Idiots Guide to Burning Super Famicast?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
cube323
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Idiots Guide to Burning Super Famicast?

Post by cube323 »

Is there anyway that someone could post a simple guide to burning Super Famicast?

I've heard that it's best to use "selfboot" to create a disc image. However, what do I name everything inside the directory? Is the theme folder called pics like with Nester? Do I set up the super famicast directory in my "C" drive?

Please help if you can because trial and error isn't working out for me :(

Thanks
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

You want the super-easiest way to do it without a pre-made disc image? Go to http://www.sbiffy.com and read the tutorial. Then go into the 'files' section and download Sbinducr.exe and install it. Then, in the files section under 'Emus', download Sfamicast_V1_bO.sbi (believe that's what it's called) and save it to C:\Sbinducr\Sbi.

At this point, if you've read the tutorial you should be pretty well set. Click the barcode, and when it says 'Completed', add your ROMS anywhere in the Inducer folder before clicking a button to make a disc image.
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

easier even

Post by devilbane »

Nah. Easiest way:

DL the Nero Image
Burn with Nero 5.5
put roms on a seperate disk in a folder labeled "Roms"
Load the superfamicast disk, when you hear music press NO BUTTONS
remove the disk
insert roms disk
ENJOY the most impressive first release in HISTORY.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

The concept of disc swapping is dumb, regardless of Sbi.
kenfire
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by kenfire »

i used DssbsFinal to get mine working. its easy just download it from the needed tools section on the dcemulation website and if you have xp download the choice program as well. then unzip it to your hd and read the intsructions that come with it. then burn it with diskjuggler or nero. thats it.
SHORYUKEN!!!
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

burnerO wrote:The concept of disc swapping is dumb, regardless of Sbi.
It does mean that you can constantly update your ROMs, as every Dreamcast emulator I've encountered can handle multi-session discs just fine.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

Perhaps I'm just lazy then.
pharrellphoenix04
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by pharrellphoenix04 »

Does .smc files or other types work? or just .rom files....also does the 2nd disc with roms have to have the whole emulator also with it? (sorry so stupid) what folder do i put it in, or does it read auto

Thanks haha
you are the white version of a black man whos bad with his money - Family Guy
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

pharrellphoenix04 wrote:Does .smc files or other types work? or just .rom files....also does the 2nd disc with roms have to have the whole emulator also with it? (sorry so stupid) what folder do i put it in, or does it read auto

Thanks haha
It will try to load whatever file you want. I just hope it's a SNES rom because I don't garauntee stability if it's not. Your roms disk does not have to have the emulator on it. You can put your roms wherever you want. Also, swap disks before selecting "Select Game" because it does not check for a different while you are browsing.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

I played zip files on mine, and they were just fine. Don't worry Burner0 I am with you and seeing the point of haveeing a seperate rom disk.
Bad Brain
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bad Brain »

Scherzo, congratulations for the worderful job, but...

I can't burn Superfamicast! I've tried everything: got the plain files, selfbooted them, downloaded the nero and discjuggler images, but none did work...

When I try to mount the image in Alcohol 120%, it says that the image is a blank cd...

Maybe you or someone could help me? :oops:
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

Try using Selfboot Inducer, like BurnerO said. Use the built-in CDRecord GUI to burn your disc. There are tutorials on my web site for creating SBI's (in case you don't feel like downloading the SBI, when you already have the plain files), using Selfboot Inducer, and burning a DC disc with the CDRecord GUI within Selfboot Inducer.
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
Bad Brain
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Bad Brain »

curt_grymala wrote:Try using Selfboot Inducer, like BurnerO said. Use the built-in CDRecord GUI to burn your disc. There are tutorials on my web site for creating SBI's (in case you don't feel like downloading the SBI, when you already have the plain files), using Selfboot Inducer, and burning a DC disc with the CDRecord GUI within Selfboot Inducer.
It worked!!! :D

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!

Now I'm trying to guess why it didn't work the other way... :?: