UTOPIAN SOCIETY : Alpha Release

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Actuatally I can explain, or take a good guess at the Zero part. He had Billy Corgain (SP) as his old Avatar so I am guessing he is a smashing pumkins fan :-)
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

Yes orange, THE BIGGEST FAN. I Have a butt-load of all their albums. THanx for noticeing.

Intoxicated with the madness,
Im in love with my sadness,

Billy Corgan
ace
Forum ace
Forum ace

Post by ace »

good luck selling to the rest of the people who didnt post positively lol :roll:
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

yea, man, its just you should'nt use the term alpha release if there is no alpha version being released...

also, any answer to my status question? like.. what is done with it so far? has the online stuff actually been implemented or is it theoretical?
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pepitonet »

why make a thread of something being on"Alpha released" when you don't even have screenshoots,i would believe you a bit more if you were to say, this is what i am thinking and this is what i want to do and this is what have done up to now.Tha would get a very different attention from people , rather than bash you they would try to help you. :wink:
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Yeah I can't remember names, but I can remember SNs and avatars pics oddly. )()(
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

Dr.Kno wrote:You know what, everyone that has posted positive will recieve a free copy.
When I read this the first time I thought back to my childhood when other kids said: "You aren't nice to me! I want you to sorrow! I don't like you anymore, I share my sweets with other kids!"

Sorry if I am this honest, but if ZERO is a real company, you spread our philosophy a very unprofessional way.
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

Ok, Its Utopian Society,

a PC game.

Its still in production. I DO have Screen Shots, but dont know how to take them from blender to a jpeg or gif. Does anyone here know how.

It will be released to a selected few, because i will be running the server myself.

Thats about it.

The ZERO*HEROS
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

whats the current state, whats your role in the project and what it has to do with the dc? is a dc version envisaged? :?
http://blueswirl.fr.st - DC Online Tools and Downloads

thx to Wack0 for the avatar ;)
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

current state-

Were rendering the planets and scenery

my role-

i own the compnay-duh

DC playable-

one day, yes
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

Dr.Kno wrote:my role-

i own the compnay-duh
hmm so you "own a company" eh, why i have the feeling you try to fool us all...
you really dont look like a company owner, now that may be your definition of owning a company that differs.
still waiting for any proof...

Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

blender uses far to much memory and cpu power to be ported or play well But it was ported to Ps1 which i cant seem to compile You need the ps1 dev kit for example .

So this uses the blender 3d engine then?
Dreamcast forever!!!
Dr.Kno
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dr.Kno »

Yes, thats we weve started to use, but were having a lot of problems with it, if you have anything better, please tell us. Development is still in early stages and we can switch over to a different software, we would actually prefer to.

And speud, why the hell do care so much?!?

If i say i have a company, i have a company. Take it or leave it. Its not like its gonna hurt you or your rinky-dink site! You want more info-FINE!

Im 18, and ZERO is me and my best friends makeing our own video games for others to enjoy. If you dont wanna play, fine. But dont squelch our entusiasm or others, im not the first newb youve been a bitch to.

Just lay off.

PS-LordNikon has my back
Shapyi
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shapyi »

If you ever have an intent to sell anything to anyone it would be a great idea not to insult and alienate your target audience. Everyone has a right to question any claims someone makes, if you cant deal with that then why did you even bother posting about your game?
speud
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by speud »

plus you still didnt show anything concrete...
and what my site and lordnikon have to do in this story?? i dont have any clue.
what i meant by someone who doesnt look like a company owner is a company to me is something quite professionnal, and the way you act and talk about your project is everything but professional.
just an advice to everybody who has a bit of sense, dont preorder anything before you saw it running ;)

DarkGambitX
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DarkGambitX »

I think Zero's game is going to be good. From what he has said it sounds pretty spiffy.
Keva
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Keva »

i agree this sounds great any more online games are welcomed hope it all goes well and if you need anyone to test anything im always here :D
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

ok, let me first start by explaining a few things to the so called ZERO company !

first, when a game is in developpement and we wanna make it a success, promoting it is a gvery good start for it to be known... but in order to promote the game, it should have a few screenshots of it or even anything related as in what as or hasn't been done to it yet !

secondly to that...
ALPHA = First release not finished and not even considered a beta !
BETA = Finished products, playable till the end but needs to be bug fixed a lot !
REALEASE = actually means you are ready to give it to people !

as far as i am concern, you never even started to come in any of these categories. not even the promoting one since you can't backup your sayings with anything !

as for you making a company with GAME PROGRAMMERS, which do not actually know how to use PHOTO SHOP or PAINT SHOP PRO to change screenshots files to another formats, actually gives me the idea that you really don't know what you are speaking about !

so if you company is really existing, the best advice anyone could give you, is to actually learn how it works before saying anything to the crowd !
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

oh no... he's back...
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
blasfemaz
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by blasfemaz »

bleh. give the guy a break....

he made a mistake, fine. you dont have to rub it in.

you naysayers are just scaring away new developers. why anyone would want to make software for a crowd like you is beyond me....

dr. kno, thanks for working on a game for the dreamcast. ignore all the negative crap thrown at you. i am sure you'll make a fine game......