DCDivx news...

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
mirrorsaw_2000
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DCDivx news...

Post by mirrorsaw_2000 »

gottahavit posted this on the projectmayo forums yesterday...

---

"Good news, I finally got some help from Divx today in resolving our Divx 5.0 compatibility issues. With the next release we will be able to support most Divx 5.0 features. We will fully support all but Quarter Pel, GMC and B-Frames.

We will have partial support for B-Frames in that we will simply not play them, which is actually a very good option for PocketDivx as we will now be able to play much higher bitrate clips if they use B-frames since we it allows us to drop them completely unlike frames in Divx 4.x.
So basically we will be able to play back a 30fps clips at about 20fps very smoothly. Now obviously this also means that if you are making a clip for PocketDivx or DC divx it's still better to encode to the proper specs and to not use b-frames as you will be dropping frames without need, but more clips designed for the desktop will be playable.

For DC Divx this could be a valid reason to take th eperformance hit and remove the resolution limitations."

---

Can't wait. :)
Animeartist
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Animeartist »

Sounds good to me :D

I have some mini cdr's ready just for any new release of the player.
<insert lame signature here>