Quick question about nesterdc's game genie

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
deuce472
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Quick question about nesterdc's game genie

Post by deuce472 »

I was wondering if the filenames of my roms have to match the names given to the directories in dcfactory's nester march 10th release with 479 gg codes, for the codes to work. so for example, will the game genie codes work for super mario bros if the dir with the codes in it is named super_mario_bros and my rom is named smario.nes

thanks in advance for any help.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

Yes you can. I posted some info on the Game Genie function in here.

Here is a part of that info:
- When you select the system menu (x + right trigger) you will see the option Game Genie (under A).
- You will see the romselection menu screen, but this time with all the folders you put in the /genie folder.
- Now you must select the game (foldername) you want to use the code for. This means the romname and the foldername doesn't have to be the exact same name, because you must select it yourself.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images