I hate kids.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The OK Pope »

At least you can find a job, by the time I've been finding out about job opportunities and turned in applications, all the positions have been filled.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

And you are rude, Toastman.
You know nothing about me, so why don't you go butt off.

DeGamer, I can't begin to tell you how right you are. It's people like you that I can relate to.

Customers are idiots.
Customers aren't always right.
And their children are spawns of satan.

I can't count how many times I've yelled at customers when I worked at Rite-Aid.

Genius...total genius.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

DC's Champion wrote: Customers are idiots.
Customers aren't always right.
And their children are spawns of satan.

I can't count how many times I've yelled at customers when I worked at Rite-Aid.
And it's everyone's fault but yours, right? Yelling at customers is an excellent way to get fired.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yea I know what you mean. ITs not just kids, adults do the same thing at grocery stores, fast food places, department stores, etc. I worked at a local store for awhile and peopel always came in and picked stuff up, then they put it somewhere else in the store cause they don't want it. Hate to think how many gallons of milk, pounds of meat, etc we had to toss out cause morons would pick them up, then just set them anywhere.

Really can't blame the kids, a child is only as good as there parent. Too many parents let there kids run wild saying "There just kids let them have fun." They don't have enough sense to see how they make other people's lives miserable cause of there stupidity. Then you have the classic "You get paid to clean up after us!" people. Yea the fact your making minimum wage (or close to it) automatically makes it ok for people to just be downright stupid and make a mess everywhere they go. There used to be this women who came to Burger King when I worked there. She would come in with a wagon and she had 3 or 4 kids with her. They would all get chicken tender happy meals, and of course there various sauces. By the time they left they had the walls, booths, and table covered in various sauces, ketchup, musturd. They would leave dirty wrapers, napkins, etc all over the place, and it was absolutely discusting! She did that 3 times that I can recall in the short time I worked there. I told the manager, but as you can expect they didn't care since they didn't have to clean it up.

Sometimes makes you wonder if humans are are the superior race when it comes to intelligents.

"EDIT"

Oh yea and to all the people who say this crap about you need messy people to keep your job, your full of crap. Its not like your ONLY job is to clean up after people (at least in the jobs discussed in this thread). Instead of them fireing you for lack of work, you could actually attend to other things, instead of devoteing your time to slobs. At the grocery store I could have been baging more groceries, stocking more products, getting more shopping carts, etc if I hadn't had to put stuff back that stupid people left out. At Burger King I could have been helping the kitchen crew, doing maintainace cleaning (which hardly ever got done thanks to slobs), etc. Or, heaven forbid this, a person could actually get them a 5 minute break to stand around and do nothing.

I now work for the Railroad, and one of the few good things I can say about it is simply I don't gotta deal with stupid people. I just gotta work with 1 other person and get the train up the road. No dealing with whiney assed customers bitching about stupid stuff, no cleaning up after peckerwoods, and no dealing with messy assed people.
Last edited by Veggita2099 on Sat May 08, 2004 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

Veggita2099 wrote:Yea I know what you mean. ITs not just kids, adults do the same thing at grocery stores, fast food places, department stores, etc. I worked at a local store for awhile and peopel always came in and picked stuff up, then they put it somewhere else in the store cause they don't want it. Hate to think how many gallons of milk, pounds of meat, etc we had to toss out cause morons would pick them up, then just set them anywhere.

Really can't blame the kids, a child is only as good as there parent. Too many parents let there kids run wild saying "There just kids let them have fun." They don't have enough sense to see how they make other people's lives miserable cause of there stupidity. Then you have the classic "You get paid to clean up after us!" people. Yea the fact your making minimum wage (or close to it) automatically makes it ok for people to just be downright stupid and make a mess everywhere they go. There used to be this women who came to Burger King when I worked there. She would come in with a wagon and she had 3 or 4 kids with her. They would all get chicken tender happy meals, and of course there various sauces. By the time they left they had the walls, booths, and table covered in various sauces, ketchup, musturd. They would leave dirty wrapers, napkins, etc all over the place, and it was absolutely discusting! She did that 3 times that I can recall in the short time I worked there. I told the manager, but as you can expect they didn't care since they didn't have to clean it up.

Sometimes makes you wonder if humans are are the superior race when it comes to intelligents.

Thank you, Veggita.
It's obvious that Roofus isn't a hard worker nor does he have experience with situations like these.
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The OK Pope
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by The OK Pope »

DC's Champion wrote: Thank you, Veggita.
It's obvious that Roofus isn't a hard worker nor does he have experience with situations like these.
Not necessarily, all he said is that yelling at customers is a good way to get fired, and you will find that not too many customers enjoy being yelled at. It wasn't a personal assault.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Yea yelling at customers won't work. As much as I wanted to, I never did yell or make dirty faces at them. I just got pissed and bitched and moaned about it all the time, and eventually got to the point I couldn't take it and quit.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

True...I worked at a movie theater before moving to Santa Cruz, and it was absurd how disgustingly sloppy people were. But it's part of your job to clean it up, and part of a customer-service job such as being a theater lackey or a store clerk IS to make the customer feel welcome, even if you don't feel he/she deserves it. It's part of what they're paying you for.

It's not necessarily that people are disagreeing with how irritating these situations are, Champion, it's the fact that you seem to cop such an attitude about it. We all have to deal with this stuff. And you were an obnoxious kid once upon a time, too. But yelling at customers and griping about how your job isn't cushy is a good way to get fired; as I said before, PART OF WHAT THOSE JOBS PAY YOU FOR IS TO TAKE PEOPLE'S CRAP. That's why most people try to get out of those jobs as soon as something better opens up, but it's jsut a fact of life.

And I'm not saying it's intentional, but from what I've seen of your posts so far, you do have a fairly argumentative nature. You may not even be aware of it. But you take offense quickly, jump to conclusions, yell and whine quite a bit, and then don't understand why all these "jerks" don't like you.

Just keep in mind that text is a hard format to communicate through; you lose tone of voice, inflection, and body language--which are all important parts of conversing. Just try being a little patient with people, and trying to work through things as a misunderstanding or something that can be resolved rather than a direct assault, and I think you'll find that you get on a lot better with more people...both here and in general. This isn't an attack or a flame; it's just meant to be a bit of constructive criticism, since you seem to be having trouble with people here.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I work in a supermarket and I do hate kids too. The hating of kids and the supermarket aren't related. Just 2 facts about me ;)

BUT, I hate when a kid comes in and makes a mess everywhere. Coz while I'm trying to do what I have to do, I have to also clean up that little sh*ts mess!

I had this woman and her kid come into the isle I was working in yesterday and the kid just wouldn't shut up! Was crying so loud and so much. I felt like telling the woman to shut the little sh*t up!

Then I had a call for a price check so I got out of the isle :D

But I do hate kids and have no plans to have them when I'm older. I just don't want them. Simple as that. Don't like them, don't want them and see no need to have them :o
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

I don't really have a problem with kids. I used to umpire for little league games and it was the parents that were the annoying ones!
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

DC's Champion wrote:And you are rude, Toastman.
You know nothing about me, so why don't you go butt off.
I know that you are an asshole.
No signature.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

DC's Champion wrote:And you are rude, Toastman.
:scratch:
Um, where do you get off calling somebody else rude?
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

And this topic is still open why?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Um, because I don't have mod powers in OT?
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Because the OT mods, megamods and admins are asleep?
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

Roofus for megamod! We need a mod who is awake when the rest of the sane world is sleeping.
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Bowser wrote:Roofus for megamod! We need a mod who is awake when the rest of the sane world is sleeping.
The rest of the sane world is sleeping? Who said Roofus was sane? :wink:
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by DC's Champion »

DaMadFiddler wrote:True...I worked at a movie theater before moving to Santa Cruz, and it was absurd how disgustingly sloppy people were. But it's part of your job to clean it up, and part of a customer-service job such as being a theater lackey or a store clerk IS to make the customer feel welcome, even if you don't feel he/she deserves it. It's part of what they're paying you for.

It's not necessarily that people are disagreeing with how irritating these situations are, Champion, it's the fact that you seem to cop such an attitude about it. We all have to deal with this stuff. And you were an obnoxious kid once upon a time, too. But yelling at customers and griping about how your job isn't cushy is a good way to get fired; as I said before, PART OF WHAT THOSE JOBS PAY YOU FOR IS TO TAKE PEOPLE'S CRAP. That's why most people try to get out of those jobs as soon as something better opens up, but it's jsut a fact of life.

And I'm not saying it's intentional, but from what I've seen of your posts so far, you do have a fairly argumentative nature. You may not even be aware of it. But you take offense quickly, jump to conclusions, yell and whine quite a bit, and then don't understand why all these "jerks" don't like you.

Just keep in mind that text is a hard format to communicate through; you lose tone of voice, inflection, and body language--which are all important parts of conversing. Just try being a little patient with people, and trying to work through things as a misunderstanding or something that can be resolved rather than a direct assault, and I think you'll find that you get on a lot better with more people...both here and in general. This isn't an attack or a flame; it's just meant to be a bit of constructive criticism, since you seem to be having trouble with people here.

I have no problem with constructive criticism, but I do have a problem with being insulted everytime I say "boo".
On one hand, there's great people like yourself, DeGamer and others who let well enough alone, and then there's people who love to pester me.

I admit that at times I can be an a total asshole. I can't even get a girlfriend because most "chicks" think I'm a little too "assertive", inquisitive and easily jealous of their friends. (Once, I punched my girlfriend's best friend because he hugged her)
Still, the reason people here like insulting me is because I didn't like something... ( an extremely old-school game) not because of my pi$$y attitude.

Thanks a lot for the kind words though. :twisted: