BEATS of RAGE TMNT MOD Demo now out.

A forum for news and discussion about Beats of Rage and its modification.
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Quzar »

Alexvrb wrote:
BaldMonk wrote:Believe me Ian, you won't go back to PSP... :)
After I catch up on my College work, I'll do the jewel cover for you... if you like. Original, or clipart :)
Some people are going to read that and think you meant Playstation Portable. Which is then going to confoosle them.
In order to un-confoosle any of those people, he meant Paint Shop Pro.
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

New screen shots

Here's some othere bits to look at.
Last edited by Ian Micheal on Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dreamcast forever!!!
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by aisupikku »

Beauty-ful, Ian! :thumbsup:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Hmm it looks cool it looks like the snes game.It whould be cool if u could throw togther levels from each version, genesis, etc..and some unique levels.
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

it's shaping up nicely. :)
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Ive compiled and edited the BOR dc port so i can add things to it as well and not just use the edit pak things are looking up!.Well i can make it so my mod will load from dreaminducer for example.I was thinking of changing the path so you can change it via a txt file. But it's not kos.See what i can do about that so you all can have many mods on a CD for example.If any one wants the edited makefile to compile it all you have to change is the sh4 tool chain path and it compiles.

what are some things people were thinking about changing while im at it.

Going to change the path of the bor engine for my mod so it makes it easy for SBI packs.

So any other mod author if you want a bor engine that loads your mod with a changed name or directory let me know ill do it for you.
Dreamcast forever!!!
VampiricS
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by VampiricS »

I guess that i am probably off topic a little... but i tried to use the wav2bor to convert the music files from .wav to .bor for a mod, but no luck, i made a batch file like they suggest in the tutorials, but still no luck... it takes like 2 seconds... no error messages, but no convert neither... anyone could help me out a little there ?

P.S. : oh... yeah i did it in DOS to be sure...
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

Hey Ian! NICE!!!!! Yo, sorry, but when you ARE done, I was wondering if you implement some kind of saving for Raph because beating the game EACH TIME would kinda suck, lmao. Oh well....I know I've asked this too much, sorry. Well, the neat thing you could do is make 2 costumes for each character like in BOR. Make 2P's costumes the SNES comic skins and it would be SO AWSOME. Just a thought, ok, friend???

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

...I would love to beg the question: How many peeps would love to see/hear some actual voice work in this Turtles Mod? I know I do!!! *preps vocal cords* If Raphael is playable later on, I can do the voice acting for him. (the Movie version of course) :) I know I'm going to be playing the beta when it comes out.
If you've got an ass, I'll kick it!
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I can rip some of the sounds from some of the VHS versions of the cartoons I have
--==--
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

I like the idea of using real voice sounds in this mod, could be tricky but well worth it though. What do you think Ian? Great job by the way, its looking awsome!
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

Tricky has nothing to do with it, it's the talent behind the microphone! :) Anyways, I'm working on a website for Ian so about the time that his beta comes out, the website will be online! We're going to be in for one big surprise!
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

Ian if you care to do this, I'd be happy to lend my voice.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Im working on the boss right now movement and it shooting it's gun ive got that working and people foot solders throwing stars etc. Working on the basics of the mods. If you want to do the Cowabunga and pizza time That would be cool hehe.

This project has taken over every thing i do it's addective .
Dreamcast forever!!!
kungpow12345
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by kungpow12345 »

lol impetus can handle that I'm sure of it
Sweater Fish
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Sweater Fish »

Ian Micheal wrote:Ive compiled and edited the BOR dc port so i can add things to it as well and not just use the edit pak things are looking up!.Well i can make it so my mod will load from dreaminducer for example.I was thinking of changing the path so you can change it via a txt file. But it's not kos.See what i can do about that so you all can have many mods on a CD for example.If any one wants the edited makefile to compile it all you have to change is the sh4 tool chain path and it compiles.

Changing the path where it looks for the PAK is fine (though it can be done without changing the source and recompiling anyway), but if you're planning on making any major changes to the source like adding running or new moves, please make your changes to the original DOS source. We don't want to break the cross-compatibility.

...word is bondage...
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Sweater Fish wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Ive compiled and edited the BOR dc port so i can add things to it as well and not just use the edit pak things are looking up!.Well i can make it so my mod will load from dreaminducer for example.I was thinking of changing the path so you can change it via a txt file. But it's not kos.See what i can do about that so you all can have many mods on a CD for example.If any one wants the edited makefile to compile it all you have to change is the sh4 tool chain path and it compiles.

Changing the path where it looks for the PAK is fine (though it can be done without changing the source and recompiling anyway), but if you're planning on making any major changes to the source like adding running or new moves, please make your changes to the original DOS source. We don't want to break the cross-compatibility.

...word is bondage...
Wasn't that something I was talking about a few weeks ago? I had mentioned simply changing the path where the bin looks for BOR.pak or changing the name of the pak file, so that you could burn multiple mods on one disc (you would use different bin files for each one, obviously). Someone responded to that and said that you would have to recompile it, etc. I was pretty sure that all you needed to do was hex-edit the bin file to do something like that. From what Sweaterfish is saying, it sounds like it really is that easy.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

as

Post by Ian Micheal »

Sweater Fish wrote:

...word is bondage...

Well you can make bosses and people throw weapons as it is. The Engine Bin will be for my mod. Not other peoples so it's not breaking any thing it would only load a mod named TMNT and look for a file TMNT.PAK so Unless some one calls there mod, that they cant use it. It was an offer to other mod makers For a path longer then "Bor.pak". Or named that if you hexedit it you cant change it to any thing over "3 letters"> or it would not work.Thats pretty dire Compile it and change it to what you want is much better since ive not seen any one compile it, I was told by the admin of Beats of rage site to go for it add what i want so i have pesudo permission.

curt_grymala wrote:
Sweater Fish wrote:

...word is bondage...
Wasn't that something I was talking about a few weeks ago? I had mentioned simply changing the path where the bin looks for BOR.pak or changing the name of the pak file, so that you could burn multiple mods on one disc (you would use different bin files for each one, obviously). Someone responded to that and said that you would have to recompile it, etc. I was pretty sure that all you needed to do was hex-edit the bin file to do something like that. From what Sweaterfish is saying, it sounds like it really is that easy.
I dont know never seen your topic on it sorry I dont read every topic On this forum. It's easy You change 2 source files I can post were if some one needs to know. After you hex edit it Ive never found it to Selfboot after And you cant change the char number of letters what use is that. So i think you would have to recompile it since People im in contact with are making mods and may- And want a proper Path for there mods or a few changes.

Adding running and weapons is easy, few lines to change to add. Some "good" coder can do it. Im Only changing the path and sample rate . Which helps my mod im doing. Might add some other things i dont know yet but Im compiling both the dos and dc versions so i can add changed to both Really does not matter and the Bor team are not updating it again thats it I was told this.

Im changing Attack pattens I have things flying around the screen shooting weapons throwing stars And much longer levels it's becoming very good mod. People will enjoy it.

Follows very much Turtles in time with a twist.[/i]
Dreamcast forever!!!
cagmere
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cagmere »

Nice, can't wait to play this.
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

me too, raphael is my favorite followed by mickey and then leo then donatello !

so if raph is missing i'll make damn sure to find it so i can use him !
by the way i'm a little lost...
which game are you modding to TMNT ?