Ghouls N Ghosts Returns Mod

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
predator002
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ghouls N Ghosts Returns Mod

Post by predator002 »

Didn't know there was A BOR forum here but just letting everyone know that I am making a Ghouls N Ghosts mod for BOR.

I've been working on it for about 3 weeks and will be releasing a 3 level demo of things this weekend.

This is what was posted on the official BOR forum: -

The story will follow pretty much what the previous games had. E.g Princess is kidnapped, Arthur must rescue her.

Arthur has been changed to King Arthur so that I can use the names of other knights of camelot. This is so that there will be much more characters to play as.

There are 6 characters to play as, all with different colours, long range weopons and different magic. They also have different areas where they are better than other knights. E.g, Arthur is slow but better swordplay for close range, good longrange and has a much better use of magic, Lancelot is quicker with average swordplay but has a poor long range damage and average magic.

Music has been used from both the Genesis version and the Snes versions. The snes music has been used primarily due to it being far greater.

I'm using the levels again from both versions. An example is the first level will be the first part of the snes, then the middle part being the genesis, then ending with the boss from the genesis.

Whats complete as of now are: -

5 characters Complete (Only magic to add, all have complete working long range attacks)
3 levels now complete (boss is nearly finished for the end of the third)
3 Enemies Complete
Various items and obstacles Complete
All music added for demo (may spend time trying to rip better versions)

I am aiming to have the demo version released during the weekend. Does anyone know a site that would host it?

See ya

Predator002

Last edited by predator002 on Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

From what i already saw on the other board and here,it's really getting only better !!! Keep it up !

VampiricS,
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

holy poo man i love the whole ghouls n ghost and the maximo games for ps2 that follow it and damn this game is looking awesome i cant wait til the demo comes out its kind of funny cause i just asked in another thread if there were screenshots of this game and who was making it. :mrgreen:
Styrofoam
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Styrofoam »

This is what the world needs, more G'n'G goodness .... ahh to stand in the local arcade again, covered in bandages, dirt and milkshake and play this game .... memories.

In other words; nice job Predator, you've really managed to capture (rip ?? ;) ) the G'n'G look :)
predator002
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by predator002 »

I've tried to get as much G'N'G feel as I could but a few ideas had to be trashed. I had plans for tombstones in the playing field of level 1 just like the originals but found that obstacles can't be jumped over.

Also I wanted to create a more detailed set of holes so that the player had to jump between lands overwise they would fall (Just like the water part of level 1 on the snes). But then found that the hole size wasn't dependent on the hole.gif and was a set size. That gif was only a texture for it.

But thanks for the feedback guys, I hope you like the end product.

Predator002
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

well im patiently awaiting it predator i already made news about it on my site.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

im not really into all the bor mods. they are awesome and all, but i just dont get into them. however, this may be one i will dl. you understand how fucking awesome it looks? cant wait
farrell2k
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by farrell2k »

This mod looks F*cking awesome!
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

I feel the same mikey
BudFern
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by BudFern »

Wow, this MOD look awesome! I can't wait! :)
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

predator002, maybe you should talk to Ian Michael about the limitations you are encountering in the BOR engine. IIRC, he is able to change some of the stuff by altering the source code or something.
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

Yeah! He's right dude! :? :roll: :roll:
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

What is that supposed to mean? I'm giving him a plausible mean to improve on his mod and you go all "roll-eyes" on me? Whatever :x.
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

didn't mean to hurt your feelings man!
Don't really care about ranks,Don't really care about what you think about me,Just worry about you not getting bi**h slapped b*tc*
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

lv10 i think unless the comment is completely relievent to the post i think its best you keep your comments to yourself.... i think a few people are becoming pretty ticked off im not tryin to speak for everyone im just going by what ive been reading to me half the things posted by you are more spam than anything relievent to any of the conversations being formed in any thread
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

By the way Predator the screens look great and cant wait till you release a demo. i have one question/suggestion...i know its in my name ,but the Maximo games for PS2 follow the legacy of Ghouls n' Ghost so would it be possible to even have Maximo in the game as at least a hidden character... you could use the verison of aurthur that runs around w/ out armor lol just a thought :)
predator002
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by predator002 »

Brilliant! :D I like that, I wanted to add the no armour arthur but couldn't think how he would fit in. I'll try and add him in time.

Cheers

Predator002
Maximo2703
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Maximo2703 »

Welcome man glad to be of some help :mrgreen: . at least my comments are relievent to the thread unlike lv.10 lol
lv.10!!!
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by lv.10!!! »

Gav-X wrote:What is that supposed to mean? I'm giving him a plausible mean to improve on his mod and you go all "roll-eyes" on me? Whatever :x.
Is that I picked the wrong expression.I ain't knew it got you that upset!
Don't really care about ranks,Don't really care about what you think about me,Just worry about you not getting bi**h slapped b*tc*
Gav-X
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Gav-X »

lv.10!!!: It's all good. I overreacted :oops:

predator002, do all six playable characters really play different? What I mean is, let's say that Arthur needs 3 sword attacks to kill a baddie, then will Galahad or Bedivere need 4 or 5? Does the same apply to long range or magic attacks?