coder cables for $20, VGA boxes for $10

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

coder cables for $20, VGA boxes for $10

Post by impetus »

I came across this site that has decent prices on DC accessories.

http://www.jandaman.com/Merchant2/merch ... ry_Code=DC

I picked up both the VGA and coder cables. They're in low stock, so grab them quick.... this is the best I've seen price-wise, including on eBay.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

Yikes, you're not kidding. I ordered the more expensive of the 2 VGA adapters (the one with the pass-through), and after I did, the site said that they were sold out! I guess low stock means 3 or less...

For any of y'all who are sitting on the fence about the $10 VGA adapter, the picture quality is WONDERFUL. That's the one I currently have, and its great - and I originally purchased it for 3 times as much as what they're selling it for. That's a deal.

Oh, and coder cables are usually about 5 bucks more, so that's not a bad deal either, especially if you buy other stuff, and combine shipping.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

i got a good deal on my performance vga box, $15 shipped on ebay :D . It was a shady auction and not many ppl bid on it.
Silence is Golden
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

I wonder how decent the quality is on that S-video cable... I bought one from someone through eBay, and the DC connector is very snug. I'll probably skip straight to a VGA box since they have practically every output one coud want (in the US, at least)... but, the connectivity issue would of course still be of fair concern...

This visit to Ohio saw me playing Rez for DC with S-video on my uncle's super-system (all for the first time). Since I'm usually playing 90% of the time back home with AV through a VCR to my old TV's only stock input (RF), pretty much anything could be considered an improvement... But, be it the TV or the video cable, I have to say that I liked what I saw with the S-video on my uncle's TV for some reason! I'd prefer it to the second-most TV that I play on, which is a friend's Daewoo something-or-other. Aside from the fact that it's a Daewoo and my uncle's is a Sony, I'd probably like it about as much if I used S-video with my friend's, and if she had a decent external sound system to use. :roll:

I'd like to try to figure out some sort of component connection for when we return to Ohio in June... I wonder if I could switch the input on his TV to look for RGB -- That'd probably be better, right? I'd love to have the best connection possible for his TV, and finish Rez with it, in June. Gives me goosebumps simply thinking about it! Next up after that is to convince my uncle in Arizona to let me connect a game system to his HDTV in the first place, and then see if I could get it to work with the DC's VGA output. He most likely won't let me do it since he hasn't even hooked his own Xbox up to it, but, I can try! :D

I should check to see if there are any polls on this forum regarding how everyone has their systems set up...

As an aside; SunnyVale is some of the best feel-good stuff that one can listen to (if a bit cheesy... cheese is good every now and then though, right? calcium!). I'm listening to their "RPG Remixes" album right now, and while I would probably have an expanded angle on it if I had played any of the games that they've recorded tributes to, I'm nontheless enjoying it very thoroughly. :biggrin:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

ROFL, looks like we wiped them out, no more VGA boxes, cables, or coder cables.

they should thank me ;)

they have a waiting list where you can sign up for an update when they get more in stock.
Mr. Jones
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Mr. Jones »

And we ALL know how good those stock updates for outdated gaming hardware are. ;)
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

lol, true.

well seeing as we wiped them out in a matter of a few days, maybe they'll sit up and take notice. :wink: