Ayyo Rand! Metal Gear Solid save errors?! Help me out cause

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
RaulMondez
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ayyo Rand! Metal Gear Solid save errors?! Help me out cause mei ling can't

Post by RaulMondez »

i get the bleem cast cd in the mail and I busted out the MGS greatest hits cds. Things were going all gravy train. I got up to revolver and I saved my game, then I saved again later and it said there was an error and my game couldnt be saved. But it llooked like the game was saved anyway even tho it had that error. I tried loading the game and it couldnt load. Now I gotta start over! Whats the dilly?
goodcow
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by goodcow »

I'm having problems too. *sigh* Are you using the Greatest Hits Version? Do you have a BBA in the system? Did you save VR missions data? Just trying to narrow this down...
goodcow
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by goodcow »

Err, yes, you are using the GH version, I glanced over it too fast. And where'd the edit option go? It was here before. *cries*
RaulMondez
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Solutions!

Post by RaulMondez »

i dont have a BBA, im using the GH version but I found a solution! Kinda bootleg but what can you do..

i have 1 vmu, and 2 controllers plugged into slots 1 and 2. whenever i want to save, before i go to mei ling, I switch the vmu out of whatever slot its in into a different slot, and the thing beeps. you can just change the slot in the same controller it doesnt matter as long as its different from the one the vmu was in. then save your game. I've saved like 20 times now probably and i never got an error again! kinda bootleg but i dont mind. I hope this helps
RaulMondez
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

also

Post by RaulMondez »

my bad i forgot the VR missions no i never did no VR missions yet
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

did u format the memory card, i just saved my game like 10min ago, everything works fine :D
RaulMondez
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

yea

Post by RaulMondez »

of course I formatted the memory card I think we need an answer from the guys who made it a.k.a. macho man Rand savage
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

OK, here's my save experience.

I played MGS (GH release) and I saved my game at one point. Worked fine, no problem.

So I saved again later, trying to save over the old save to conserve space and it didn't work. Fudge.

So I tried a new slot. Still no dice. Double fudge.

Then I looked down at the VMU screen and realized that the "!" (saving action) icon was stuck on. So I removed the VMU and re-inserted it. Saved fine.

I relayed this in the old forum and Rand informed me that it was a bad idea to remove the VMU while it was saving. Whether he meant when the game was actively saving or when it was saving at all, I don't know.

I do have a 3rd party jump pack and I had it in at the time - there is some evidence to say that this is what did it. The interference from this non-standard part caused the first save game session to not get closed.

Schnapple