What do you think about this?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
DC's Champion
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DC's Champion »

I don't know why a new console is so doubtful. It could happen. Though I'm sure backwards compatibility with the Saturn and Sega CD would be appealing to a large crowd...that would be Sega's main focus...that along with "SEGA EXCLUSIVE" titles.
The only reason I doubt it is because Sega has an annoying habit to keep cancelling so many good things. (Sonic Extreme, Sonic Crackers and so many other games..it pisses me off just thinking about it)

I'm not sure what will be announced at E3...and I won't get my hopes up high because it could be something really stupid. :roll:
"Amiga, NES, SMS and all other retro consoles should be burned, spat on, stomped and forgotten. The future lies within a 3-dimensional realm...not simplistic cutout sprites."- Dc's Champion.

The only REAL hardcore Sega fan on the entire globe.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

MetaFox wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:Um... I have to ask what have they done that is "so close" with Nintendo?
F-Zero AC and F-Zero GC were jointly developed by Sega's Amusement Vision and Nintendo's EAD.
Just because they help develop ONE game for the arcade and home system is hardly something I'd consider "working so closely with another company". Sammy on the other hand has the Atomiswave which is a slightly beefed up DC made for the arcade, now I'd consider making a system more of a close relationship then one game... even if it is basically a "rehash".

All I have to say is if they do make a new system let's get more of the damn money maker franchises in there!!!! Shining Force, Streets of Rage, Nights, I mean comeon.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Shining Force, Streets of Rage, Nights, I mean comeon.
Never played S Force or Nights, but I would definately get in on that. There has been so much I missed out on with the Saturn, I should look into ebay. :D

I will say I do have a saturn, so it looks like I should do a buy up of saturn games. And I probably wouldn't be able to say this, but I also have that hacked giri giri, and so far it works pretty good.

I am late getting into saturn, although I always wanted one. Now I just gotta get the games. :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

Skynet wrote:
Shining Force, Streets of Rage, Nights, I mean comeon.
Never played S Force or Nights
If you got the Smash Pack for DC it has Shining Force 1 on it. It's a turn-based Strategy RPG and my all time favorite RPG series, heck make that Game series. I still think the idea/gameplay behind PSO would've been better as a Shining Force game.

I actually bought my Saturn a week after my DC. They were just to costly when they came out, and I could never find a used one, infact the one I bought was the first time I saw one used. Still gotta get Panzer Dragoon Saga someday, maybe after I win the lottery :D
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

After I made that post I checked out ebay and saw nights + controller for AU$29. The next bid would be $30.50 or something like that. It has about a day or so on it, I'll check it out in 24hrs and see how it's going. So far only 1 bid :D So I might put a bid on it tomorrow.

Plus it will cost $10 in shipping, so I'm hopin to get it for DEFINATELY no more than $50. If I don't get it, I'll check out the local game stores and pawn shops. Nights will one day be mine! :D
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

Lord_Ball wrote:Um... I have to ask what have they done that is "so close" with Nintendo?
I'm sorry! I knew I shouldn't have said anything... I haven't been watching the gaming world as closely as others, so I probably should've commented out my comments with such a disclaimer beforehand... :oops:

I was only thinking about how they worked together along with Namco on the "Triforce," and how they made a big deal about Sonic moving into Nintendo headquarters (posing for a picture with Mario and everything), and how they've developed a couple of games for Nintendo hardware... But, they've published just as many for Microsoft, so, I really have no idea. Sorry about that...
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

OK I was just kind of wondering if maybe there was something I hadn't heard (entirely possible :wink: )
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Amiga 2k5! :o