BBA for sale!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
martinc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

BBA for sale!

Post by martinc »

Hi,

I recently bought a DC over Ebay. To my surprise it had a BBA instead of a modem. I do not have a high speed connection, so I have no use for this. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to advertise here, but I thought that people who frequent these boards have a genuine use for this. Just make me an offer, I only want enough to buy some games ^_^
Blind Joe
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Blind Joe »

how much????
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I'm in if you can keep the price reletively low, as I have a few important payments upcoming.
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

ditto
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by SlammedNiss »

Seriously, sell it on Ebay. You might get more for that than what you originally paid for the DC itself.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I'm sure you can get at least $100 for it on eBay, although I'm equally positive that MANY people here would be more than appreciative for a lower-price offer. My personal recommendation would be either to go for the money on eBay, or sell it to one of the developer-types here (hey, what can I say? as nice as it would be to have for games, wouldn't you rather give people encouragement and means to make MORE games?)
spase
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by spase »

DaMadFiddler wrote:I'm sure you can get at least $100 for it on eBay, although I'm equally positive that MANY people here would be more than appreciative for a lower-price offer. My personal recommendation would be either to go for the money on eBay, or sell it to one of the developer-types here (hey, what can I say? as nice as it would be to have for games, wouldn't you rather give people encouragement and means to make MORE games?)
I'm not even sure that makes sense?

Wouldnt a dev cable be just as well for dev purposes?
-spase-
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

As far as I know, the dev. cable is markedly slower than using a LAN hookup, since it connects to the PC's serial port.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

Coder's cables are A LOT slower than LAN/BBA. BBA's are faster than LAN adapters.
martinc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by martinc »

Ok, I'm looking to get about $75 for it. I'm trying to buy Shenmue 2 (PAL) and something else. If someboy wants to trade for a Mint condition Shenmue 2, I'd knock off $50. That is what I see Shenmue 2 go for on Ebay (I think $50 is fair, because I don't ask the same ammount that people get for a BBA on Ebay).
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

If someone named Xylene tries to buy it, I suggest you don't sell. BlackAura needs it a hell of a lot more than he does.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I agree that selling it to Xylene would be a bad [if not funny] idea.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Alright, since nobody seems to be actually making an offer, I'll get this party started.

Martinc - if you'll go 5 dollars cheaper (20 dollars plus Shenmue 2) you got yourself a deal. I have a Euro version that is in excellent condition, and can provide pictures if you're serious about making a trade.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Is that $75 USD? And is shipping on top of that? And where would it be shipped from?
bramenjam
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by bramenjam »

Hmmm, we (Senile Team) are interested in getting a BBA so we can get more out of the dc, but $75 is still a lot of money. So we're thinking about it...
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

A few fries short of a happy meal.
bramenjam
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by bramenjam »

APE wrote:$75 isnt that much........
Well, it is when you don't have much money.
bramenjam
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by bramenjam »

APE wrote:$75 isnt that much........
Well, it is when you don't have much money.
ATani
DCGen Creator
DCGen Creator

Re: BBA for sale!

Post by ATani »

martinc wrote:Hi,

I recently bought a DC over Ebay. To my surprise it had a BBA instead of a modem. I do not have a high speed connection, so I have no use for this. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to advertise here, but I thought that people who frequent these boards have a genuine use for this. Just make me an offer, I only want enough to buy some games ^_^
I would love to get it as well... I have the $75 USD sitting in PayPal ($18 USD donated from DCEMU readers so far). Msg Me if you are really serious about selling it for $75 USD...

I will even ship you a modem if you need one :P

Atani
martinc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by martinc »

I hope this will be posted, because I've had trouble all morning even signing in. It's $75 USD plus shipping (this will depend on where you are and what method you want to use). It will be shipped from Sanford, FL 32771. Obviously there's no shipping cost if we trade, because we both go through the expense of shipping. Also to anybody did PM me, I'm not ignoring anyboy, but i keep getting a white page with an error message when I try to reply.