Blood 2: The Chosen

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
(soad)DarkSteel
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blood 2: The Chosen

Post by (soad)DarkSteel »

Hi all,
Do you think we can play "Blood 2: The Chosen" on Dreamcast ?
The Source Code is available on the main site... I know many people think this game is a piece of S***, but I like this game...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Only some of the game's source code is available. The engine source code is not available.
SuperMegatron
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by SuperMegatron »

Blood 1 was way better then blood 2 I loved to play that game online when mplayer had it in there game list ANAL MADNESS!!!!!
Dessico
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Dessico »

:o

Oh my, if someone ported Blood 1 to the dreamcast I would be in heaven...

It uses the same engine as Duke... I mean c'mon...

Just a dream I guess...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

It uses the same engine as Duke, but the source code for the BUILD engine was released years ago, and nobody was able to get it to run Duke3D until the Duke3D game source code was released.

The problem with Blood 1 is that we don't have the game source code, only the engine. It's not possible to get Blood 1 running on the BUILD engine unless you replicate all of the additions they made to the code. And there are a lot of additions, just as in Duke 3D.

The problem with Blood 2 is the opposite. We have the game source code, but not the engine source code. It's based on the LithTech engine, and I don't think they'll ever release the complete source code to that, because it's still being developed and used in new games.
Ze_ro
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ze_ro »

It's too bad the Build games used so much of their own code. I'd love to have a disc with Duke Nukem, Blood and Shadow Warrior on it.... but Shadow Warrior is another case of "only having some of the source code". Oh well...

--Zero
cruonitrud?minuox
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by cruonitrud?minuox »

There has been a leak of the Blood Alpha source code. Apparently way back in the day (maybe '93?), a developer at Monolith who was working on Blood took his computer in to be repaired and the repair guy snagged the source files off his PC. The zip files were password protected, and I spent about a week brute forcing them until I finally found the passwords were availible on the internet...oh well.

Anyway, this is an incredibly early version of Blood (the screenshots on the Duke Nukem shareware disk are taken from this Alpha) but the source code is there. I don't know how different this is...could it possibly help? I've been all over the Blood forums, and the source code release is a big topic. No one can seem to figure out what Monolith (or whoever owns Blood now) can possibly gain from keeping the source code private. There's speculation that the code is lost. I would love to see the port too, it's by far my favorite FPS ever. Those of you who know a little bit more about porting/source code and such, does this information help?

--Cruonit Rud?minuox (Bloodthirsty Believer) :twisted:
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

The best line in blood was "scrotum seperation!!!" after you kill someone in deathmatch. :P
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Blood kicked ass. I need to get the full version one of these days.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
lantus
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by lantus »

cruonitrud?minuox wrote:There has been a leak of the Blood Alpha source code.
yep - i can confirm this, some guy emailed me offering me the source if i would port it to Xbox.
xSnes9x - Snes9x for Xbox Consoles
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I don't think we can legally touch it.
lantus
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by lantus »

the second part of my story was, i turned him down for that reason ;)

Ill wait for an official source release
cruonitrud?minuox
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by cruonitrud?minuox »

BlackAura wrote:I don't think we can legally touch it.
lantus wrote:the second part of my story was, i turned him down for that reason :wink:
Yeah, but it's tempting isn't it? :lol:
Do you think the guy was even legit?
lantus
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by lantus »

yeah it was tempting. Blood was such a great game.

and yeah - it was definetly legit.

Hopefully we will see official source releases of Blood and Shadow Warrior sometime
bender
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by bender »

Transfusion could be the way ;) :
http://www.planetblood.com/qblood
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

If I learn c by the end of this year and I can code good enough to be on BlueCrabs ljsdcdev team then I will port blood1 to the dreamcats regardless how legal it is.I mean who the hell is it really huting?OMG THE GAME WE MADE ABOUT A DECADE AGO IS PORTED TO THE DREAMCAST!Anyways It probaly would have to be released in a "secrect" way.(Although I am just learning C this would be a good project for me later I also know this wouldnt be an easy task and if I sound like an ass hole I didnt mean to).
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

People not caring if it's legal and doing it any way shine a bad light on the scene zeroType.

We all have a lot of temping things i have many that people send me via email. i dont even post about them so people can get temped.

Not worth doing till it's released.

Thing i dont get is Most of the Xbox scene is illegal due to using the Leaked Dev kit. I would of thought some one from the xbox scene would of ported it with out a 2nd thought. I mean really whats the diffrents. One's by microsoft? both leaked source.

Thats's why i stay away from the xbox it's based on Illegal dev kit. Not worth me risking my career for short term fun.

What if i end up working for microsoft. I doubt any one would want to deal with some one that works or ports things for the xbox.
Dreamcast forever!!!
lantus
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by lantus »

uhh just because we develop using an illegal SDK, it doesnt mean we have no care in the world and we go around ripping everything and everyone off. We are still coders and we still respect one another. I am a contributor for the Snes9x team. Yes i ported the source to the Xbox - illegally, but i was contributed with many Win32 fixes which i did to give something back to the team. I am the person who was credited for getting Starfox2 working on Snes9x amongst other things. Many other Xbox porters are in touch with the original authors as well. On the flip side, some win32 authors have ported stuff to the Xbox as well. KawaKs comes to mind.

and to your second point : lots of ms staff download from #xbins. They dont seem to care. Xbox Media Centre is frequently talked about in the press. Toms Hardware page recently did a review of Xbox Media Center - an illegal piece of software built with an illegal XDK. Why hasnt MS come after the coders?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Why hasnt MS come after the coders?
Same reason they never bothered trying to stop people pirating Windows or Office until recently - they don't care, and they'd rather people use an illegal version of their dev tools than:

1 - Linux
2 - Write their own
3 - Code for a different console
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Why is the SDK Less importain or moraly Less wrong, to use then, the Blood Source code is what i wanted to know.
Dreamcast forever!!!