am really angry that people in this forum have over talked the "back-up" topic which is not allowed according to the fourm rules.

I thank the people who tried to stop the warez talk. People just keep talking like Nagging women.......... so therefore as Ian stated it has come to this. Congrats to those who have money to buy the originals. As for me I am broke and can't root for ian on this project anymore therefore I am not with this anymore. I hope those who over talked the warez talk are proud of themselves. You should have kept quiet, so whatever. It was nice while it lasted.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

actually by posting this kind of comments you dont help at all.
no emulator you can find here is intended to allow you to play games you downloaded because you are broke and cant afford them in their original form.
though youre still able to do it and its your personnal choice, but dont mention it as it will only irritate the authors.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

Not sure if the mods know about the warez issues in this topic but i advise all to stop the talk of warez.

or risk the admins banning you.
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
Link2k4
DCEmu Banned
DCEmu Banned

Post by Link2k4 »

Oh well, I am not posting anymore on this topic anyways, take care every body.
Christuserloeser

I bet u weren't meant :wink:

Let's forget about it and all the talk and start over :!:

Makes no sense at all who or why someone's using which backup... Just don't discuss it as it still is illegal and ever will be illegal.

Chris
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Unfortunetely, unless Ian changes his mind, there isn't any going back. I think the mods need to keep a closer eye on threads like this in the future.

Quzar: If you read this, just promise that you'll stay in touch with Ian. Maybe he'll come back at a future date, as I've said before there are many people here that DO respect the rules and the authors.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Christuserloeser

I agree with this.

Chris
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FlamingBee »

Dragging this topic away from a dubious area, does NeoCD/SDL DC V7.1 support PAL screen refresh rates. Last time I tried this emulator (back in V 4.5 i think) when I put the CD into my dreamcast it selfbooted but all of the screen was messed up as it was outputting in 60hz. Does it support 50hz now?
Fosters
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Fosters »

im pretty sure its still 60Hz.
FlamingBee
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by FlamingBee »

Bugger, I guess I will have to wait then. Any idea if 50hz support will be added in the future? I don't think it should be too hard to implement anyway.
haljordan
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by haljordan »

Is there a way to read that bar code on ngcd games? I believe its ISS or something the name of the identifier thing :-p.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

haljordan wrote:Is there a way to read that bar code on ngcd games? I believe its ISS or something the name of the identifier thing :-p.
SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Alexvrb wrote:Quzar: If you read this, just promise that you'll stay in touch with Ian. Maybe he'll come back at a future date, as I've said before there are many people here that DO respect the rules and the authors.
As far as I know hes still around, just not posting. Also I talked to him once or so about it, if he ever decided to quit he would most likely pass the project to me, and although Im no substitute, I would give it more attention than I do now.
FlamingBee wrote:Dragging this topic away from a dubious area, does NeoCD/SDL DC V7.1 support PAL screen refresh rates. Last time I tried this emulator (back in V 4.5 i think) when I put the CD into my dreamcast it selfbooted but all of the screen was messed up as it was outputting in 60hz. Does it support 50hz now?
Since it is in SDL, I dont think there is a way to make it show PAL (not sure...) but if there was there would have to be a slight change in the code as right now it is hardcoded to be 60hz.
haljordan wrote:Is there a way to read that bar code on ngcd games? I believe its ISS or something the name of the identifier thing :-p.
I think there is, but without an example of how to do it on the DC it would probably be next to impossible for anyone working on it now to implement it.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man