MESS ( multi emulator system ... ) for DC

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
jejefeds
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MESS ( multi emulator system ... ) for DC

Post by jejefeds »

hi all

i just saw one or two messages about request for amiga emulation for DC and i thought if mame can be ported to DC and run some neogeo games i suppose it can be possible to port MESS and therefore try to emulate amiga games for DC and others of course

as im not a programmer , im not requesting anything but i just wanted to have any informatioon about this , thx you !

of course i know that it must be hard to emulate amiga hardware but dreams often come true with the DC :)))
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

mess is a killer emu that supports a heck of a lot of systems, once upon a time the great ss_teven was gonna port this, lets hope one day he does
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Yea, that would be a hell of a port :lol: .
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Slamoid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Slamoid »

Yeah, that'd wrock!

Hey, wasn't somone making a self-boot menu system? Shoot, we can just load everything unto one of those, can't we? Use DreamSNEN, NESter, Generator, MAMED, ect. on 1 CD! THAT'D WROCK. :twisted:
If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port, than the packet pocket socket has an error to report.
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Yeah, the author of Demomenu is making a new menu app called DreamInducer that looks way cooler. It lets you have a pic of the game/emulator, and lists them all on a disc. Its a cool idea, except that you won't be able to fit all the stuff you want, due to all the different emulators. I mean, I already have a NesterDC disc packed to the brim with NES games, with no room to spare.

Anyways, you can see pics of what it looks like at his site here: DCGrendel. Just click on the Dreamcast section.
erise
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by erise »

I'd like DreamInducer, though. My entire emulation folder is less than 400 megs.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Just curious, but how can you have 700 megs of NES roms? I have over 500, and it's around 120....
SinisterTengu
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by SinisterTengu »

Well, when you download every one, including the hacks, alternates, japanese, etc, it gets to be a lot. If you you RomCenter rom checker, you can see that there are actually over 6000 NES roms.