NES on a chip

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SupraMario »

SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

I went to a fla market or whatever you call those todya with ym cousin and her boyfrind.I saw the one that looked like the n64.It is actualy very nice with like 600 games.(althoguh I have more on nesterdc).It played good and had a spot on the bottom for actual nes games they even had one their to test it out.I recomend get one if you find it I did :D.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

http://www.success-hk.com/pp/success.asp
Home > Cool Stuff > Video Games/Classic Games
Power Player 76-in-1 8-bit Game Console (T-0109)

Comes with 2 controllers and 1 light gun
Built-in 76 games
It can play the Japanese Famicom carts
PAL version only

Power Player is great for car rides and keeping the kids occupied during long trips. No cart required as it built-in 76 games. Other than built-in games, it supports Japanese Famicom carts. Requires 4AA batteries if not using power adaptor.
Only PAL version is available.

Power Player (x1)
Additional Controller (x1)
Light Gun (x1)
AV cable (x1)
220V 3 Flat Pins Adaptor (x1)

az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

You can get those for about a tenner in any market over here. I've played one before, and it seemed okay. Lots of repeated games, but ten I didn't seriously expect over 2000 NES games in one device. A bit slow, but I think that could have been a 50/60Hz issue.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

So is this what your selling, not the chip itself?
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

correct. it's a lot easier to put a 72-pin on that than what kevin horton did. I actually saw the chip today and have no idea how he soldered all those wires.
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by revengeofLaEternal »

couple of questions:

how hard would it be (if possible) to get one with the 72-pin connector (I have no famicom carts, just US NES carts)?

how hard, if that's not possible, would it be to attach one?

what's the voltage on that thing (i already have some portable ideas going :mrgreen: )?
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

most of them come with games built in, the one i have has 128, but attaching an nes cart...www.classicgaming.com/vcsp. he's done it. i've done it. it's not hard. all the pins are pretty much in the same spot. runs on 4aa, so 4x1.5...6V DC. Batteries last for a while. quite a few hours, to say the least. i think ben figured that out, too.
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

I would like to buy one of the NES-on-a chip chips. PM for information on it and I'll send you the money quick :) Also, if you can send me a list of the games included, that'll be cool too. This is going to be great fun for modding!
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

sorry to sortah go against ya supramario

@kungpow: you can find those a LOT cheaper on ebay. it is just a standard chineese pirate NES on a chip thing.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

sounds like I might have a summer project underway...

still would like any info about the whole cartridge situation (i'll look at the vscp page, but if anyone has info, feel free to post).
Clarkbar
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Clarkbar »

I had one just like it and the controlls sucked. Not only that but the games froze all the time. I wasnt impressed myself. I'm not normally one to bring it up but these are NOT liscenced by nintendo hence warez. :oops:
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

You might have more fun with one of those portable VCD players that can also play NES ROMs from CD-Rs. There's a Genesis version available as well. I also saw a similar device for the SNES a while ago, but it was a lot more expensive. None supported SRAM saving, unfortunately :(.

I still need to pick up a SNES and a nice little backup unit...
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

Whoaaaa az_bont...explain this VCD player business. Controls on the 76-in-1 do suck. I'm putting mine in an NES controller. Games do freeze if the cart in the slot is a ripoff famicom game.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

xinga sells them. its a small VCD player, a bit smaller than original PS, that is semi portable and plays VCDs and Genesis or NES roms off CD-Rs (i think there is a snes version too but dont quote me on that)
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

There was a similar device sold by Lik-Sang for around $100 (or was that ?100?) that had a typically generic name like Gamestation. It did not support SRAM saving, so games had to be played through completely, which is no doubt the reason why it isn't particularly popular.

I'd much rather get one of the cheaper backups units from ToTotek.com. A 32M unit for $30US sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me :).
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

tototek only has sms and gg and stuff. Know any place that has anything NES, even if the mappers are limited or something.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

SupraMario wrote:tototek only has sms and gg and stuff. Know any place that has anything NES, even if the mappers are limited or something.
They do a lot more than just SMS and GG, but you're right about them not doing NES stuff. I don't think I've ever seen a NES backup device before - other than an adaptor that allows Famicon disks to be put onto floppy discs.

You may be able to build one, though. There looks like there may be some useful information here: http://nesdev.parodius.com/#HardwareCartridges
revengeofLaEternal
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

a Game Theory Admiral (a.k.a. GTA; a portable famicom clone with built in screen modeled after the GBA) might be easier than building my own portable from what supramario's offering... but then... a 2" screen would kinda suck :? i have some thinking to do... :uhm: