Fu**

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Fu**

Post by MulletMan13 »

I sold three things on ebay... but this is what I did...

Object A went to Person B....
Object B went to person C....
Object C went to person A.....

... I dont know what the hell to do... be an asshole about it and give them all the right addresses, or refund money through paypal... *shrugs*
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

You could apologize and cover postage costs for the packages and have them send the packages to the other addresses.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

The main reason why I'd never use Ebay. I've been screwed by sellers like yourself one too many times.
In this case, the customer is ALWAYS right when using ebay. It's sellers like Videogames.org and other morons who've ruined ebay for people like myself.

I bought something from this pr*ck named videogames.org (seller's username), included an item number, an email and sent my money. 2 months later, and I'm still screwed.

You should apologize. And I don't mean a weak apology. Tell them just how much you screwed up.
Also, this should be a lesson for you.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

DC's Champion wrote:The main reason why I'd never use Ebay. I've been screwed by sellers like yourself one too many times.
In this case, the customer is ALWAYS right when using ebay. It's sellers like Videogames.org and other morons who've ruined ebay for people like myself.

I bought something from this pr*ck named videogames.org (seller's username), included an item number, an email and sent my money. 2 months later, and I'm still screwed.

You should apologize. And I don't mean a weak apology. Tell them just how much you screwed up.
Also, this should be a lesson for you.
STFU. He made an honest mistake.

I'd contact the buyers right away and explain what happened. Then I'd offer a refund and cover postage for them to ship the item back. Then if you get all three items back, either relist them and be more careful or offer to resell the items to the original buyers at a discount.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

And mistakes like this cost dearly. You ever use ebay? Let a mistake like this happen to you and see how pissed you'd be.

So you STFU.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Re: Fu**

Post by Veggita2099 »

MulletMan13 wrote:I sold three things on ebay... but this is what I did...

... I dont know what the hell to do... be an asshole about it and give them all the right addresses, or refund money through paypal... *shrugs*
I had this happen to me once when I bought a item. The person ended up screwing us all over and we filed fraud complaints against them and they got banned.

In your case obviously you need to appologize. Depending on the value of these items you could either:

1. Offer them a refund and let them keep the items. If you sold them 5 or 6 dollar items that might be your best bet since paying to have them shipped back to you, then shipped out to another person will probably cost more.

2. Offer to pay the postage to have them mailed back to you, then send the correct items to each bidders. If the items are really heavy, but not expensive this wouldn't be a very feasable option.

3. This would be very risky on your part, but offer them the cost of shipping and then a bit extra for there trouble. Then have them send the items to the proper people. Problem is you will have little protection on your part and it would be easy for them to say they didn't get it, or for them to just not mail it. In either of those cases you would be held 100% responsible.

Depending what type of bidders they were you might be able to talk them into paying to mail it back to you, but more then likely your going to insult them by asking, after all it is not there fault.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

DC's Champion wrote:And mistakes like this cost dearly. You ever use ebay? Let a mistake like this happen to you and see how pissed you'd be.

So you STFU.
first of all, i realize that you may be pissed, but how can one mistake make you shun the vast amount of good business that takes place on ebay? i use ebay. nothing bad ever happened to me. you just pulled the short straw once or twice.

secondly, i wouldnt talk to my boy Roof that way. might get ya into a whirldwind of she-i-it.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

The biggest problem i would see is if one of them just goes like haha and keeps whatever it is if its more expensive than the other thing they bought.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Re: Fu**

Post by toastman »

MulletMan13 wrote:I sold three things on ebay... but this is what I did...

Apologize. Then explain the situation to them. Then offer to pay for either shipping back to you so you can ship them properly, or pay to have them ship the packages off themselves. I'd go with the former just so you can be sure that the packages do go where they should.
No signature.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Yeah. Everybody makes a goof once in a while, so the best thing to do is contact each of them, appologize, and offer to pay them to ship it back to you. The only thing I'd be worried about is that somebody might decide to keep what they got, in which case the person it was supposed to go to will be SOL.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

Ask them to write

RETURN TO SENDER on box (free postage back ;) )

i accidently did that once and the people were fairly reasonable about it

i took off the shipping price entirely and they both put return to seller on the package and i shipped them right back out and the had it 2 days later
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

DC's Champion wrote:The main reason why I'd never use Ebay. I've been screwed by sellers like yourself one too many times.
how is he screwing them???

basiclly hes offering a refund or something to make up for his mistake...

as long as he acts quick there shouldn't be too much of a problem

as a seller i try to be most fair when it comes to my auctions.. and when its truely my fault i'll try to make it right... usually people can be understanding just make it clear your trying to get their package to them as soon as possible.
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Sir Slash wrote:Ask them to write

RETURN TO SENDER on box (free postage back ;) )
Yea that works to and it is a good idea.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

DC's Champion wrote:And mistakes like this cost dearly. You ever use ebay? Let a mistake like this happen to you and see how pissed you'd be.

So you STFU.
wow, you're gonna be here for a long time... :roll:
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

People occasionally make mistakes, it's usually no big deal. Here's a not so short overview of some things that went wrong with my eBay purchases:

* Bought CDI machine, but the PSU was missing. After contacting the seller the PSU was sent out promptly.

* Bought Mega CD-2 with wrong PSU. It came with a Jaguar PSU (and a UK one at that). PSU's were exchanged by mail.

* Bought advertised-as-broken Amiga 500+A590. A590 was missing. After contacting seller he dropped it off personally. (And it turned out that the only thing that was broken was the 15 year old harddisk, preventing the A500 from booting).

* Bought Rayman for Atari Jaguar. The box and manual were indeed for Rayman, but the cartridge was Tempest 2000. After contacting seller money was refunded and I could keep the game.

* Bought new Shenmue. Both cd cases were severely damaged. I don't usually make a fuss about that (those boxes break very easily), but as Shenmue was quite expensive I contacted the seller about it. Two new boxes were sent out promptly.

The only really bad experience:
* Bought zipdrive. After paying money I waited two weeks for the item, but I didn't receive it. Seller would not reply to emails. I finally found out what his ICQ account was and tried to contact him through that. I talked to his girlfriend who said she'd get him to send it asap. I received the item quickly after that, but all in all it took almost 2 months to get the item.

As you can see all these problems were ultimately resolved. It's always best to stay calm in these situations. In 90% of the cases where something does go wrong, it's an honest mistake that can be worked out satisfactory for both parties.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I sold my copy of Tony Hawks 4, and sent it off.

2 Days later I got an email, "Game arrived in excellent condition, well, the case and manual did, wheres the game?"

It was only in my cd wallet! So I apologised, put it in a blank dvd case, and sent it out at no extra charge.

Did I get a postive rating? Yep. Good customer service you see. Nobody minds a problem if its rectified without any hassle.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

And you better make sure you never screw another buyer on ebay again!

This subject pisses me off big time. You'll excuse me...I am not a fan of ebay or it's sh*t services that so many have faith in.

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DC's Champion wrote:And you better make sure you never screw another buyer on ebay again!

This subject pisses me off big time. You'll excuse me...I am not a fan of ebay or it's sh*t services that so many have faith in.
Youre not a fan of anything, except Dreamcast.

I have had no problems with ebay ever. Ive probadly made around 100 transactions, and never had a single problem with any of them. Ive got 100% feedback rating, and have never had to leave a negative or neutral. I save money, my goods arrive on time, and I can get rare items, as well as my favourite pastime: importing anime.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

You're wrong to assume that I am a Dreamcast fan.
The Dreamcast angers me as well. As if it's not bad enough that Sega has a sh*t lineup of crap games like a new and improved Altered Beast...I now have to live with this sh*t white box knowing that it's dead...because of f*ckups at Sega!
People like yourself could've saved the Dreamcast...so I'm somewhat ok with Sega.

You may not have a problem with Ebay now...but you just wait until a seller f*cks you over and not deliver your g*ddamned item you waited for and hoped for.

Do you realize that I never got an item delivered to me? Do you realize that this item cost me over 60 dollars...and you still trust a sh*t foundation like Ebay?

I know you're not serious. You are a liar and a person with bland sense of humor. :roll:

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DC's Champion wrote:You're wrong to assume that I am a Dreamcast fan.
I didnt assume it, I read your sig.
DC's Champion wrote:The Dreamcast angers me as well. As if it's not bad enough that Sega has a sh*t lineup of crap games like a new and improved Altered Beast...I now have to live with this sh*t white box knowing that it's dead...because of f*ckups at Sega!
If you dont like the Dreamcast, why do you have one? Why are you here? And I honestly dont care what you think of Sega, Ive heard it all before from other fanboys, who always like to thing things couldve been different. Its getting boring now.

DC's Champion wrote:People like yourself could've saved the Dreamcast...so I'm somewhat ok with Sega.
I dont see how I couldve saved the Dreamcast. Last time I checked I dont work for SEGA, Im not a famous games journalist, and in know way represent the majority of gamers, because for a start, Im not really a gamer.
DC's Champion wrote:You may not have a problem with Ebay now...but you just wait until a seller f*cks you over and not deliver your g*ddamned item you waited for and hoped for.
I have been using ebay for over 3 years, and have never had an item not delivered. I check sellers ratings and use reputable sellers, I am also a reputable seller myself. If you check feedback often, and make sure you are aware of sellers policies, you should never have problems.
DC's Champion wrote:Do you realize that I never got an item delivered to me? Do you realize that this item cost me over 60 dollars...and you still trust a sh*t foundation like Ebay?
Poor you. You are in the minority. And yes I do still trust ebay. It isnt ebays fault the seller ripped you off, its the seller who is the untrustworthy one. I also dont base my opinions on your flaming, insulting, swear-ridden posts, because theyre all aload of bollocks and make you sound like a whiney little kid, which is probably what you are.
DC's Champion wrote:I know you're not serious. You are a liar and a person with bland sense of humor. :roll:
Harsh words.
I make one post and Im a liar?
Im not serious?
You think I lie about the fact I like ebay?

Fine...whatever...

http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI ... k&items=25