VMU emu - screenshots

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Zealous zerotype
zerotype
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Zealous zerotype »

hey shark812 havent seen you in a while.Anyways this looks really cool I rigged up that 2AA thing for my vmu guess I wont be needing that anymore.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

exactly..!! :)

this tool is gonna be great!!
DC FoReVeR.!!!
SupaRED
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by SupaRED »

no speud, youre wrong, dude... i know a lot of people that are surprised with your great work. im posting your news about new versions of VMU Tools in brazillian Foruns, everytime. maybe, you think you can have more comments here, or in others "popular" forums...
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

When the emulator is implented than you will have the ultimate VMU Tool! If the Dreamcast was still commercially available than this disk should be standard come with every Dreamcast. It is almost impossible to play a game on the VMU without loosing the battery power very fast. Without hardware modifications this the ultimate way to play the VMU games. Is it also true that this is the first time you can select a game and save it back on the VMU? I thought VMoo couldn't do that yet.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

VMoo is a very good port of marcus' emu. dirtysanchez did a very good job, and i had only to modify a few things to get the emu implemented in VMU Tool.

he already implemented the LCD display, but since i had implemented something similar for the extra icon editor i used my code instead, cause its a bit faster to me.

also he did implement flash saving to the pc, then it was easy for me to modify that and implement flash saving to the vm instead.

thanks for the compliments, im sure everybody who is related to the project deserve those ;)

at the moment im having problems to get a good framerate for every game, when i use the patch for alien fighter (one of the best VM games) the other games are too slow, when i dont use it alien fighter is too fast and crash.

strangely the games omar cornut made are not affected by these settings and will run too fast whatever the values i use.

i will probably not waste too much time trying to get every game working without bugs at the same speed for this release. hopefully the emu will be improved in next versions.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

well speud, this is good, keep it up, cos now i don't have to buy any new batteries for my vmu to play the games, damn batteries only last a few days :cry:
it looks real good too me :D

i aint buying anymore batteries for them things, they can beep all they want, but they aint getting fed :twisted:
Pavlik
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Pavlik »

Hey Speud.

Could You insert in new vmu tool (0.7.3) one save for Phantasy Star Online ver.2 ?? There is no way to copy this proteced file as protected form cd, If You do that game tell this - the file is corupted.

You can grab the dci file from:

http://gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/save/31602.html

and include in vmu tool.
If You like, I can upload my super code save (3 years of building) with 340 !!! game codes for all regions (1 game for 1 region)??
..:: Jet Set Radio Babes ::..
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

the next public release of VMU Tool wont be version 0.7.3, this version was the one used for the screenshots before i implemented the emu and is already outdated.

i wont include any VM file with VMU Tool. i think its easy enough to let people make their files compil, just like when you use an emulator you make your roms compil by yourself.

though if you have dumped files by yourself, and didnt get them from a site, you can send them to DCevo for their public VM files image.

if you want this save for your personnal use simply convert it to a VMI/VMS using the tools from my site, then put it on your disc and youll be able to save it and remove the "cannot copy" protection.

Pavlik
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Pavlik »

speud wrote:if you want this save for your personnal use simply convert it to a VMI/VMS using the tools from my site, then put it on your disc and youll be able to save it and remove the "cannot copy" protection.
haha - I cant load this save from my vmu unit because this save is without "cannot copy" protection and game cant load this save.
Question for You - how can I download save (from cd to vmu) with copy protection option to play with this save?
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

Question for You - how can I download save (from cd to vmu) with copy protection option to play with this save?
the "cannot copy" protection is totally ignored in VMU Tool, thats only displayed in the files infos, but you can copy files with this protection as well as files without it.
make sure your VMI/VMS are correct.

area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

I'll never have to buy batteries for my VMU ever again. That's awesome :)
Hobbes T Tiger
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Hobbes T Tiger »

Yay for Speud. I like! :D
Sega of Japan wrote:Offline - No confusion! No Boring! No Silence!
Online - No Loneliness! No Typing!
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Looking forward to trying it out. Keep up the good work speud :)
kyslug
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by kyslug »

yeah, everything looks very promising. i loved the previous release, and with the implementation of the vmu emu this release will be out of sight. speud, thanks for all the hard work thus far, you're a true asset to the dreamcast community.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

You always come back with incedible new features on every new version. The VMU emu will be awesome, I hope you get it all figured out. :twisted:
Genezis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Genezis »

That thing is great Speud!

Your argentinian fan :kiss)
?Sega Fanatico!
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

thanks for the support :)

i stoped working on the emu for now, ill try and implement the defragment function and the cheats editor, then ill make a new release.

if i see it takes too long i wont implement too much new features for this version, since the emu works fine and thats what most people are waiting for.

Pavlik
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Pavlik »

speud wrote: i stoped working on the emu for now, ill try and implement the defragment function and the cheats editor, then ill make a new release.
cheats editor??
like action replay ??
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

yes, thats a tool to edit your gameshark/action replay and maybe codebreaker/xploder saves, so you can modify the codes or create new ones.
though you will need gameshark/action replay or codebreaker/xploder to load the files and launch your games with cheats enabled.

E.F.C
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

how do i get this emu working

Post by E.F.C »

at first i wasn't so interested in this emu but after seeing pics and finding out that you can save the game i found that pretty interesting i just hop that i can get this emu its a must for me who is a very big video game nerd and dc nerd

Thanks

Eric