BOR pack loader Beta

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

BOR pack loader Beta

Post by Ian Micheal »

About..........

This is a simple loader, it lets you load 4 mods using the standard bor engine. You can change
the directory paths to the mods via txt files, this menuloader can be used over and over on dreaminducer since every thing is changeable paths and what the mods are called the 4th mod is called" my favorite Mod" but you can still change the path and loctaion of the mod to load. This loads mods by booting the BOR engine in Multiple directorys. Makes a neat complation of your fav mods.

Txt rending...............

The Txt rendering and the names to 3 mods on the menu for selecting them can be changed the name in the txt file will then be placed on screen in the selection box's.

Themes..............

Just one Jpg file is needed making sure to keeping to the template.If it's found on the cd it will load your theme if not the default theme will load.

For changing the paths to the mods read the FAQ in the DATA directory

For Changing the Txt rendered to the screen Example the mods names on screen Read the FAQ in the Modname directory.

Burning..........

The Unscrambled bin is for use with dreaminducer rename it what you want

1ST_READ.BIN is for selfbooting this menu to load mods with out dream inducer

Make sure the Bor engine in each directory is unscrambled then place your mod in that directory use the default directorys i provided if you get confused.

Please follow my faq on making and burning and image on my site.

This includes both a dreaminducer and selfboot version. It will let you put 4 full mods using the standard bor engine on one cd or use it on a dream inducer disk as well please try to read my Faq if you have any problems i will try to clear it up it's not that user frendly well it is in ways. You have to change a few txt files etc.

You can chain the menu over and over and have as many mods as you want just takes effort with txt files and path creation.

http://imrtechnology.ngemu.com/
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sun Mar 07, 2004 2:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by curt_grymala »

Have you gotten this to work with Dream Inducer? I have not been able to get either the original BOR or your mod to work as SBI's. Did you get this loader to work as an SBI?

This is a great idea Ian, and you got it out there so quickly. Nice work.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

This is perfect, just what we needed with the now increasing number of BoR mods being developed.

edit: curt_grymala i havent been able to get BoR to work as an SBI either, tried it twice on two different cd-rs'.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Should work fine I test things using dreaminducer but i did not have any more cds to test this right now But this will not work from demomenu or dchakker At all this boots bins like a boot disk. This will only work from dream inducer or selfbooting. Thats the case with wowpack mame as well So you cant use demo menu or dc hakker.

I used it as a Selfboot image and sent it using my coder's cable. I can make up a SBI pack but it should work since this is almost the same as wowpak mame loader just a lot more fancy in ways.

Well if i dont do it when, i have motvation, these days i just dont do it. Since i wanted to help out it's a bit hard to understand how to use, I will do a html with pictures Faq, on it soon the next few days that should help.

I dont have any cdr's to try it with dream inducer, but since wowpack mame loader works, with it this should as well it shares most of the same code. Just make sure the bor engine is unscrambled. Since dreaminducer will boot this loader it should boot this loader allowing it to boot the Bor engine.

Should work finger's crossed. if not it works fine as a selfboot cd.

There should not be any faults in this software i tryed it 5 to 6 times before zipping it up if there are tell me and , I will see if it's a software bug or user fault.

I will refine it as feed back comes on whats wanted from it.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Here's a screen shot of the loader it's simple and can be themed

I posted this at the beats of rage site so i thought i post it here.
Dreamcast forever!!!
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

a loader would be cool, but will there be a chance to see this laoding an infinite number of mods in the selector ?

i mean with the way BOR is made lots of people are going to do Mods for it. so it sure will need to have a limit higher then 4 !
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yeah you can use this and chain it together if you wanted. what it loads is changable via txt files so there is no limt it will load any kos made bin including it's self . You could have my fav mod loading the loader over and over rename the directorys etc you have your unlimted loader just takes a bit of work changing the paths via the txt files. This is done it's useable now Ive been told dreaminducer does not work the bor engine.

You can chain this menu and as many times as you want. just change the paths and directorys and file names etc.

Pretty easy once you get the idea.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

So it is Kinda of like 138's divx inducer Ian?
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Dont know what that is? heh. But it's just a menu that can load bor lots of times with txt file path changes. Standalone app. does not use dreaminducer or any code from it. Dream inducer could use it.

It's pretty much the same as wowpack mame loader like i said but with changeable paths and you can change the txt on the screen via txt files and theme then is just a back ground no need to write txt on the jpg it displays using TTF.

Ill refine it as i go might be as good as dream inducer one day.
Dreamcast forever!!!
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

basically it loads up and you have the options

TMNT
Castlevania
Megaman
More BOR Mods (would load up to 4 more)
|
|
\,/
Samurai Pizza Cats
Sonic
Mario
Even More BOR Mods (loads up to 4 more)

etc, right?
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Yup thats it. Bit clunky but hey like 1 hour's work heh. I will make it better i thought people wanted to have all the mods out now on one cd they could use it. There's not many finshed or out yet.
Dreamcast forever!!!
sheng
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by sheng »

After reading, just one little question, if you want to go back to the proper BOR what do you do? is it just like selecting a mod? :roll:

Just woundering Ian..........
Dream on
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Yeah, you can set it up as one of the menu items in the mod list.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

i tried to use that BOR mod loader.... No luck...

First i tried to theme it, idid one and named it pic.jpg and put it on the root of the cd, but only the default theme loaded... after that i tried to load mods from the loader, no luck there neither... either it froze or it reseted the DC, i guess that the 1ST_read.bin aren't unscrambled... anyone know what to use to unscramble it ?

Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

You have to unscramble the bins you have to do this to make any Dreaminducer pack as well. The bor engine needs to be unscrambled only every thing else is set you have to mod the txt files to point to the bins as well. It's not pre set.

Next time i can included it with my mod set up so you just copy what i do.Im sorry it's not really user freindly and i dont have my dev system any more. I dont feel like seting it up for dreamcast again ether. prolly will dont know ive lost motivation for consoles.

You can find unscrambling tools on the front page of this site last time i check it had them.

SCRAMBLED = SELF BOOT BIN
UNSCRAMBLED = Boot disk

Works for me via coders cable and Self boot cd.

for the theme the code works it looks for the "/cd/pic.jpg" if found it loads it if not it loads "/rd/1.jpg" Every thing worked before i released it.

I have it as a SB image burned and working with both your mod and mine.
Dreamcast forever!!!
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Ok. I re-tried for the third time... i de-scrambled the 1st_read.bin (for each mod) i checked to be sure to put the new theme (pic.jpg) into the root of the CD... and still doesn't work... there's 1 mod that goes to the beats of rage loading screen and the others just freezes at the bor mod loader menu.

i used DCtool to de-scramble, and i used dir2boot to selfboot the cd. the mod i put on the cd were, Castlevania SOD, TMNT, Megaman and the original Beats Of Rage.

Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Problem found read post down there. :oops:
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Sun Mar 07, 2004 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Very importain if you want to use this You can not burn it as a mode2 cd image. check the image you created if it's mode2 it will not work or boot the Bor engine Thro my loader at all. it's the way i coded it. I forget sorry.

Im sorry i forget to say this.

Importain update this will only work from a mode1 cd image

Meaning dir2boot will not work.
Dreamcast forever!!!
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

ok... any idea of which othedr selfboot application that will make me a MODE 1 selfboot cd of that BOR mod Loader ?.

Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

I do but it also boots Warez games so i can link it. If you want to check Stick the Cd you created. In to Dc hakker or demo menu go to the mod1 directory with demo menu or dc hakker Press (Y) to force these to load unscrambled bin's

Load the bin you put in that directory. You will see even on these to apps it will not load the standard bor engine I tryed this.

To like i said take the cd you created and load the bor bin in one of the mod folders on the cd using Demo menu or dc hackker it will freeze at the loader screen thats also why it's not working from dreaminducer it has to be mode1 for it to boot it when a loader has booted first strange i know but ive tested it and this is the problem.
Dreamcast forever!!!