DC broadband web browser or maybe a copy of planetweb ver 3?

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by speud »

just a reminder, im not the one who started the debate here, and you cant say something then just expect me not to reply. i think as you... hmmm... "borrowed" the browsers without any official permission the least you can do is actually to correct people who make this "mistake" to believe you are the creators
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Excalibur007
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Excalibur007 »

Didn't start the debate? Anyone reading this thread can see that no one argued or debated anything until...
az you shouldnt claim xdp supports flash4 thats not true, we already talked about that.
anyway, pyrosurfer pw is not better than xdp, xdp contains pw2.6 so if you compare pw2.6 to the pw in xdp they are almost the same except of the different gui, now i totally agree pw3 is better than pw2.6 like i said before.
thats also what confuse people when you make them think xdp is a new homebrew browser. -speud
People who use the browsers can see that I didn't "create" them. It's plainly obvious that they are edited versions of Planetweb and Dream Passport. The "DP" in "XDP" stands for "Dream Passport"... it certainly doesn't mean "Deadly Possum". Fathead included disclaimers in each of the DP's in PSDv1 and these are still intact in PSDv2. Even the DPP title screen in PSDv2 says "XDP powered by Dream Passport". It has been that way for months before the XDP standalone was even released. Again, I find myself being redundant.... every XDP support page refers to them as "custom browsers" so your policing of newbies is just unneccessary. BTW, have you read the "readme 1st" on the psd.com download page?

Can I expect you not to "reply"? I don't expect you or anyone else for that matter to jump into the middle of a guy asking for help with his broadband adapter to "reply" ahem... (debate) some trivial issue that doesn't even relate to the topic.
If you'd like to argue something, simply start a topic with a title like, "let's have an argument", but please don't clutter a topic started by a guy asking for help with needless dribble. Can I remind you that the name of this topic is "DC broadband web browser or maybe a copy of planetweb ver 3?".

I ask again... can you help this guy? I can't. I don't have a lot of experience with the BbA. To answer the 2nd part of the topic... the only place you can currently get PW3 is ebay. Planetweb discontinued selling them at the end of 2002.

-Ex
Tis my sig.
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

Excalibur007 wrote:Didn't start the debate? Anyone reading this thread can see that no one argued or debated anything until...
az you shouldnt claim xdp supports flash4 thats not true, we already talked about that.
anyway, pyrosurfer pw is not better than xdp, xdp contains pw2.6 so if you compare pw2.6 to the pw in xdp they are almost the same except of the different gui, now i totally agree pw3 is better than pw2.6 like i said before.
thats also what confuse people when you make them think xdp is a new homebrew browser. -speud
yes thats what i wrote, that was totally in topic since xdp was mentionned before, also my comment about xdp was quite positive so i definitely didnt started the pro or against xdp debate here.
Excalibur007 wrote:People who use the browsers can see that I didn't "create" them. It's plainly obvious that they are edited versions of Planetweb and Dream Passport. The "DP" in "XDP" stands for "Dream Passport"... it certainly doesn't mean "Deadly Possum". Fathead included disclaimers in each of the DP's in PSDv1 and these are still intact in PSDv2. Even the DPP title screen in PSDv2 says "XDP powered by Dream Passport". It has been that way for months before the XDP standalone was even released. Again, I find myself being redundant.... every XDP support page refers to them as "custom browsers" so your policing of newbies is just unneccessary. BTW, have you read the "readme 1st" on the psd.com download page?
i don't use xdp and i know what it is so i don't need any readme thx. and its still not as obvious as you claim it is, a lot of users think xdp is a homebrew browser, actually i think you exploited the fact that dream passport/dreamkey was not popular everywhere in the world
Excalibur007 wrote:Can I expect you not to "reply"?
dont give me the gun if you dont want to be shot. also its a public forum so i think as long as you talk about something i am free to give my opinion on the same topic
Excalibur007 wrote:I don't expect you or anyone else for that matter to jump into the middle of a guy asking for help with his broadband adapter to "reply" ahem... (debate) some trivial issue that doesn't even relate to the topic.
If you'd like to argue something, simply start a topic with a title like, "let's have an argument", but please don't clutter a topic started by a guy asking for help with needless dribble. Can I remind you that the name of this topic is "DC broadband web browser or maybe a copy of planetweb ver 3?".
so who started to talk about xdp/psd?
Excalibur007 wrote:I ask again... can you help this guy? I can't. I don't have a lot of experience with the BbA. To answer the 2nd part of the topic... the only place you can currently get PW3 is ebay. Planetweb discontinued selling them at the end of 2002.
you mean you are just talking off topic cause you cant help him on the main topic, but reproach me not to help him and answer to your comments?
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

as i recall speud you did the samething the other night when lordnikon was posting in the email thread started by fackue...i changed my sig to FLAME your stupid ASS.i was admonished for doing so.i changed my sig to something more useful.but you just keep changing EVERY topic posted about a browser where we recommend xdp/psd to the poster..into an argument..i consider that flaming.maybe the admin/mod who admonished me about my sig and flaming should consider that same admonishment for YOU.because you dont help you just argue.you like the flaming you like the xdp/psd bashing. and in response to the original poster.open dp options in xdp8 and be absolutely sure you are inputting your user information correctly..check all the fields,and be sure your hardware connections are proper.other than that i cant help you.
LordNikon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

I'm here to help

Post by LordNikon »

-=HiryuJoesephus=- wrote:Please direct me to an online resource that will give me an order of operations to follow so I can get this confangled contraption to work please help
Hi, I currently live in the United States, Chicago. I have a broadband adaptor. I have had a lot of experience with troubleshooting the device as well as configuring it with various dreamcast software.

Your trying to get your bba online?
Where do you live?
Are you sure its a bba and not a 'lan' adaptor?
Do you own a router?
Do you own any of the following games: Outtrigger or Quake 3 Arena

Quake 3 NTSC version will connect to the net regardless of setting up the correct broadband settings....that is if your dc is able to access a viable dhcp server.

From what I have read so far, if you don't have a router then this is the problem most likely. The dreamcast has to access a DCHP server. Rarely have I heard of scenarios where the dc bba can get on the net by jacking right into the cable/dsl modem.

Answer some of the questions I presented and then we should be headed in the right direction to get this all sorted out. :)
http://www.onlineconsoles.com - online console gaming communities for the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Playstation 2
-=HiryuJoesephus=-
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by -=HiryuJoesephus=- »

hey guys I am back with good news
I simply disconnected my usb cord from the cable modem that went to my pc and kept the ehternet cable hooked up to both the dc and the modem powered both down and restarted both and viola it worked. which raised questions in my head about dual computer capabilities of my modem and so as the saying goes "When all else fails read the directions.". I looked through the modem manual and it stated that it is able to let two computers share a single internet connection by just using the the single modem but that in some or most areas I would have to contact my isp and tell them that I would be doing so and to make arrangements to allow two connections on a single ip or something like that. please feel free to include,paraphrase, or totally rip off my responses and questions with or without credit. I think that someone with more time than I should maybe set up a locked topic usefull q and a 's such as these. thanks for the help and sorry to instigate all debating. and to the guys behind xpd keep it up i expect good things to come.
lazy minds think alike great minds think alone
-=HiryuJoesephus=-
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by -=HiryuJoesephus=- »

what's this about a lan adapter or a bba?
I thought that sega only made a 33.6k a 56k an external fan and bba for the dc.
But now that you mention it, above my jack on the dc it does say LAN.
Are you sure that the lan adapter and the bba aren't one in the same?
but yes when I disconected my pc fromt the cable modem it did work but it could be it's own mini router too this stuff is important to me and I would like a response
lazy minds think alike great minds think alone
NightStalker
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightStalker »

thanks for the help and sorry to instigate all debating.

you are not the cause,this has been an ongoing thing for awhile now.as for the routing info you need,hang around for a reply,one of the fellas more suited to answer other than me(as i cant answer that question lol)will offer some help.
LordNikon
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by LordNikon »

HiryuJoesephus, The LAN adaptor only works with the included dreamcast browser that comes with it. The LAN adaptor was a prototype model of the BBA and was released in japan for web browsing. Model HIT-0300.

It uses a Fujitsu chipset on a proprietary bus.

Since the BBA and the LAN adaptor look identical to the naked eye, people have been pawning the LAN adaptors on eBay as bba's to make a quick profit. LAN adaptors are great for devers, since they also provide the ability to upload code to the dreamcast faster than a coder's cable.

However the only piece of official software the LAN adaptor works with is the specfic web browser included with the device. In your case you clearly have an official BBA.

-

As far as your cabe modem, I have no idea. I don't know what model or have ever seen the manual. This type of question would probobly be best asked on a network/computing forum. Since the issue your describing seems to be something completly non-dreamcast related.

In all honesty I think you should buy a router and set up a proper network.
http://www.onlineconsoles.com - online console gaming communities for the Dreamcast, Gamecube, and Playstation 2