Converting Real to DcDivix Beta 2

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Zemus420
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Converting Real to DcDivix Beta 2

Post by Zemus420 »

ok I used TINRA to convert my RM files to Divix AVI but I cant seem to make them play on DCDivix Beta 2 any thoughts on what wrong :cry:
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Re: Converting Real to DcDivix Beta 2

Post by kRYPT_ »

You specified incorrect compression settings, duh.
Zemus420 wrote:ok I used TINRA to convert my RM files to Divix AVI but I cant seem to make them play on DCDivix Beta 2 any thoughts on what wrong :cry:
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: Converting Real to DcDivix Beta 2

Post by dcemuler »

Zemus420 wrote:ok I used TINRA to convert my RM files to Divix AVI but I cant seem to make them play on DCDivix Beta 2 any thoughts on what wrong :cry:
I used Eo Video to convert my rm files to divx , but they didn't work either
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

TINRA worked perfectly for me... you did reencode the file it produced after running it through the stabiliser right? I ask, because TINRA's output is PCM audio rather than MP3, and you have to re encode the audio with VirtualDUB before adding to disk.

EO Video *should* be able to encode directly into the correct video and audio settings, but personally I found I got a better conversion using TINRA than EO Video, even if EO Video is much easier to use.
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

Maybe it's time for a RealVideo -> DCDivX-compatible-AVI guide..
Dr_Wily wrote:TINRA worked perfectly for me... you did reencode the file it produced after running it through the stabiliser right? I ask, because TINRA's output is PCM audio rather than MP3, and you have to re encode the audio with VirtualDUB before adding to disk.

EO Video *should* be able to encode directly into the correct video and audio settings, but personally I found I got a better conversion using TINRA than EO Video, even if EO Video is much easier to use.