Beats of rage version 1.0028 for Dreamcast version download

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lunchbox »

just tried it out, awesome stuff :mrgreen:
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

X525 wrote:is there a way to save?

i dont mind, i'll play through again!

but, curious if there is a way..
I dont think saving is supported.
Regards.

CyberMick.
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

Is there anyway of disabling 2-player mode when it comes to making your own mods? I'm thinking of making one, but the way I'm thinking about it, it wouldn't make any sense with 2-players...
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

This is really excellent stuff. Thanks to team Senile for the game and Neill Corlett for the port :D
elefas
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by elefas »

Awesome game. Brought me back to my schools days, playing SOR. One thing to mention, it lacks moves variety. The characters should have 1 or 2 special moves. If this is added up in a next version, it would be excellent! Very nice work, keep up. Long live homebrew.
__.:/|D|C|___eLef@s___|S|E|G|A|\:.__
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

btw... neill corlett = psf originator!
haven't had the chance to try this gem out...
just one q... is it full speed?
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

It's full speed alright. No slowdown what so ever. I had 9 enemies on the screen at most and still no slowdown.

Definately one of the best hombrew games I ever played. Thank you Team Senile & Neil for the ports.
djray
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by djray »

sweetness! love SOR! love beat-em ups in general!
will try this out on the weekend!
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

I just played this an its a goodun
i love the real big tall charachters, they've got a scary look about them,
that one with real tall legs or something :lol: and that whipman is a mean *******
only thing to make it perfect would be the knives and bars to pickup.
otherwise its an excellent port.

btw i burned it with nero6 after converting it with disk2nero and it worked first time
using TAO mode, DAO mode didnt work for some reason. :(
molotovwars
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by molotovwars »

the only "slow down" is using the big strong character, but that was intentional ofcourse, its hes the powerhead no way hes allowed to be fast, hmph. love the game
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

Okay, I'm into it. ^_^

First off; This looks to be pretty darn sweet. Pretty much as good as it gets, at current! Quality game, readily-available, simple procedure, and one of my favorites -- Official cover art, ready for printing. I haven't gotten my personal copy made as yet, but I'm definitely going to have it done soon.

Now, I'm extremely new to the "homebrew" scene, but, I was wondering... Is there any sort of centralized "homebrew standards committee"? I got to thinking about it while looking at the different covers for BOR, and recalling the Cryptic Illusion and Cyberdog Castle game covers, thinking "hmm. it'd be kinda neat of homebrew releases had their own cover art scheme and layout, like how the US/EU/JP regions had their own design."

If representatives from all of the top supporters of the homebrew scene got together and discussed things, that would be fantastic. I mean, they probably already do, but then, wouldn't we have the autarkic "www.dreamcasthomebrew.com" site available? :wink:

(actually, something about "homebrew" doesn't seem like a widely-adoptable term to me, personally... "Dreamcast Autarky" doesn't sound any better, but, if this committee were to decide on a new, official name for the "sector," I would be all up for it)

Note: Sorry for going off-topic in this thread, but, I got to thinking, and... was going to post a new topic, but thought that somebody might simply be able to refer me to someplace. :D
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

BlackAura wrote:The download speeds were pretty good here (4.3K or so over dial-up) until all you Americans woke up and got on the net. Then it dropped down to between 2.5 and 3.5K.
Woke up? I was probably still up. Sorry about leecherizing it with my cable. Speaking of which, thanks a ton for the mirror ZacMc!
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

The screenshots look freaking awesome. It is only too bad that I am all thumbs and coasters when it comes to burning, so it will probably take some time to get it going. However, it looked so good, I printed off the screenshots to take it to work at Electronics Boutique so that my friend can check it out. If we can only hold on to a Dreamcast (considering how cheap they are selling), I will try to showcase the game when my manager is away.

The Dreamcast. . . it is still thinking :!:

+

Special thanks to Team Senile and Neill Corlett for perhaps one of the most noteworthy releases we will see this year for the Dreamcast, both commercial and homebrew.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
dexter bip
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by dexter bip »

Damn!! I need to play this but there?s no way to burn it, it keeps showing an error message when opening the image...
DexBips.
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

/Offtopic

pfftt... I like my av better typoEDR
Image - typoEDR
Image - Skynet

:mrgreen:

Anyway, I too have yet to burn my plain files. I will SBI them, just don't know when...
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
typoEDR
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by typoEDR »

:o Hey, it's a snatcher, not a T-800. I have a place in my heart for both machines. :D

...finally got that wacky armadillo. Now I'm going to see if I can mod the game, but I haven't a clue where to begin. The Edit pack mentions nothing about the amount of characters you can use (I just want one, as in one player). Well, time to scan the official site forums.
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

bugaboo wrote:btw i burned it with nero6 after converting it with disk2nero and it worked first time
using TAO mode, DAO mode didnt work for some reason. :(
Hmm, anyone else tested TAO with Nero 6?
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

If you download the plain files, where do you put the "BOR.pak" file before you burn it?
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.
rastaman33
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by rastaman33 »

curt_grymala wrote:If you download the plain files, where do you put the "BOR.pak" file before you burn it?
in the same dir as the 1st_read.bin
curt_grymala
Theme Inducer
Theme Inducer

Post by curt_grymala »

rastaman33 wrote:
curt_grymala wrote:If you download the plain files, where do you put the "BOR.pak" file before you burn it?
in the same dir as the 1st_read.bin
The same directory as the 1st_read.bin, or the root directory of the CD? I am planning on making an SBI of the plain files, but I am not including the BOR.pak file with the archive (I have had a request for something simple like that). I need to know whether the BOR.pak file should go in the "Games" directory, which is where I am going to place the bin file, or if it needs to go in the Inducer directory (the root of the CD).
DCHelp - A Newbie's Best Friend
DC Evolution - Disc Images
DreamZone Forums

I Refuse To Help Anyone That Says They've Tried Everything.