another half life on ebay...

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

another half life on ebay...

Post by X525 »

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i never get bothered by these things, but hes gettin money for somethin he download and burnin it...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3074756204

to top it off, hes sellin 2 more copies

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

i've reported it, but nothings been done..
phatmatt
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by phatmatt »

and for $26!!!!!
? 2004
I Need 198 mre referals!
Please click HERE! Please sign up and activate your accont be clicking th link in the email. Thanks.
Aretak
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Aretak »

What an asshole. He's printed the covers off and photographed it like that so that people will think it's a genuine copy (which are supposed to be out there somewhere). That's why the bidding has gone as high as it has. :evil:
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

pffftt... If I wanted it that bad I'd just download it on 56k. That's right on 56k! I know my connection sux but why would anyone wanna pay that much for something illegal that the guy simply downloaded and burnt. Morons!

and oh yeah, it's illegal to download. I'm just saying, is all...
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
X525
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by X525 »

bids close to $50 :evil: :evil: :evil:
ssoosay
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

sucks

Post by ssoosay »

people like that on ebay should be kicked in. I bought half life on ebay for about ?5 because my burner always gives trouble, and i rarely get stuff like that to work, so i thought it was worth it. but at 40 something bucks thats just sick.

someone should email the people bidding on it and tell them he's a penis.
'YOU AIN'T NO REAL INDIAN! REAL INDIANS DON'T LOOK AND ACT LIKE A CRAZY FOOL!!!!!!! -MR T
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

It's been taken off now, so reporting it helped
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

I contacted one of them... He was thankful; He thought that a few "legit" copies were circulating, and that it was one of those.

Looks like the listing got taken down! Alright eBay! Hopefully the seller got their account revoked, or suspended, at least. I'm sure that nothing's stopping them from creating a new account and trying it again, but with you guys around, there's a good chance that none of the listings will last long enough for the sellers to get anything besides a bill for the listing fees. :mrgreen:
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Neopunk
DCEmu Uncool Newbie
DCEmu Uncool Newbie

Post by Neopunk »

yeah same here
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

These jerks DO learn... well some of em.

Post by devilbane »

I email and request they remove the items every time I see this crud. THEN I contact Ebay and report them. And if they use Paypal, I report it there too, and get their account frozen. Some of them remove the item immediately, apologise to all bidders, and admit they didnt know it was illegal. Some do it the hard way, and tell me where to put it. The Nester and Dreamsnes ones I report to Nintendo. THATS the evil thing. Imagining what Nintendo will do to these people. I mailed the half life buffoon several days ago. Here is what the jackass had to say:

"Dreamcast is now defunct. Nobody is making money from it anymore. I think a lot of people who bought Dreamcast consoles got ripped off because of how they went out.
I bought my Dreamcast for this game. Which was never released. So yeah I'm making money off it. But at the same time someone can enjoy adding this to their defunct system. And nobody is getting hurt."

My reply before reporting him to BOTH above parties, AND calling Valve?
"no... you are pirating an ILLEGAL game. You are breaking international laws. You are in direct violation of the millenium copyright act. You are apparently fully aware of these facts and simply dont care. THIS game being leaked and pirated is WHY Valve never released it to the DC publicly. YOU are part of the VERY PROBLEM you now lament. YOU do not own the rights to this game. YOU are NOT legally entitled to distribute it at all. It is NOT your work to be sold. YOU are not entitled to make any $ from it. And you could well face fines and jail time for selling it at all.

JUST thought I would let you know.
Have a nice day."

And now the item is no longer for sale. EVERYONE, please, KEEP REPORTING every SINGLE one of the assholes EVERY TIME you SEE them. We all report it, they all get shut down. Its a war. We may not be able to STOP it, but we CAN make a difference. Work together, and we can help take away some of the bad name emulation has picked up over the years from assholes like THIS!

Thanks!
-Bane
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

I hate that. I almost bought a game once and it turned out to be a CDR, even thought the item description said otherwise. I know the person who bought it too. I told him he should report it to ebay. Amazingly he didn't want to. I could understand it being an unrelease game ( I would buy a CDR of a game if itinterested me) but saying that it's an original copy when it's not, is just wrong. :evil:
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by devilbane »

I could understand it being an unrelease game ( I would buy a CDR of a game if itinterested me)
See thats part of the problem. ANYTIME someone pays $ for something that the seller doesnt have rights to sell, someone in the industry gets screwed. If this jerk got away with it, then he made $ at Valve's expense. If you BUY the PIRATE version of Half-Life, thats one copy on PC or PS2 or X-Box or whatever you DIDNT buy. AND he was cranking off the copies and selling them as fast as he could get the friggin things made. I mean if you think about it, its all the same thing. The folks that have PURCHASED these things are every bit as guilty as he is for making them. Even if they didnt KNOW it was illegal, buying it is a crime. Not knowing the law doesnt make it less criminal. And each time some jackass sells these things, it brings down the Dreamcast, from a legendary DREAM MACHINE that we all know and love, and makes it the PIRATE SPECIAL that so many people still view it as... if you love your DC, and you love what this site has been built to stand for, you CANNOT allow this crud to continue. Your friend didnt report the asshole? WHY DIDNT YOU? Its each one of the DC's loyal fans duty to chip in and help the community in any way we can. Can't code for shit? Offer assistance in the way you CAN. Donate time to stamping out vile sludge on auction sites. Donate a little $ to the super-genius' at work on the new dream apps! Donate a little passion to the community. Even if you do it quietly, and in a way nobody ELSE knows about, I promise, you will be happier knowing you DID.

-Bane
ambientdistortions
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by ambientdistortions »

Yea... during my biddig frenzy on about 21 or so Dreamcast games...I ran over one of those HL auctions (jaw drops) haha... I was like... that figures... burn and sell! Bastages! ;)

eBay obviously will not put up with it so... and it looks like if a report is made it's actually taken care of! :)
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

I understand what you are saying. But if I ever had the chance to buy an unreleased game that interests me, being an original or copy, I would buy it. An example ould be Castlevania Resurrection or Soul Reaver 2. Now you're porbably saying I should just buy the PS2 version of Soul Reaver 2, but wait just because there is a version of the game I want available on another system does not mean that I own that system. Yeah I did own several PS2s at one point but let's not go into waht happened to them. Even if I still had a PS2 I still wouldn't buy the PS2 version simply for the fact that the PS2 still has many games coming it's way were as the DC does not and I would like to increase my DC library. Eidos is not losing money by me not buying the PS2 version, they are losing MY money but not releasing the DC version which is the only one I would have ever spent money on to begin with.

What would you say about Castlvania Resurrection? It wasn't released at all on any console! If you were a Castlevania fan and had the chance to buy it and you could afford to buy it, would you?

As for Half-Life, I couldn't care less about that game since I don't really like First Person Shooters.

This does meean that I will buy every unrelease game out there. This also does not mean that I want to support warez, but if it''s the only way I can get it then so be it. That sucks for me because I am not just a gamer, but a collector, meaning I like to own the originals to all my favorite game series. I would love to get originals to these games but coming across an original copy of an unreleased game isn't something that happens too often now is it? To make matter worse sometimes there no copy at all. Besides, I'd report to ebay whenever I can.

If there was a way to stop people from getting bootlegs of commercial games that are available for purchase for for a console that is still alive (and it happens to be a console I like) I would stop them. An example would be the Gamecube. I would like for there to be a hombrew scence for it just like the DC has, but if in order to have that we would have to allow warez, then I would just forget about the whole thing.
popley
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by popley »

"It's only after we've lost everything, that we are truly free to do anything." Fight Club

http://www.geocities.com/nesterdcgamecodes
Keva
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Keva »

theres loads of half-life's all over ebay.co.uk
aisupikku
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by aisupikku »

devilbane wrote:each time some jackass sells these things, it brings down the Dreamcast, from a legendary DREAM MACHINE that we all know and love, and makes it the PIRATE SPECIAL that so many people still view it as...
You know, you are right. I was planning on getting rid of a Soul Calibur CD-R that I naively got ripped off for on eBay, by giving it to a friend that didn't have it. You know what? Forget it! You're right; I'm only contributing to the problem by doing that, and considering how much I despise the CD-R as it is, there's a funny thing about how long it's been able to sit around my room and not be destroyed. I suppose that part of me wants to keep it around to remember, but, if I can break it and recycle it, I might do just that. There's still a copy of PAL Fighting Vipers 2 out there somewhere because of me (from the same seller), and I can remember that with that one... to destroy.
I was about to say "I trust that someone's said something about it," but, no. I'll do it myself. Thanks Bane, you're a pretty good DC-scene motivational speaker. :)
« ˆˆ -ˆ-ˆ ˆ » [ Let's help! Trizeal DC ]
Midgey34
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Midgey34 »

This guy http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 3075462144 was selling Streets of Rage 4 aka Beats of Rage :o

Here's the item description:
Here we have a copy of Streets of rage 4 - Beats of rage on the sega dreamcast. I saw this game on a market stall in the USA and bought 2 copys. If you like the streets of rage series, you will truely love this game. I was so pleased to see that they kept the traditional 2d look, rather than going 3d. In all honesty, I did not even know this game existed, and genuilly thought this game was a hoax as the game is on a cdr, But it is 100%. This is probably the rearest dreamcast game out there. Im a big dc fan, and never once have i ever seen an advert, or even any mention of it. But it is a fantastic game, one that any dc games lover should not be without.

Disgusting simply disgusting. These pirates are getting faster and lower as we speak :evil:
Remember, the quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by devilbane »

I understand what you are saying. But if I ever had the chance to buy an unreleased game that interests me, being an original or copy, I would buy it. An example ould be Castlevania Resurrection or Soul Reaver 2
hmmm maybe you think you do, but apparently you DONT understand me. You understand the words maybe... but EVERY TIME you PAY $ FOR THIS p00p YOU are SUPPORTING the goddamn NO GOOD FRIGGIN PIRATE ASSHOLES that helped HURT THE DC so BADLY! You are QUICK to SAY you are a COLLECTOR! Well I daresay I am too. EACH ILLEGAL GAME ON THE MARKET HURTS THE VALUE OF THE GAMES THAT ARE LEGIT. Personally I couldnt care less about that part. The value of my collection is unfathomable by anyone measuring in $. As for your Castlevania Ressurection issue... DUDE... PIRATES DROVE A DAGGER INTO THE DC's SALES. MAYBE Half-Life WOULD have come out if there was less piracy. MAYBE THE DCII with DVD capability WOULD have come out, if there was less piracy! MAYBE your precious CASTLEVANIA WOULD HAVE COME OUT IF THERE WAS LESS PIRACY! And now you are so audacious as to tell us you ARE WILLING TO BUY PIRATED GOODS? Like I said, this is a war. You have to pick sides. If that's your view, you are NOT on the side of the Sega DC. You are it's enemy. So a rethinking on your part might be a good idea.
If there was a way to stop people from getting bootlegs of commercial games that are available for purchase for for a console that is still alive (and it happens to be a console I like)
I have said this until I AM BLUE IN THE FACE but I will say it AGAIN, so that newbies that missed me before like you can see it in plain english. THE DC IS NOT DEAD. THERE ARE NEW GAMES BEING RELEASED AS WE SPEAK. THE DC CANNOT DIE UNTIL WE LET IT. SO LONG AS THERE IS DEMAND FOR GAMES COMPANIES WILL KEEP RELEASING THEM. X-BOX FANS SAY THE DC IS DEAD. I SAY SHUT UP AND PASS ME "DC Psyvariar 2" and the "Puyo Puyo Fever" CUZ THE GREATEST CONSOLE EVER MADE IS NOT DONE YET! We have the ability to KEEP the dream alive. And it's our responsibility to fight for it. You are either with us, or you are part of the problem. You buy illegal copies of ANYTHING, and you know what? YOU are the ENEMY. Get used to it.
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

UPDATE...

Post by devilbane »

speaking of assholes, you have GOT to see THIS p00p

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

"i personally duplicate this game and print the original pre-launch cd+case covers. the game itself contains half-life (full game) + blue shift."

never seen a friggin assinine con artist so PROUD to be a piece of p00p before this guy...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3075768133

and look FAST I predict after this he will vanish repidly...