Ever seen a ghost?

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by FETUS »

lunch thats just a piece of dust on your lens
but this one time I was in a hottub with 15 naked women and I forget the rest there might be a ghost?
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

Know what's so funny about people that believe in Ghosts and take these "pics"?

The fact that they're bold enough to even take the pic without running away. Think about it. If you seen a zombie, you're not going to stand in one spot...that's like painting a target on your head or at least like writing "bite here" on your forehead in marker.

Orbs can be anything from an insect to special effects.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
Egotistical EvilN
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Egotistical EvilN »

I was seriously interested in using a ouija board, but I dunno. I have mixed feelings as to what could happen. On one hand, nothing could happen (this is what a good percentage of people have said). But on the other hand many people have said extremely bad experiences have come about as of using a ouija board.
You'll be fine if you cast a circle before you use it.

Also, hallucinations can happen because of your mind's state.Ever hear of DMT? Its a chemical produced by your brain thats the world's most powerful hallucigen.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/dmt/dmt.shtml

Also, most of the time, when you take a "ghost" photo, you won't see what's there.It will show up later when the film is developed.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

FETUS wrote:lunch thats just a piece of dust on your lens
no its not. I took 2 pictures before that one and 2 afterwards, all in about 2-3 minutes and the other ones didn't have an orb/"dust". Plus I keep my lens clean
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

You'll be fine if you cast a circle before you use it.
Yeah I've read that. And by lighting certain coloured candles. But DEFINATELY NOT black. So I dunno, if I can find some people brave enough to do it, I might :wink:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Heh...I can remember being *totally* convinced in the existence of ghosts as a kid; one time when I was five, my dad decided to show me "Poltergeist." Every night for a month after that, I would string all my belts together and strap myself to the bed at night because I didn't want to get sucked into the closet while I was sleeping :-P.

(Of course, I've always been a logic-and-critical-thinking heavy person mentally, so it wasn't too long before these convictions fell by the wayside; I won't say these supernatural phenomena don't exist, because I don't know...but I'd need something pretty concrete to convince me. I still find the supernatural--ghosts, ghouls, demons, and other aspects such as psychic phenomena and telekinesis fascinating, though. My problem is that I also have a highly active imagination, and even if I "know" something such as a zombie or a vampire doesn't exist, I can still get freaked out if I ponder over it too much...especially in the middle of the night or by myself. Stupid overactive brain ;-)).

As far as those image speckles, I get those fairly frequently with my digicam, especially when the light levels in an area aren't uniform. They'll actually teach you how to help avoid those in many photography classes. That's not to say there aren't some unusual or hard-to-understand pictures out there, but those specks are usually caused either by dust passing by your lens (there's dust everywhere all the time, but due to its fine nature you can generally only see it when it's really thick or the light hits it just right), or by some errant rays of light that you just happened to catch at the right angle--say, a stray reflection from a TV screen or picture frame. There's also the very real possibility that it was an imperfection in the film, or (even more likely) a small bubble in the development or fixer fluid used to process the film.

And the Ouija board: I've tried them, a couple of times. My first girlfriend and I bought one for fun during an outing with fhowevermany years ago...I think she still has it, though I haven't talked to her since about 2001. I really wanted it to be neat; like I said, I'm intrigued by those kinds of things. But it was a total bust: one time somebody was cheating (guy couldn't keep a straight face about it either), and the other nothing happened. At all. It just kinda sat there not moving, except for in occasional unguided, sporadic shifts of a couple centimeters caused by one person or another's involuntary muscle contractions.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

Well said, Fiddler.
I couldn't of said it better myself.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Some local 'ghost' stories, never seen any of these 'ghosts'
Haunted college didnt even know this un till today
Your dog aint even safe from torment!
Nantwich ? Cheshire - The Lamb Hotel
The ghost of a man who used to own the hotel haunts the (now closed) Lamb Hotel. The man when alive gave the hotel to his wife, Claire who he had recently found out was having an affair. After signing the deeds over to her he took a shotgun and killed himself. There is a dedication plaque for him in the reception. The bells in the kitchen ring late at night when the kitchen is empty.
been in that place and twere nowt in there but me and other people
Scroll down to the Red Cow bit note I never saw or felt anythin in there except drunk
Theatre ghosts I aint seen em & my sister who spent some time workin there never saw em either
a hotel they got a webcam active between 11pm & 5am for ghost spottin
Theres also a tale of a pub not far off thats said to be haunted by 2 kids that drowned in a pool out back years back, couldnt find the story online though
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

whether you believe in ghosts or not, look at this:

ok, theres a huge hospital complex called utmb (university of texas medical branch) in my hometown, galveston island, tx. on the back of one of the buildings is a man's face. there's many stories on how it got there, but no one really knows. take a look:

that face has been sandblasted off hundreds of times, only to come right back in other spots while stayin exactly the same. you can see where they sandblasted. these pictures are also 100% real. they have not been doctored in any way. i have been right underneath that thing and it is awfully real. what yall think?
ninja
DCEmu's own ninja
DCEmu's own ninja

Post by ninja »

are those pictures you took? if so, could you get one that is a straight view of it? it looks real, but if you look next to it on the left in the last 2 pictures, you can also make out another face.
Delete my posting account.

Thanks.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

what yall think?
Interesting...

Would be good if you could get more pics plz :mrgreen:

Is this documented on a site somewhere too?

DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

It's actually been shown scientifically that humans are physiologically predisposed to seeing "faces" even when there aren't any; for identification purposes, there's actually a fairly large region of our brains dedicated primarily to geometric analyzation of facial structure. If we had to rely on our "core brainpower," we'd never be able to tell each other apart.

As a result of that, this sometimes backfires on us by showing us faces where there aren't any (common examples are "manifestations of the Virgin Mary" and the "Face of Mars"). There was a pretty major psychological study performed on this a few years back...Google it and I'm sure you can find better details.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

If you can see a ghost a camera should be able to record them, thousands of so called sightings but not one convinceing video....Oh yea thats right thats explained by the ghose erasing it's image on the video. It's people paranoya, imaginations, and mis interpatations that lead to these ghost sightings, many times i thought i have seen something but it ends up to be an optical illusion caused by various things. The more you believe in ghosts the more likely something that is nothing will be more easily for you to bend as a ghost sighting.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Holy Shit: Man Has Feces Shaped Like Virgin Mary
Local man Hector Torres has claimed that the Virgin Mary has visited and blessed him in the form of feces in his toilet.

"I was taking a dump," said Torres. "And I look down into the bowl and there was this turd shaped exactly like the Virgin Mary. So I call my wife Maria into the bathroom, you know, and I'm like 'Look in the bowl' and she said 'I don't want to look at your shit! What are you? Some sort of weirdo!' and I'm like 'No, look at that turd. It looks just like the Virgin Mary' and she squints down into the bowl and says 'Dios Mio! It's a miracle!'"

Many people are now trekking to the Torres household to view the blessed turd. Last weekend, lines went out the front door as people clamored for a glimpse.

"I think Our Holy Mother is speaking to us through Hector's shit," said Maria Torres. "It's like she is saying to us, 'Even though you are dumped on, keep believing.' We are truly blessed!"

Hector's brother, Miguel, who also lives there with his wife and two kids, is tired of the attention. "The whole house smells like Tijuana, man. I can't sleep at night. We can't take baths or brush our teeth because we start gagging."

Hector's other brother, Pablo, who also lives there with his wife and three kids, said, "I'm tired of going down to the gas station to use the bathroom. This house only has one bathroom. What happens if I get the runs? Do I use a bucket or something? Should I go on the rug like the dog? And don't get me started about all the people. What happened to our privacy? I miss my... quiet time." He paused, wiped a tear from his eye and then added, "I may go to Hell, but if Hector don't flush that thing soon, I'm going to flush it myself!"
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

:roll:

az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

law56ker wrote:Holy poop: Man Has Feces Shaped Like Virgin Mary
Local man Hector Torres has claimed that the Virgin Mary has visited and blessed him in the form of feces in his toilet.

"I was taking a dump," said Torres. "And I look down into the bowl and there was this turd shaped exactly like the Virgin Mary. So I call my wife Maria into the bathroom, you know, and I'm like 'Look in the bowl' and she said 'I don't want to look at your poop! What are you? Some sort of weirdo!' and I'm like 'No, look at that turd. It looks just like the Virgin Mary' and she squints down into the bowl and says 'Dios Mio! It's a miracle!'"

Many people are now trekking to the Torres household to view the blessed turd. Last weekend, lines went out the front door as people clamored for a glimpse.

"I think Our Holy Mother is speaking to us through Hector's poop," said Maria Torres. "It's like she is saying to us, 'Even though you are dumped on, keep believing.' We are truly blessed!"

Hector's brother, Miguel, who also lives there with his wife and two kids, is tired of the attention. "The whole house smells like Tijuana, man. I can't sleep at night. We can't take baths or brush our teeth because we start gagging."

Hector's other brother, Pablo, who also lives there with his wife and three kids, said, "I'm tired of going down to the gas station to use the bathroom. This house only has one bathroom. What happens if I get the runs? Do I use a bucket or something? Should I go on the rug like the dog? And don't get me started about all the people. What happened to our privacy? I miss my... quiet time." He paused, wiped a tear from his eye and then added, "I may go to Hell, but if Hector don't flush that thing soon, I'm going to flush it myself!"
:lol:
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

Mikey1109 wrote:whether you believe in ghosts or not, look at this:

ok, theres a huge hospital complex called utmb (university of texas medical branch) in my hometown, galveston island, tx. on the back of one of the buildings is a man's face. there's many stories on how it got there, but no one really knows. take a look:

that face has been sandblasted off hundreds of times, only to come right back in other spots while stayin exactly the same. you can see where they sandblasted. these pictures are also 100% real. they have not been doctored in any way. i have been right underneath that thing and it is awfully real. what yall think?
OMG! quick check mars, either the face is on holiday or its got a brother we need to tell it about :lol: might be better if the face was on differant bits of the building in some of the pics as well
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

no, unfortunately, i dont have any more pics. i jacked these from a guy off the internet. and i dont live in galveston anymore. and if i did, the "face" is such a phenomenon now, youll get in trouble for trespassing if you go to see it (the time or two i went, we snuck in thru a whole in the fence). as for being documented, they have a thing on the houston news every year around halloween, iirc. as for a link, the only link i could find on it was broken. its a kind of galvestonian legend, so i didnt expect to find much info on it. sorry.

as for ghostly happenings being proven thru science, of course. a reason for everything can be explained thru science, especially since people **are looking for reasons**. its like those hidden bible messages. the people who wrote the bible didnt predict anything. people who were looking for that kinda stuff just found them. and most people would believe the scientific proof that ghosts arent real just because we give scientists a huge amount of respect for knowing lots of stuff. plus, they explain it how no one understands, so it seems true. i think a lot of real stuff happens, but is put off as "science" in order to avoid having to totally make people change the way they think. its like the kennewick man. his fossils show evidence that caucasian people were also in america long ago. however, the case was tucked away, cuz the whole notion of ancient america would be destroyed. whatever, i believe. some people dont. i hate debating. lets all just give up, ok? 8-)
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

To quote and old commercial:

Some times you feel like a Image, sometimes you Image.

J/k no offense intended.

I for one don't believe in ghosts, however, that doesn't mean I can't respect the fact that you believe in them.... Just don't try to convince me they are real, stories are just that... stories. Unless a non-believer experiences it for themself, more than likely they won't believe plain and simple. No point in arguing/debating about it, that's like debating whether or not Aliens exist (I for one believe in aliens, if you don't good for you). Those are kinda cool pics though mikey.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

eww, i hate both of those candy bars.
DaMadFiddler wrote:It's actually been shown scientifically that humans are physiologically predisposed to seeing "faces" even when there aren't any; for identification purposes, there's actually a fairly large region of our brains dedicated primarily to geometric analyzation of facial structure. If we had to rely on our "core brainpower," we'd never be able to tell each other apart.

As a result of that, this sometimes backfires on us by showing us faces where there aren't any (common examples are "manifestations of the Virgin Mary" and the "Face of Mars"). There was a pretty major psychological study performed on this a few years back...Google it and I'm sure you can find better details.
thats explains why it appears to be a face, but that doesnt explain why the same exact face comes back after its been sand-blasted.