I need any and all Mod tutorials

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I need any and all Mod tutorials

Post by Prophet][ »

The devcast is almost ready, I'm hoping to make it a really complete site that people can vist to see all the mods that have been done, and see pics of what others have done.

Currently I'm updating the mods on the old site to the new one, but we need more tuts. So I'm asking for anyone to write or send me a tut they have written or going to wirte. I don't really care if we end up having 3 modem LEDs tuts or the such, it would accually make it easier for people as they could see differnt ways of doing it.

Also any general electronic mods, like how to solder etc, or taking apart the DC, or explainations of general DC compents would also be great.

I would love to make this a competition and give out prizes, but I don't have any. I'll see what I can do though, I work in a mail room so could get free postage. BUT I'm not garenteeing anything.

It would help me if you could make your webpage to put the tut on, this zi file is the tempalate from my Indicator mod. If you can't it doesn't matter though, I can do it. Once it is put on the net, the side bar and top bar will appear.

http://devcast.dcemulation.com/template.zip

keep all the files needed in your tut in one directory and only edit the middle table. Modify it how you see fit and send it to me at jenkeis@tpg.com.au , or upload it in a zip file and post the link here or in PM.

I hope people can help as once its done it will now be easy to edit and update.

EDIT:
Tuts done:
Painting the DC
Replacing the f1 resistor
Tilt controller
LED controller indicator
VMU Battery and light
changing the main led in the DC
Making a NES contoller work on a DC
Last edited by Prophet][ on Sat May 15, 2004 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

Ok cool, im on study leave so i'll have plenty of time to do this between revision
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I've edited my original post to show what mods aare already up in case people want to know
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

i have all the pics ready for a painting tut, but i have to write it up. shouldnt take long, but when would be optimal? asap? if so, ill do it tomorrow.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I'm planning to have to site up in 2 weeks, but I will still want tuts after that time
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

Prophet][ wrote:I'm planning to have to site up in 2 weeks, but I will still want tuts after that time
awesome. i was hopin i could take my time. ill get it to ya when its done.
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

I'm willing to give ya all my tuts. I only ask for credit by the tutorials name. All the pic downloading and stuff needs to be handled by you though. You can't hotlink to tripod.
http://djk2yk3.tripod.com
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

yea thats cool, their plenty of space on DCemu :D . I was accually gonna contect you riva cos you got some good mod tuts on your site.
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

in terms of the NES controller mod, you should include the picture riva16 made, and maybe re-write it a bit. There are two tutorials for it that I know of. The one listed on the dcemu page showed how it could be done with the official controller but required you to scrape away parts of the controller board, but riva's image showed that you could just place the wires into some particular holes. I hope I'm making some sense.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

yes, you are making sense and I will be now including both on the site
riva16
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by riva16 »

I could help write that... What I did was the same almost. I wanna look into a way to actually solder though. My way, you had to get the wire int he small SMALL hole, and glue into place. When I get my new DC, i will try again on the new controller.
Why doesn't HTML work anymore on this damn forum!? God!