oswanDC...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

oswanDC...

Post by ethoscapade »

what are the chances of ever seeing a new version of this emulator?

the features i would most like to see are:

mapping Y4 to L and Y2 to R
EDIT - oh wait, i just checked the source and apparently the Y-pad is on the analog stick, sorry about that, i was only basing that on the fact that the PC oswan did not map the Y-pad at all.

single-game booting (i.e. rom.wsc)

i can't ask much, but i would really like to sell my own wonderswan and not have a nagging voice in the back of my head telling me to buy FF origins.
Digital Chaos
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Digital Chaos »

I would have to agree, a wonderswan emulator with better sound and saving would be beautiful.

I would sell ethoscapade's soul for a better emu. Hell I'd even sell my younger brothers soul for one.

Edit: I thought about it some more, I'd throw in my dog & cat's souls too.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

so, uh, due to the complete lack of responses (digital chaos doesn't count; i told him i'd give him my WSC if a capable emu for DC ever popped up and i'm pretty sure that's the only reason he posted), i can assume this is never, ever going to happen...

i mean, it's not as if the only good game on the wonderswan is final fantasy one, and i'm really just picky and can't stand playing it on the NES or anything.

not as if that's the case at all.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

What are specific things you want added? just saving and sound right?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

you say that like it's a small feat.

well, actually, i'd imagine saving would be, but sound...well, i don't even know, but it's bound to be harder than implementing saving.

and also the ability to boot right to a rom (i.e., rom.wsc, like nester and sfamicast do).

but that pretty much covers it. i have to say i didn't expect to see anybody capable of doing this respond to this topic, so thanks, quzar.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

i was just wondering if that was it because i was looking for something that i might be able to do lol. i know i can get single boot working, that would be fairly easy, then depending on the state of it, either sound or saving would be next.

ian actually asked me to look at this the other day, but i havnt yet, ill check on it in a bit and report as to what i think i can do.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

ok well, now where is the source to this? i found the source to the PC version which now has better sound. if i can get the source to the DC version, then i will just update it with the newer sound supporting source.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Prolly Ask me Told you i was going to work on it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Hilltopper
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hilltopper »

sounds cool. So you are going to do a little work on Oswan DC quazar. Can't wait to see what comes out of this. Good luck!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

Turns out working source (to ian's version) is missing. it still exists, but it probably will be around 2 weeks or so to get to look at it :( .
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Dreamcast forever!!!
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

How is this emu in its current state? Is it playable? If I'm not wrong, it can't save and has no sound, right?
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

supposedly its good speed. i never actually got to mess with it like i said i wanted too though, so im not sure.
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by karsten »

quzar wrote:i was just wondering if that was it because i was looking for something that i might be able to do lol. i know i can get single boot working, that would be fairly easy, then depending on the state of it, either sound or saving would be next.

ian actually asked me to look at this the other day, but i havnt yet, ill check on it in a bit and report as to what i think i can do.
/me hopes for the best
I'll create a monument to non-existance! -Kefka, FFVI
http://www.auritech.com
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

hehe that was a few months ago. i never got to look at it =X
DCmad
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DCmad »

oswanDC with some gfx filters and PVR DMA sounds like perfect speed with probable sound...
i'd love to see pocket fighter running in this
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

doragasu wrote:How is this emu in its current state? Is it playable? If I'm not wrong, it can't save and has no sound, right?
Update bin on my site runs at fullspeed on final fantasy games. It uses kos framebuffer access i think i could convert it to pvr now.

Saving not that hard ether just the saves are a little big. Sound code is not going to work it's made for kos1.1.7 and does not work right or at all on later builds of kos.

Speed with sound was about 60%.

Very fixeable to fullspeed if people would put the effort in first update bin all i did was underclock it and make it render fullscreen.

Nothing more has been down it by me.
Dreamcast forever!!!
doragasu
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by doragasu »

I have tested it and it's far from fullspeed (with Guilty Gear Petit 2 at least) and has several graphic glitches, but it's good to see fullscreen Wonderswan games in a 28" widescreen TV...
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Only fullspeed on final fantsy games like i said. b/w games are slow.

Final fanstay games it's slighter faster then normal Only on the first bin i did not the update which is not underclocked or has cpu hacks.

Only games fullspeed is them thats it.

Did you get the bin from my site the old one it's fullscreen so easy to know. Authors porters version is not fullscreen.

I will say it again so people dont rush it only final fantsy games are fullspeed nothing else.
Dreamcast forever!!!
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

wow, somebody bumped this. i'm not sure if that improves my chances of it getting worked on, but ... somebody bumped this.

and also, i was only aiming to play final fantasy in the first place. too cheap to buy origins and i can't stand the NES version (note: this is the only game i will ever say that for, don't think for an instant i have any animosity for the NES)... although in retrospect, that's probably a good argument for not bothering to work on this emu.