closed thread.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
racketboy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by racketboy »

link doesn't seem to work :(
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Well i decided to put it up only for a couple of days... and since i never got any feedback or bug reports since the releases of the demos i decided to stop releasing any demos until the final release. I'll prolly make a movie trailer for those curious to see it in motion... but that's all.

Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Update :

* Maria now fully playable
* adding many enemies now (thanks to AtrKid for the rips from CVO)

Insane DCEmu

Post by racketboy »

VampiricS wrote:Well i decided to put it up only for a couple of days... and since i never got any feedback or bug reports since the releases of the demos i decided to stop releasing any demos until the final release. I'll prolly make a movie trailer for those curious to see it in motion... but that's all.

:(
zyloj
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by zyloj »

Keep up the good work. Your mod looks incredible. I think a release candidate version is better to get bug reporting before the final version comes out. Perhaps people don't want to burn so many cds ;)
I hope you can set a video demo soon to watch the game in action.
Greets
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I finally got a chance to test out the last demo (March 02, 10:38 AM) on my computer. This mod really is coming along very nicely. You are doing a fantastic job.

Bug Report/Feedback - The only bug I have noticed so far is the fact that you can throw the skulls. I am not sure whether or not you meant for us to be able to grab and throw the skulls character or not. I think it is really cool that you can only hit them if you jump up, but I thought it was a little strange that you could grab onto them.

"Cerberus"/"This is the boss" is really a fantastic character, but I would set the difficulty on that character a lot higher. Even the level bosses in BOR usually seem to have two full bars of health. Obviously you know that there should be a lot more different enemies. I see in your post above that you are currently implementing a lot of new enemies. That should be cool.
I really like the fact that some of the zombies drop from the ceiling, but I think it would be really cool if you could find some way to make them rise from the floor or something instead, and have bats or spectors or skeletons or something drop from the ceiling (or even, if possible, add some platforms above your head for them to drop from). One of the recent Castlevania releases for the GBA (I can never remember which one I have) has bags of worms that drop from the ceiling.
The backgrounds look absolutely amazing, and the speed of the game is great. Richter is a fantastic player (I haven't really played with Alucard all that much). I am really enjoying this mod, so far, and look forward to seeing your progress (whether that is another demo release, or the finished product). Keep up the fantastic work.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
DemoniusX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by DemoniusX »

I will definitely get this when the final version is released, i am not a demo type guy but
I am a castlevaina nut so I will just wait until the final version is released and then test
out the goodness, great job man.
no other company in the gaming world will ever have the originality that sega and nintendo have to offer, PEROID. xbox and sony take a HIKE!!!!!
sbz -04-
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

DemoniusX wrote:I will definitely get this when the final version is released, i am not a demo type guy but
I am a castlevaina nut so I will just wait until the final version is released and then test
out the goodness, great job man.
Dude, why not try out some demos? That way you get the chance to say "Hey, this is cool. What would also be cool would be if you added ___." When a project is in the early stages, constructive feedback can have an impact on how the final turns out.
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

but ruins the surprise of playing the mod because you seen it almost completely every time !

that's why i will never try out demos !
except perhaps those who say DEMO, next release being the final and not having any other release between both versions !

don't know for that guy, but that's my reason not to download and try those... but from what you all says about it... no doubt that i will be surprised and will enjoy the play when the time comes !
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

*Update*

For those who wanted to have a glimpse of what the Castlevania is i just did a little movie trailer of it. Really quicly made but it gets the job done. I will try to get the owner of the website to post it in the news if possible. I only need to know where to upload it and we're set.

DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

It's pretty dumb not to release demos for bug testing and or suggestions on ways to improve the games IMO.
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

It's pretty dumb not to release demos for bug testing and or suggestions on ways to improve the games IMO.
I did released demos of it actually... and on 15 persons who tried it i got like 2-3 of them giving bug report and suggestions... I will release demos but not as often as before. So there will be more to really try. So i guess that even the movie trailer i did is useless and dumb then... (haha)

Well for those who still care about it i'll put it online on the site if possible, and from my side i will focus on working on the mod instead. I'll have more time for it real soon, since i will be off from work for quite a while.

Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Here's the movie trailer for those interested :

to avoid monstrous skipping for that movie, please save target as on the link and watch it from your HD directly.

http://castlevania-rpg.tendoweb.com/rg- ... railer.wmv

Last edited by VampiricS on Sun Mar 07, 2004 6:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Looks awesome, is the animation as choppy as it looks or is that just at the rate u capture it?
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Looks awesome, is the animation as choppy as it looks or is that just at the rate u capture it?
I suggest to you to save target as on that link and watch it from your HD... it will be less choppy. And in game it's not choppy at all... but the way i did the movie... i had to play and screen capture like 200 frames by hand, so that explains the framerate loss.

DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Yea looks really cool.
DemoniusX
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by DemoniusX »

I would try the demo out but I just don't like unfinished games, now if I want to play the mod
wouldn't i have to redownload BOR? I have no clue about mods, never used them :P oh well I like
finished games, it is just the guy I am, no offense to anyone I just like my stuffed finished
and those who want to play the game so badly they can have the demos, it is all good. the
ones that play the demo can point out the problems to make it better. I will enjoy the goodness
when the final release is released, I am pretty patient and with all the emus I have burned I can
wait. :D
no other company in the gaming world will ever have the originality that sega and nintendo have to offer, PEROID. xbox and sony take a HIKE!!!!!
sbz -04-
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

I would try the demo out but I just don't like unfinished games, now if I want to play the mod
wouldn't i have to redownload BOR?
That's why i release the demos to only a couple of my friends now, and no no need to re download BOR if you're using my release since it's for Dreamcast it's all included in the CD image, but you can watch the little movie trailer if you wanna have a glimpse of what it's like without playing it already

Mental DCEmu

Post by DemoniusX »

sweet VampiricS sounds really cool, I hope you did not take my previous post offensive if
you did I am really sorry, I just would like to wait until the game is finished, I really do
look forward to it, I seen the trailer I am really psyched about it! so summer is the release for
the final version eh? well I am stoked on it. i really look forward to it. Once again if my
last post offended you, I offer my sincere apology. keep up the fantastic work man!
sbz -04-
souledge
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by souledge »

Excelent work, i just saw the trailer and it looks great, keep working on it