closed thread.

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
racketboy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by racketboy »

lookin good.
this has some excellent potnetial!
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Ok people... thanks for supporting me in that project... it feels good to see that i
am not doing it for nothing.

Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Here's the first demo of SOD

here's the link : http://castlevania-rpg.tendoweb.com/rg- ... tlesod.rar

Right-click then choose save target or it will not connect.

Warning to 56k users, it's around 15mb.

Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

I am downloading this now, with great anticipation. Stupid 56K modem.

Just out of curiosity (I am sure I will find out when/if it finally downloads): Did you set it up to use "BOR.PAK" as the name of your pak file, or did you give your pak file a unique filename, so that we can put it together with Beats of Rage and Ian Micheal's mod on one disc? If it uses a unique filename, I will put together an SBI of it, but I won't be able to upload it until Monday or Tuesday (I'm not going to try to upload it using my 56k modem when I could easily upload it over DSL at the office).

I am very curious to see how this is shaping up. No matter what, I am certain I will be impressed. Keep up the good work.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

well my friend i packed it and renamed to BOR.PAK then selfbooted it in CDI format, and included the CDI2NERO and the nfo + common files, as for making an sbi of it... there's no real need i guess since it's nowhere near to be complete.

And i wanted to do a release of it when it will be completed using Dream inducer, a special theme an intro, and other extras... but that aint for today hehe.

Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

Vampirc- THIS MOD IS UNBELIEVABLY AWSOME- amazing work so far. The music captured me, and the moves are near perfectly ripped. Stages are breathtaking. Brought back sotn memories right at the title screen!
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Good to know.
DreamZone Forums

law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

DarkGambitX wrote:Cool going to be better than that stupid Pizza Samirai Cats mod.
U should be banned from the site. If anything that mod makes me the most excited cause as of right now he is drawing a lot of the chracters himself and that is cool
DarkGambitX
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DarkGambitX »

I didn't mean to be offensive but I just don't like that show. Sorry.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

VampiricS wrote:well my friend i packed it and renamed to BOR.PAK then selfbooted it in CDI format, and included the CDI2NERO and the nfo + common files, as for making an sbi of it... there's no real need i guess since it's nowhere near to be complete.

And i wanted to do a release of it when it will be completed using Dream inducer, a special theme an intro, and other extras... but that aint for today hehe.

My wife really liked it great work. Im coding a bor loader that will help out with mod selection.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

DarkGambitX wrote:Cool going to be better than that stupid Pizza Samirai Cats mod.
Hey hey is putting a lot of work into that, and making his own sprites, and he is doing a good job.

Sweet I can't wait to try this Mod, is there anyway to try it with the PC version. I am out of CDs :cry:
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Duuhhhhh I forgot about CDMage :-) This Mod is looking nice.
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Sweet I can't wait to try this Mod, is there anyway to try it with the PC version. I am out of CDs
Yes there's a way extract the file in the image take the BOR.PAK and use it with BOR.EXE.

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Yeah I forgot about the CDMage tool. I tried it and it looks nice.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Yay!!! I finally finished downloading this. It only took me three tries. This time, it took a grand total of 1 hour, 57 minutes, and 15 seconds to download, at an average of about 1.8 KB/Sec. I can't wait to finally test this bad boy out.

EDIT - I just loaded this up on my PC, and tried it out for a minute. All I can is "wow!". This is totally awesome. The only thing I was disappointed by, so far, was the lack of whip action. Other than that, I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. This is really an amazing mod. Nice work. I am really anxious to see the final, complete release whenever you get it finished.
DreamZone Forums

Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

That title screen is very nice indeed. That black and white look really gives it a somber appearance....like the granite of a tombstone where the letters of those dearly departed would be etched....brilliant. The screenshots alone are urging me to finish off Castlevania: Circle of the Moon asap (I don't know how long though....level 41 and approx. 86% of the castle uncovered). I never would have imagined a Castlevania BOR; but in all honesty, my first experience of Castlevania was at a Showbiz Pizza / Chucky Cheese when I was 8 years old playing the original Castlevania on an arcade unit. After so many years, it is nice to see it back. Keep up the great work!
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

I just loaded this up on my PC, and tried it out for a minute. All I can is "wow!". This is totally awesome. The only thing I was disappointed by, so far, was the lack of whip action.
UPDATE :

* Richter is now in my latest demo with all the whipping action you'll ever need.
* A second monster is now in (skullz).
* A first real boss has been added too.
* I fixed some collision in the the front panels.
* Started to include Maria in the playable characters

Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

VampiricS wrote:UPDATE :

* Richter is now in my latest demo with all the whipping action you'll ever need.
* A second monster is now in (skullz).
* A first real boss has been added too.
* I fixed some collision in the the front panels.
* Started to include Maria in the playable characters

That's so cool. You have done so much with this game, so quickly. This really is incredible. By the time you are finished, this is not going to resemble Beats of Rage in the least. You are doing some amzing things with this project. I am very anxious to see your next demo release.

EDIT - I just downloaded the new demo (I assume it's new. The CDI says it was created/modified on 3/1/04 at 12:59 am, so I think it's newer than the one I have). I will be trying it out on my DC when I get home this evening. This is so cool. I'm like a kid in a candy store, waiting to play all these cool new BOR mods.
DreamZone Forums

VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

Well i don't think that you can have access to the new demo... Well i did put a new
on e on the site... but it wasn't named the same way. but there's no real point in
trying a new version already... unless you're as crazy as me... i am wasting so much cds with that project hehe.

ok i renamed it like the old link now :

http://castlevania-rpg.tendoweb.com/rg- ... tlesod.rar

as usual you might need to right-click and then save-as to get it.

Ok a little update now:

* I am almost done with a background image with waving flame for the 1st boss
* added a better VampSoft Studios logo (useless tho)
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

well, i said i would definitely download this mod... sur ei will, but i don't want to spoil the surprise of seeing a mod in only an early beta stage !

guess i'll let this go on for a while and then download a version that will even more blow me away !

congrats dude, if anything those other guyus says is true, i can't wait to try this when the right time comes !
it's gonna be so sweet !