yey , i found it again after 2 years , but what now

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Fatboy11
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

yey , i found it again after 2 years , but what now

Post by Fatboy11 »

I have found my old dreamcast microphone , what came with planetweb , Now , do any of you cleaver ppl her know of any way i can put it to use ? i think there is summint on planetweb , but not sure ,and a few games that use it but i dont know what they are?

any help would be appriceated
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Segata Sanshiro »

Seaman
Fatboy11
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Fatboy11 »

ok , ill look into that (assuming its a game , and not a dirty comment :lol: )

edit: cool , a voice recognising fish , i gotta have it I GOTTA HAVE IT!!
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

The game is actually VERY bizarre!! The little dude (Seaman) understands about 30% of everything you say (or maybe my english is very bad :P ), but its a smartass and you'll witness the craziest and most interesting conversations ever.
Imagine that he was actually hitting on my wife (cause she was feeding him), to the point when he asked her if "is your man in the room?" and if she said yes, then he just changed the subject. It's really crazy!!!!
I highly recommend it!
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

you can add planet ring and alien front online if i remember correctly, though they are not online anymore and i dont think you can use the mic feature offline.
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Yeah, i have Alienfront, but i dont think there can be done anything with the mic now... :( :(
Fatboy11
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Fatboy11 »

Thats some mad s$%T , it does that , Damn , a half man half fish hitting on my g/f LOL and 30% of what you say it understands , Damn , all on the dreamcast too , shows what it wudda been caple of tho.

BTW:i am getting it of ebay , made a deal with a bloke 2 miles from me 10 mins ago LOL. I Love e-commerce
Segata Sanshiro
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Cool, only thing is that you have to be patient at first, cause you have to raise the dude from cell level and evolve him all the way, but after a couple of days you'll be able to speak to him. Anyway everything is in the manual and is well explained at the beginning of every session by Leonard Nemoy himself (well, his voice).

BTW: sometimes when i yell at him he replies "go touch yourself"... and he says to my wife "come on in, the water is nice" :P :P
Wsttrollboy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Wsttrollboy »

Propeller Arena was gonna use it :(
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

If you're lucky enough to catch it in-stock, you can get Seaman at EBGames.com for $5, or as part of their 15 games for $50 promotion for out-of-production systems. They also usually include a mic with the game, so you'd have an extra in case something were to happen.
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

Seaman is great. I imported it because it wasn't released in Europe. I remember that Seaman was somewhat surprised to find out that he wasn't in the US. ;)
TheHumanDreamCast
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by TheHumanDreamCast »

I didn'tlike SeaMan-it took me forever to get ahold of a mic...
I bought a game new and still sealed that came with a mic and a re-sealed copy of SeaMan. I think maybe I was just expecting too much from the game-but after a hundred times of SeaMan saying "What the hell is going on out there"after I got pissedand yelled at him-my girlfriend took my SeaMan (hehe) and got him to talk a little more-but got bored after about a week.

The initial shock of SeaMan was cool-but it just doesn't hold any re-rlay value to me.
"I Love My Sega Dreamcast!"

^___^
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

isnt there a japanese game where you have a creature that battles other creatures and you must give it commands? I think you have to give the commands in japanese though.
Silence is Golden
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

isnt there a japanese game where you have a creature that battles other creatures and you must give it commands? I think you have to give the commands in japanese though.
Silence is Golden
Fatboy11
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Fatboy11 »

yeah , but it does somthing that other games dont , so it would be good for my collection , even if its just good for the shock value , i think its the jap version tho , does anyone know if the jap version has english voice recognition ??

also , i still have planetring , but i havent been able to try it online for ages , since i cancled my phoneline , and got broadband. does anyone know if its still online capable , if it is i might atempt that dc-pc server thing. come to think of it , i think quakeIII is still online , but unsure , if it is i will deffinatly try it
Wsttrollboy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Wsttrollboy »

Planet ring is offline :(
OminaeYu
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by OminaeYu »

This brings back memories of some idiot on irc who wanted to know how to download a microphone to play Seaman )()(
:cowsleep:
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

OminaeYu wrote:This brings back memories of some idiot on irc who wanted to know how to download a microphone to play Seaman )()(
it was you wasn't it ;)
Fatboy11
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Fatboy11 »

:lol: someone really did that , god , they must really be dumb , damn , what is online than ? is it worth getting my dc back online anymore ?
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

More about Seaman...
One time he asked me what I would change about myself. I said I'd like to be taller. He didn't understand that and asked me to repeat. I said, "want to be taller". He still didn't understand and asked me to rephrase. I said, "too short". He gave me a perverted look. :roll: ahem... that wasn't what I meant... and he did that in front of a lady friend who was with me. It was kinda embarrasing. :? I think he set me up. lol

Also, you can use the mic with Planetweb Dreamcall or Dream Passport Premier Dreamcall.

I remember that guy on IRC. He kept coming back and insisting that you could download a DC mic. Ppl were trying to explain to him that it was a physical object and you can't send a physical object electronically... Email me a sandwich. He swore up and down that he downloaded a Genesis so he KNEW it was possible. That guy just wouldn't give up!

-Ex
Tis my sig.