Super Famicast V1

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Post by Ian Micheal »

Naw Put it on your site it helps with costs you have to fork out for some thing you do for free. I have one on my site as well. I was spending $30 a month to do programing for dreamcast stuff Now with the coders cable i dont spend that much or close to it buying 50 pack cdrs i would go throu 50 a month before.

It think it's a good idea scherzo :D
Dreamcast forever!!!
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Paypal

Post by devilbane »

hey when I sugguested Paypal button for your site, it was purely so that those that WANT to help you out, but lack the level of sophistication to offer other support, still have a venue to aid in SOME small way. You just GAVE us version 1 for FREE. Anyone that tries to say you are looking to turn a proffit would be an idiot making unfounded accusations. As far as it being a pandora's box...

I have been uninvolved in anything at ANY site/message board since the middle of last year. Mainly because people prove my theory that most are worthless buffoons correct far too often. If you add a donation button, I have no doubt whatsoever, SOMEONE will be assinine about it. I still recall how many idiots moaned and fussed about 007Cheater's pop-ups when he implemented them. But the bottom line is: MOST of your site's visitors are currently generated by THIS site's patrons and posters. Therefore MOST of your visitors DO have a degree of intelligence NOT found on the average internet forums. I PROMISE, for every ONE assinine jerk you encounter, there will be TEN worthwhile FRIENDS to back you up. The problem Pandora had with her box was that she was alone and couldnt close the thing. All you do is say you need help, and you will not face ANYTHING alone. And I would bet near anything there will be SEVERAL high profile folks on the board you DO see everyday, that you DO know by name, that will agree with me 100% about THAT.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

scherzo, maybe here after a few days I can make you a layout for your site. I have to get some of my old programs back, I just formatted my computer last night, so maybe later on this week...
--==--
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

OK, I just added a "Donte" page to the site. There's a little essay on the page that kind of explains my reasons for putting it there. Donte, don't donate... it's cool with me.
Saiyan Eye wrote:scherzo, maybe here after a few days I can make you a layout for your site. I have to get some of my old programs back, I just formatted my computer last night, so maybe later on this week...
I'd be willing to look at your layout when you have it ready. I feel a little strange about let someone else design my site though. Well, actually, you see I'm not a very artistic person, but I do consider myself a DHTML JavaScript master (my friend Katchei would have just given me 3841 ego points right there). If you'd like to give me the layout and let me implement it then I would be happy. Writing webpages and JavaScript is like a vacation for me. Good stress releiver. I didn't want to spend too much time on the site right now, that's why it looks so simple.
politoe
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by politoe »

I'd be willing to look at your layout when you have it ready. I feel a little strange about let someone else design my site though. Well, actually, you see I'm not a very artistic person, but I do consider myself a DHTML JavaScript master (my friend Katchei would have just given me 3841 ego points right there). If you'd like to give me the layout and let me implement it then I would be happy. Writing webpages and JavaScript is like a vacation for me. Good stress releiver. I didn't want to spend too much time on the site right now, that's why it looks so simple.
\
I think your current layout is cool the way it is. Simple is always best.
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by devilbane »

scherzo, my current DC collection includes about 45 Sega brand VMU's, 8 NON sega brand VMU 1X, and 10-12 odd 2X, 4X and 8X of assorted brands. I have 4 of the Mad Catz, 2 Starfire, and 3 Pelican lightguns, and 3 DC Mice, all Sega Brand. If you require the loan of ANY of them, all you need to do is ask. And I believe you know how to best contact me amigo. Rock ON!
Quzar
Dream Coder
Dream Coder

Post by Quzar »

why so many vmus?! hebby jebby! you could store confidential documents on there ! .... that would be awsome!

is there a device that you can plug a VMU into that hooks to the computer? not one for a special vmu but for any vmu. I would love to add a drive to my PC under my floppy drive for VMUs and buy a bunch =P
"When you post fewer lines of text than your signature, consider not posting at all." - A Wise Man
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

VMUs

Post by devilbane »

Well I own about 140 or so US DC games and several Euro and Jap ones too, so I do need several. But I am also a collector, so I have 2 blue, 2 green, 1 red, 1 yellow, and about 5 white, all still sealed in original boxes. Then I have a VMU for each of 10 PSO charcters I have built up over the years, as well as the Capcom vs SNK 2 game saves (You can only fit 6 replays on a 1X card you know) and pretty soon some of my sealed VMUs start to be tempting to pull out and use, lol! Then I have 1 for Nester, 1 for SMS Plus, and I keep one for Playa playlists... basically I guess you could say I am a hella DC kind of person... and when I see VMUs and such for sale (NEW and sealed) in bargin bins, I tend to be tempted...

and DAMN I just got WAY WAY off topic... so I will wrap this up ON TOPIC... SuperFamicast oddity:
MY "Ranma 1/2 Hard Battle" in ENGLISH does work the EMU... but other people report it locks up. My Castlevania Dracula X locks up, other people say it doesnt. So I suspect that with the Jap roms that are patched may be the cause. Maybe need to compile WHAT IPS patch DOES work on each one... I will search my records for what patch I used on each game... if I can go back that far... and on a side note, Super Robot Wars 4... RUNS FANTASTIC! EVEN WITH SOUND TURNED ON!!!
pepitonet
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by pepitonet »

quzar wrote:why so many vmus?! hebby jebby! you could store confidential documents on there ! .... that would be awsome!

is there a device that you can plug a VMU into that hooks to the computer? not one for a special vmu but for any vmu. I would love to add a drive to my PC under my floppy drive for VMUs and buy a bunch =P
actually there is one device that does that, i got it long ago from EB it is call 5 in 1, it allows you to back up your saves for several systems, i would have to go look in my storage place to see the manufacturer and/or take a pic of it.
Hilltopper
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hilltopper »

Has anyone else noticed that the framerate shown is really off. It chanes based on what you have the frameskip on, but it actually decrease the higher the frameskip. Also auto frameskip doesn't work very well. I discovered that setting frameskip manually, usually 1 or 2 makes games run much smoother. Some games even run nice with sound on with these settings. By nice I mean 50%plus speed. Somewhat playable but still annoying. Without sound these games run really well, bery playable. I'd say that with a bit more speed, this emulator will be at least equal with the current version of DSNES. Oh, and the sound quality is nice, but I noticed on same games, that if a note is held for a long period of time, it begins to become distorted, like its fading from high to low pitch or something. very strange. Anyway, I'm just reporting what I found from testing games. I hope this helps, and please post any questions you have.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Has anyone else noticed that the framerate shown is really off. It chanes based on what you have the frameskip on, but it actually decrease the higher the frameskip. Also auto frameskip doesn't work very well.
Actually, that is correct. If you're skipping frames, you're drawing far fewer frames, so the FPS counter will of course be lower.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Wow, That is a great first release. I wasted about 2 cds but I got it to work (for some reason my first two atemps would freeze at the DC logo (the first one) and it would take ten mins or so for it to go into the CD player on the DC. Oh well I guess third time is a charm. I can't belive you got full speed without sound on the first release. I can't wait to see what you come up with next.
sheng
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by sheng »

Hilltopper wrote:Oh, and the sound quality is nice, but I noticed on same games, that if a note is held for a long period of time, it begins to become distorted, like its fading from high to low pitch or something. very strange. Anyway, I'm just reporting what I found from testing games. I hope this helps, and please post any questions you have.
I have the same problem when playing Zelda on DreamSnes, some time the sound is normal than it changes to low or no sound when your fighting and back again later.
Dream on
Ian Micheal
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Ian Micheal »

Emulation is not running fullspeed the sound will not sound right. Depends any way.
Dreamcast forever!!!
Dutchdude
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Dutchdude »

Very impressive emu! I hopethe next release wil have PAL support (50 Hz output).

Keep up the good work dude, It's very apriciated :)
TerrorShocked
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by TerrorShocked »

I just made a mirror of the files over at Ngemu. Be sure to check it out over at:

http://www.ngemu.com/dc/superfamicast.php
Boo!
SupraMario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by SupraMario »

Great work! How long has this project been going on? This is the first I've heard of it, as far as I know.

EDIT: Yeah, I found the information on it. Didn't know it was called Famicast.
TheGloaming
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TheGloaming »

For those of us not swimming in CD-Rs, (me), is this worth burning now, or would I be better off sticking to dreamsnes for now until the next release?

P.S. thank you scherzo for all your hard work!!! i had been praying for some development in a SNES emu and then you come out of nowhere in no time with a really good (if the acclaim so far is of any indication) first release! I really wanna try it, someone tell me if its worth the CD-R, cause....eh..money is tight, and so are the blanks.
If I had something witty and/or intelligent to say, I sure wouldn't put it here. Ha!
impetus
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by impetus »

burn it now. :)
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by emptythought »

The Super Famicast emulator is really nice, but at the moment, DreamSNES is quicker. Super Famicast a little bit better compatibility rate though.