My B.O.R Mod ideas add yours.

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

My B.O.R Mod ideas add yours.

Post by law56ker »

Here are my ideas for some cool mods

Mystical Ninja Goemon
Ninja Gaiden
strider
donkey kong
alladin
final fantasy
final fight
a game with kunio and riki who stared in many beatem ups such as river city ransom
batman
golden axe
jurrasic park
beatem up mega mix, containing fighters from various popular fighters
loony toons
shaq fu 2
metriod
double dragon
toy story
dragon ball z
beavis n butthead
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage
Been thanked: 0

Post by DcSteve »

i think this topic is useless unless u are actually working on one-
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Actually I don't really think so others could see the idea and use it.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

maybe- but the best place for this topic- and maybe get good results, is in the bor forums :)
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I'd work on one 2 but I don't think i could, probably too difficult.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

law56ker wrote:I'd work on one 2 but I don't think i could, probably too difficult.
There's only one way to find out. Worst thing that could happen is you prove yourself right, but you might be surprised at what you can do when you try.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

You know I thought that too but beats of rage is pretty easy if your soso with photoshop. all the hard work os coded all you have todo is change backgrounds and characters so get to it
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

its not difficult to mod. For me, at 1st i didnt know how to rip things right- here is my order from worst(worst ripped) to best (best ripped)-

I am not releasing racoon mario or X or alucard because im not as proud of the work i did on them..
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

DcSteve wrote:its not difficult to mod. For me, at 1st i didnt know how to rip things right- here is my order from worst(worst ripped) to best (best ripped)-

I am not releasing racoon mario or X or alucard because im not as proud of the work i did on them..
Mario looks cool.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Going to be release a Bor mod loader soon that could be released as a sbi or on a cd and lets 4 mods load from a menu.
Dreamcast forever!!!
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

i like that idea for small mods- i think big mods deserve there own cd :)
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Ian Micheal wrote:Going to be release a Bor mod loader soon that could be released as a sbi or on a cd and lets 4 mods load from a menu.
If you make changes to the code, send it to Senile Team instead of releasing it yourself - just as a courtesy. I'm sure they'll appreciate the thoughtfulness. :)

EDIT: Unless of course, the "Bor Loader" is a stand-alone Dream-Inducer like app - then by all means, release it yourself.
Last edited by MetaFox on Sun Feb 29, 2004 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

The loader is not part of the bor engine. Only changes are path's. Which is the same as the bor engine included with my mod.

Testing it out throwing it together now.

Yeah thats right BRO it's a standalone dream inducer type thing that can be used from dream inducer.

:D
Dreamcast forever!!!
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

JEEZ, DCSTEVE!!!! Can you give me links to those hacks? I'd give ANYTHING to be Mario or Megaman!!! PLEASE!!! lmao.

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

my idea is simple, i will RIP SFA3 characters and make an SF mod out of it... i think it would be cool considering that at least now we'll be able to play the story in a way i, at least, always wanted to see !

yeah not uch to be learn, once you know how to rip and do things in your favorite paint program, it's easy t make yourself a mod for this...
in any case i don't know if it'll ever be release as a mod, so don't get hype.
but maybe one day it will depending on my servers and how they fair !
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

It's not hard to make a mod as in coding or high level thinking. But the hours in photo shop are, i spent 4 to 5 weeks on my mod and ripping each one by hand takes a lot of time.

I was new to photo shop and i cant work fast like others. Maybe it's easyer to make mods for other people but i find it quiet fustrating at times.
Dreamcast forever!!!
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

Ian Micheal wrote:The loader is not part of the bor engine. Only changes are path's. Which is the same as the bor engine included with my mod.

Testing it out throwing it together now.

Yeah thats right BRO it's a standalone dream inducer type thing that can be used from dream inducer.

:D
No prob, cuz. :P

This BOR craze has hit harder than I thought I would. It seems everyone and thier mother are making mods. :o
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I am actually getting into the Fray. I like it cause it lets us non coders produce something. My Idea might be to ambitious though. Seriously if there were more Homebrews we non coders code do things like this for it would be great.
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

Orange_Ribbon wrote:I am actually getting into the Fray. I like it cause it lets us non coders produce something. My Idea might be to ambitious though. Seriously if there were more Homebrews we non coders code do things like this for it would be great.
I remember reading somewhere when testing the waters for learning a programming language that the mark of a 'good programmer' is when someone else can look at the portions of the product appropriate for their skill level (and area of expertise) and immediately know exactly how to work with it. This is a generalization, but to me, it holds true when I see all of the modifications for BOR, and when I think back to all the activity going on with Duke Nukem 3D (PC) with regard to level editing and gameplay modification. If somebody wanted to change the "steroids" item notification to "you got drugs!", they could do it... If someone wanted to change Duke's sprite so that he was the Easter Bunny, the necessary tools were provided... The same goes for level editing, sound files, and all that. It's a great thing to put out a fun, fantastic game... but to include this level of figurative customizability opens up a whole other world!

I know next to nothing about programming in higher-level languages, but, my impression is that while it may take a substantial amount of extra work to achieve a 'user-friendly' level of game structure, it only goes to show how capable and considerate the developers are. Cheers to Senile Team!! And, er... 3D Realms. :biggrin:

law56ker, give it a shot! If you start on one, and it ends up being too difficult at the time, then you could try working on another (from another platform), and see what you come up with. It might be a little overwhelming at first, but of course if you stick with it, you can do it.
Alan Grant beating the snot out of a velociraptor would be funny! :lol2:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I know what you mean, I remember leading sailor moon into hell :D One thing thouth when you make a game it is like a child, or art, some programmers don't want to give us (the players) the ability to change his or her vision. Oh well, that is why I was hoping someone would pick up the KOF 2001 porting idea.

here is the Mod I am hoping to put together, along with a Simpsons Mod.

http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=46465