*sigh* :(

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
EmmPee
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

*sigh* :(

Post by EmmPee »

I really have to say that i do find DreamSNES to be the best of the SNES emulators for DC out there, but ive been trying and exploring every venue to try to get the speed up. Ive tried burning sb'ers with the roms on it (its amazing you can only have like 680 megs worth of roms if you go that route), and nero 6 gave me a coaster trying to make a sb'er (why is this anyway? How come nero 5 works but not 6?)
It hurts my eyes and gives me a headache to see the video stutter every 1/2 second (thats every 2 steps on castlevania for example).
How come there isnt a good emulator for Genesis or SNES and theres a 100% video/sound one for the likes of nes and whatnot? Is it because the carts are bigger for those two consoles and take more processing speed, thus more programming and time to work on?
If a donation would help, id gladly do it to see them work on it and see a nice genesis emulator made as well. Its a shame there isnt a superb one for either console, but im thankful for whats offered already. Sad part is i cant really play either or.
Are there any other emulators for gen/snes that arent listed on dcemulation that might be worth exploring for better quality? It really would be nice..thanks everyone.
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Re: *sigh* :(

Post by Rigor Mortis »

EmmPee wrote:I really have to say that i do find DreamSNES to be the best of the SNES emulators for DC out there, but ive been trying and exploring every venue to try to get the speed up. Ive tried burning sb'ers with the roms on it (its amazing you can only have like 680 megs worth of roms if you go that route), and nero 6 gave me a coaster trying to make a sb'er (why is this anyway? How come nero 5 works but not 6?)
It hurts my eyes and gives me a headache to see the video stutter every 1/2 second (thats every 2 steps on castlevania for example).
How come there isnt a good emulator for Genesis or SNES and theres a 100% video/sound one for the likes of nes and whatnot? Is it because the carts are bigger for those two consoles and take more processing speed, thus more programming and time to work on?
It's not cart size - Genesis and SNES are more powerful consoles than NES or the SMS, therefore it is much more difficult to program an emulator efficient enough to run them at full speed.

As for SNES, Super Famicast is on the way, and scherzo assures us it will eventually reach full speed....
Win95, noun: A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit GUI for an 8 bit OS running on a 4 bit processor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
ethoscapade
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ethoscapade »

there is a good emulator for genesis, but believe me, you won't see it here.

i'm going to get shouted at for this - i'm only mentioning it to prove a point that it is very much possible.