progress on to-11?, dc playa questions.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
spase
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

progress on to-11?, dc playa questions.

Post by spase »

Hi.

Okay so I JUST registered on the board... although I've been messing around with DC Homebrew stuff for a while.

Anyhow.

I was wondering if anyone ever did anything further with the to-11 source.

I know someone was at one point maybe trying to add on the fly disc swapping (i.e. swapping without restarting the DC) and some other features... I was wondering if anything ever came of that?

My other question is if/when dcplaya might get VBR support for MP3. Most of my mp3 collection is VBR encoded, so this is a slight disadvantage....

Thanks in advance.
-spase-
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

i'm pretty sure that the devvers got their hands full with other projects, but hopefully someone can do this to to-11.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
spase
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by spase »

True, but would it be that hard to just add disk swapping?

I thought there was some relatively simple way to do that...
-spase-
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

One line of code and a small Function to wait for the disk to be swaped then rescann the example can be taken right from getto play would be about 10 mins work.. I thought this was being worked on ? any way im sure some one will do it.. may be the author?
Dreamcast forever!!!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Ian Micheal wrote:I thought this was being worked on ? any way im sure some one will do it.. may be the author?
I thought it was, too. Wasn't there a topic about this just a few weeks ago, where the author was talking about updating it?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
spase
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by spase »

hmm I didnt see one... I had a chat with the author yesterday.... he said he would have a look at it when/if he picks up the source again... I am guessing he is probably busy with other things as of late.

Other possibilities he talked about were making the decoder a module, so other modules could be implemented (read: other formats supported).

I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks FLAC, MPC, OGG, and other formats would be a pretty awesome addition to an already awesome player.

On the other issue I raised, I suppose there is no knowledge about plans for VBR support in the DC Playa?
-spase-
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

i contacted the one of the authors of dcplaya a few weeks ago. he said hes working on a new mp3 decoder, but its not top priority now. hes busy with other projects.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
spase
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by spase »

Well thats good news.

I just wish someone would add that disk swap to To-11... I mean it is open source and all...

Not to mention somehow merging the CD playback and the BBA/LAN playback on one disc. That'd be cool too.
-spase-