Citadel Found!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Citadel Found!

Post by XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX »

To quote Hawq in a newspost at Consolevision

"Seems like those canny buggers at Rare left a surprise in there in the form of Citidel. You can check out the full story and see some shots here and read some more technical type stuff about it here thanks to tbag at Emuunlim for this info"

Also check this site out:

http://goldeneye.detstar.com/citadelfound/index.asp

and you need to put the code in, then load the cradle level for it to work :)[/url]
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

ahhh great memories. I just played GE the other day. best FPS ever!
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Quick question of preference: Goldeneye or Timesplitters? They were, after all, developed by a lot of the same people....
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Nico0020 wrote:ahhh great memories. I just played GE the other day. best FPS ever!
No doubt, hey! I never cared much for the N64, I just leave it at my dad's house... but we all played Goldeneye for a good 5 years or so. Yeah, you don't know how much we rallied. My uncle and dad are both deadbeats so they used to play it 24/7, I bet they're some of the best in the world. No joke at all. I don't know if I'm embarassed for them, or proud as a gamer. :lol:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

DaMadFiddler wrote:Quick question of preference: Goldeneye or Timesplitters? They were, after all, developed by a lot of the same people....
Goldeneye is much better, especially control wise and singleplayer.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

Hey XXXNINTENDOGURLXXX, I'm glad you posted this. I decided to check out detstar the other day coz it's my favourite site for GE, PD and Smash Bros. related content :mrgreen: and saw that on the main page. I was gonna post it, but forgot. Thanks for reminding me of it.

It's funny how much RARE tries to tell GS memory hackers that something doesn't exist in the game, then it is found eventually.

That's how the push button codes were found for GE.

When I read it on detstar I was like :o As it is a major achievement in the world of GE hacking. Det himself was sure it was never to be found. I'm glad everyone was proved wrong! :mrgreen:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Am I the only person who secretly thinks PD > GE ?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

scykon wrote:Am I the only person who secretly thinks PD > GE ?
Yes.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

when it comes to multiplayer then no, i agree. But GE's single player was better
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

No, but you can't 'be' bond and it wasn't out first which accounts for peoples preference for GE.

PDs single player was better than GE all the way up to the Carrington Institute level; after that it was wank.

GE also has extra kudos for being a film licenced game that isn't utter shit, thats probably why the name GoldenEye evokes such fond memories.

That's not to say EA won't do their very best to rape those fond memories we have anyway.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

PD's 00 level difficulty is stupidly hard. There's also my opinion that the level designs aren't as good, and a lot of them are made really big for no good reason - it adds nothing to them. And of course, this also means you get worse framerates then Goldeneye has.

I can't really argue GE has better multiplayer overall, but playing with pistols in Facility and a couple other scenarios I don't feel is matched in PD. PD, however, has such an enourmous amount of options I give it the edge without too much thought.
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

This also quotes my post in here guess it might be talked about more here though
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

PD's difficulties CAN be hard sometimes, but all I have to complete on my original is the last level on hardest :mrgreen: and have yet to get WAR from it.

But using an emulator I just cheat :lol:

I do like PD better in the fact that it was more advanced than GE, ie. talking, better cut-scenes, etc. But GE was just more appealing in the story itself. PD multi > GE multi. But they're still both fun, even today!

MulletMan13
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by MulletMan13 »

Hrmmm I think GE's multiplayer was much better, as it was based upon player skill instead of what gun you got. For example in Perfect Dark you set up a laptop gun as a drone, and that racks up kills. You get the FarSight and can camp all day long... guns were way not fair in that game, whereas in goldeneye there was much less of a spectrum of weapons and their firepower.

But the options in PD were staggering, and if less of an emphasis was on the guns it would win hands down... also if more GE multi levels were thrown in :D
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

MulletMan13 wrote:Hrmmm I think GE's multiplayer was much better, as it was based upon player skill instead of what gun you got. For example in Perfect Dark you set up a laptop gun as a drone, and that racks up kills. You get the FarSight and can camp all day long... guns were way not fair in that game, whereas in goldeneye there was much less of a spectrum of weapons and their firepower.

But the options in PD were staggering, and if less of an emphasis was on the guns it would win hands down... also if more GE multi levels were thrown in :D
There's a solution to that: set different guns. We typically disabled the farsight and laptop gun for those very reasons.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

I agree. If u don't like it, take it off! Farsight is a hell cheap weapon!

Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Lartrak wrote: I can't really argue GE has better multiplayer overall, but playing with pistols in Facility and a couple other scenarios I don't feel is matched in PD.
How about pistols in Felicity? :wink:
MulletMan13 wrote:Hrmmm I think GE's multiplayer was much better, as it was based upon player skill instead of what gun you got.
As was mentioned, the weapons cusomisability was far greater in PD than GE - also as for player skill vs weapon - a good player always made use of disarm, one of the best multiplayer FPS weapons ever imo.

I only wish more FPS games gave you an option of stealing someone elses weapon if you are unarmed and can strafe in close enough without being killed.