True Crime on PC. Worth buying again?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

True Crime on PC. Worth buying again?

Post by Skynet »

OK, the deal is that I have TC on GC already. And although I enjoy the game, it is just terrible in the draw distance, amongst other things.

Would buying it on PC be worth it for the better screen rez and such? I'm also thinking of the multiplayer aspect of it too.

My bro bought it up the other day and installed it, but it's of no use to me now coz I don't actually own it. Neither does he, he hired it :lol:

So would I have to be a die hard TC fan to want it on PC too (or possible sell my GC ver. to buy the PC ver.)?
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

it depends I guess. Is your PC powerful enough to run the game better than your GC can?
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

it depends I guess. Is your PC powerful enough to run the game better than your GC can?
I should hope so. Athlon XP2000+ 512ram. gf4 ti4200

I played it for a bit when my bro bought it up and the frame rate was better and looked better too. But I didn't get passed the first level, the shooting range. lol. I played it for about 2mins. So really I have no idea what driving is like

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

True Crime was a fun game, but I will agree (I had it for 'Cube for a while, and I've played it on PS2 and xBox...not really any better) that the visuals are really a letdown. It looks like a middling-to-high Dreamcast game. And coming out when it did, with the hype and budget it got, for the platforms it was on, that doesn't really cut it. [shrug] Ah well...still an entertaining game; just could've used another few months in development to work out the physics bugs and maybe get some cleaner textures/more optimized rendering in there.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

It wasn't worth buying the first time :|.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Its a rental at best if you ask me. The shooting scenes are great but everything else is sub par. Sky i'm sure you got to the end of that game, you know how disappointing the end was, right? :wink: I'm sticking with GTA
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

buy farcry for pc. game is just whoA!!!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

az_bont wrote:It wasn't worth buying the first time :|.
Agreed and from what I've seen the PC port doesn't look any better than the console versions. The only advantage may be that it doesn't crash every hour or so.
Neopunk
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by Neopunk »

Buy it for PC. I have it and it's a lot better than the GC one. It loads faster on some parts, plus it has better graphics
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

It wasn't worth buying the first time
Yeah I know, but Im never gonna get that $70 back. So what'ya gonna do :lol:
Its a rental at best if you ask me. The shooting scenes are great but everything else is sub par. Sky i'm sure you got to the end of that game, you know how disappointing the end was, right?
Yeah kinda, the whole Ancient Wu think confused me and thought "why?" :lol:
Agreed and from what I've seen the PC port doesn't look any better than the console versions. The only advantage may be that it doesn't crash every hour or so.
I thought the multiplayer aspect might be fun. Bullet time in multi player (if its in it) would be interesting :o

Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

i was thinking of picking it up on GC since im tryin to get into the more "mature" games. im just wondering if its even worth picking up at all. i wouldnt even bother with a PC verison cause one my pc is a pos and 2 i hate playing games on my pc. i would get it for my ps2 but i know how buggy ps2 games can be when compared to a gc verison
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

i was thinking of picking it up on GC since im tryin to get into the more "mature" games. im just wondering if its even worth picking up at all. i wouldnt even bother with a PC verison cause one my pc is a pos and 2 i hate playing games on my pc. i would get it for my ps2 but i know how buggy ps2 games can be when compared to a gc verison
Dont get it if you're thinking it's GTA. It's different to GTA and has features that GTA does not. The jerkiness, draw distance and genereal bugs that are in the game do drag it down a lot. My advice would be to rent it on GC first, then if you're pleased with it, think about renting.

Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

thankx for the advice will do
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

My advice would be to rent it on GC first, then if you're pleased with it, think about renting.
thankx for the advice will do
:lol: Did you realize that I said rent it, then if you're pleased to think about renting? :o :guffaw:

In any case, if you truly enjoy the story, the gfx problems that occur shouldn't be that much of a bother to you

Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

yeah i picked up on the double rents. was that on purpose? if so im assumin that means besides the story the game really isnt that great at all.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

It was meant to be that if you rent it and like it, think about buying it.

I personally didn't mind TC. I have Vice City too and they're both different games. So as I said, don't expect GTA. It isn't GTA. If you set aside thinking it's GTA, you should enjoy it

CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Skynet wrote: I thought the multiplayer aspect might be fun. Bullet time in multi player (if its in it) would be interesting :o
With a mouse and autoaim you would never miss in multiplayer. I also can't imagine that the combat would work at all well with a mouse and a keyboard.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

thats when you plug in a controller
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Lunchbox wrote:thats when you plug in a controller
If you can that is.
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well skynet i havent even played GTA so it'll be a new experince for me ive been thinkin about pickin up the more "mature" titles like i said such as True Crime,GTA 3/VC,Dead 2 Rights,Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes,Blood Omen 2,Bloodrayne and etc