PSP

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
FETUS
Knight of Null
Knight of Null
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

PSP

Post by FETUS »

I haven't heard much about the psp (playstation pocket) except that it has multiplayer capability without link cables. I've heard rumors about being able to walk around town looking for servers for games like socom wich really excites me. any more info would be nice although since it's still in developement finding solid info won't be that possable.
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Why couldn't you just add this to the several existing psp topics out there? And who actually plays their portable outside their room? I have yet to see a teen playing their gba in public. And for those who think the PSP will be cooler, I gaurantee you still won't play it outside your house.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

? you won't play it outside your house. people only play them in there rooms? uh sure if you say so. I play consoles in my rooms not portable game systems. I see people playing gba all the time and i live in a tiny town.
Mikey1109
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Mikey1109 »

uh, hello dude. the only reason i bought a gba is so i have something to play when im not at home. if that were true then the gameboy player would be more popular than the gba.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I bought a GBA so I had something to do on the train (around an hour) every day. I've played it at home a bit, mostly because I got rather engrossed in an RPG, but basically I use it when I'm not at home. When I'm at home, I have enough non-portable machines anyway.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

To be honest I actually haven't seen that many ppl in public playing GBAs. Not as much as they played GBs in the past. Not to say they're not selling, it's just that I don't really see it all that often any more
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

Mikey1109 wrote:uh, hello dude. the only reason i bought a gba is so i have something to play when im not at home. if that were true then the gameboy player would be more popular than the gba.
If you wanna believe that then go ahead but I know I'm right. MOST PEOPLE play their GBAs in their rooms.
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

compacho wrote: If you wanna believe that then go ahead but I know I'm right. MOST PEOPLE play their GBAs in their rooms.
I usually play mine everywhere in the house except my room.... wait I guess they are all my rooms, since it's my house d'oh! Bathroom is the best, less clutter than the newspaper :wink:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

compacho wrote:
Mikey1109 wrote:uh, hello dude. the only reason i bought a gba is so i have something to play when im not at home. if that were true then the gameboy player would be more popular than the gba.
If you wanna believe that then go ahead but I know I'm right. MOST PEOPLE play their GBAs in their rooms.
MOST PEOPLE play their GBAs at home AND outside of the home. My source on this is just as reliable as yours.

Personally, I play my GBA on road trips, plane trips, etc, and use my GB player at home. I've never carried a GBA around with me to school and stuff (well, I did for a short time when I got my flash card), but I have seen people do it with the SP at college. I don't think the regular GBA is portable enough, and I don't have an SP.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Lord_Ball wrote:Bathroom is the best, less clutter than the newspaper :wink:
no doubt. :wink:
Neo PuNK
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Neo PuNK »

dude, why would u even but a gba if you were just going to play it in ur room? that doesnt make any sence. it was made to be portable, duh. and no, MOST people DO NOT play it in their room. MOST people bring it with them to places. that why its portable
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

I play out of the house and inside of the house... But its more fun out of the house as my xbox doesnt start calling "Plaayyyy meeeeee"
Dust on the Dreamcast
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

Neo PuNK wrote:dude, why would u even but a gba if you were just going to play it in ur room? that doesnt make any sence. it was made to be portable, duh. and no, MOST people DO NOT play it in their room. MOST people bring it with them to places. that why its portable
I would mostly play mine inside the house, the protability is an added extra

I just see it as another console and buy it for the games not the portability factor

And the 2D games make it very appealing, seeing as most developers are scared to go down the 2D route with home consoles
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

arcticfeather wrote:
Neo PuNK wrote:dude, why would u even but a gba if you were just going to play it in ur room? that doesnt make any sence. it was made to be portable, duh. and no, MOST people DO NOT play it in their room. MOST people bring it with them to places. that why its portable
I would mostly play mine inside the house, the protability is an added extra

I just see it as another console and buy it for the games not the portability factor

And the 2D games make it very appealing, seeing as most developers are scared to go down the 2D route with home consoles
Thats another important reason. thanks. Ok, maybe me saying that most people play gba in their rooms only went too far. But, most people will usually play their their gba in their house.

People buy the GBA because they think its a cool peace of gadgetry, but they don't feel too cool playing it in public. That is the reason why most people play it in their house. And please people, don't gimme that "the gba is meant to be portable. If you're not gonna take it places then buy a gameboy player." Well, you know what? People want it to be portable so that they can take it to their beds, their desk, their living room, the bathroom, and their backyard.

Neopunk, please! You won't win. I remember you got your ass handed to you in another gba related topic for making dumb comments. Remember?
http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewto ... hlight=psp