NOW what's wrong with the forum???

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by CoasterKing »

Falcon4 wrote:Who needs a swear filter. Everybody in the whole damn world swears. Nobody needs a swear filter for the wussy babies out there (especially one that changes F*CK to "Fudge"
The forum needs a swear filter for quite obvious reasons, eg some people are not comfortable with profanity, it saves the moderators a LOT of work and quite a few members read these forums at school or at work.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Lunchbox wrote::roll:
Never has the use of that smiley been more applicable.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Falcon4
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Falcon4 »

Yeah... fine. So some people browse the forum while in middle of a church, on the display screen. They could at least change f*ck to "f*ck", instead of "fudge", to preserve the initial intent (and avoid people going around the filter).

What really gets me is that WHOEVER did it without even a warning or notification (hence, the original thought that something, like usual, is wrong with the forum).

So who's gonna step up and say "Because we hate your damn guts, you flyboy asshole!"?
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

Because we hate your damn guts, you flyboy A-hole! :lol:

(only because you act like a complete idiot)
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Falcon4 wrote:What really gets me is that WHOEVER did it without even a warning or notification (hence, the original thought that something, like usual, is wrong with the forum).
Here's your warning
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Falcon4
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Falcon4 »

Oh, so I violated the swearing rule.

Someone come chop off my arm, I think I might have hurt someone's virgin eyes.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Add to that the ware rule, too. And the one about flaming.
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Falcon4 wrote:Let's stretch the rulebook and make this poor guy's life more of a living hell!"
Boy, I know if my sig didn't show up, I would certainly feel like my life was going in the crapper. :roll:

Deal with it. The admins made a decision. Yelling and getting pissed off at them is not going to make them change their minds. Even if they were wrong about it (which they are certainly not), it's their decision to make. That's why they are the admins. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. If you want to stay here, then you should get a new sig, and link it to a site that doesn't contain what the admins here consider warez.

Damn, get over yourself. :evil:
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
UnclePaul
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by UnclePaul »

Theres nothing I like more than someone who can admit when they are wrong :wink:
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Falcon4 wrote: I'm sure the rules clearly say "If you have anything to do with any country's military, directly or indirectly, these rules are null and void for everybody but yourself."
No, but I would assume somebody in the military had had the importance of obeying rules and regulations especially by 'higher ranked' individuals drummed into them ever since basic training.

Bypassing the swear filter is not permitted in 'proper forums' (note: null is not a proper forum) and is edited out from posts by any moderator who catches it.

Feel free to search all posts by myself in the off topic forum for "bypassing swear filter" if you still think you are some kind of special case.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

hehe one example is to avoid my post. swear galore.

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.