Super Famicast V1

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
emptythought
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by emptythought »

You can selfboot the plain files using Selfboot (already explained in one of the topics).

Haha, sbiffy them... You mean make an SBI of them.
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

Downloading now!

BTW, I just realized that I had bass boost up on my speakers the whole time I was writing the music track. :oops: In other words, everyone turn their bass boost up and the menu music should sound 500% better.

I'll have to send Scherzo a properly eq'd track for the next release.
Win95, noun: A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit GUI for an 8 bit OS running on a 4 bit processor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

nono Selfbootify, not SBI.
V. to make a binary self bootable.
:P
hrb2k3
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by hrb2k3 »

great work on this emu. it loads and plays a few games that dreamsnes doesnt. albeit 05/60 fps. the games are street fighter alpha 2 and doom.
DC FoReVeR.!!!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Yes but those things use like two 10Mhz DSPs (each cart has two of the chips in it) in addition to the SNES hardware. But it does have better compatibility, as the newer Snes9x it is based on does.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

My god this has been a good week for gaming in my house hold. My GF just gave me Beyond Good and Evil
I got Brave Shot and Pit Fall on my Cell Phone
and Now Super Famicast version 1!!!! I can't wait to play this on Thursday. I liked how the DCEMU Boards were thanked for getting the BBA. That was cool how a bunch of people came and gave, and refused (for the most part) and of the money back in return.
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

DcSteve wrote:NICE!! And that was the LAST thing implemented in dsnes, you are sensational at this, best wishes and good luck!
That's because the DreamSNES C4 C-core source was contributed back to Snes9X. It builds out of the box in the latest version of Snes9X.
sqrt(-1)+1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sqrt(-1)+1 »

|darc| wrote:
WillSams wrote:Nah, I don't think it had sound until the Valentine's Day release. I'm not sure on that, though. It's been so long.
I'm positive 0.9.4 had sound. I know DSNES 0.9.2 had sound, but I don't know about the initial release.
The first release had sound.
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

New game issues list for superfamicast.

Post by devilbane »

I tested about 270+ roms, and had a few that didnt work at all. I listed them at the man of the YEAR'S site http://www.sch3rz0.com/superfamicast/reportbug.php

And by the way, why am I not allowed to log in as ME anymore? I mean... I am gonna miss my underscore... jeez I go away for a couple years...
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

Try the roms with sound on. Mario RPG and Super Metroid only booted for me with the sound on.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Very nice! I've only had the chance to play with it for about a half hour (damn homework... who would have thought English majors have to read so much :roll: ) but I'm impressed. I wouldn't have expected screen adjustment, manually selecting the frameskip etc, let alone the fact that the speed is already pretty damn good. Keep up the good work! :kiss) er... I mean :D
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

Great work! Haven't gotten to play much (selfbooted it with a handful of ROMs) , but I tried Earthbound...looks good. I'll try it w/ sound later.

Later!
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
devilbane
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Well, THAT did solve 2 problems!

Post by devilbane »

I stand CORRECTED! I was (VERY HAPPILY) WRONG! Out of 271 roms, 35 were nonfunctional! Metroid and Mario RPG ARE 100% COMPATIBLE! Plus Star Ocean too! I am tellin ya, THIS is the FINEST first relase in the whole HISTORY of first releases... If anyone cares to correct me on any of the otehr 35, PLEASE, tell me how WRONG I am about them, I could NOT be happier about it!
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

Damn I cant wait to try it.
CyberMick
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by CyberMick »

Thanks for releasing the V1 of this emu its gives us a taste of what to look foward to in later versions great work scherzo good luck with the updates. :)
Regards.

CyberMick.
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

Man!!!!!!! Great work Scherzo! I love the menu! I love the look! I love the speed!The most games are fullspeed using frameskip 1 some need frameskip 2 or more.

The FPS counter seems not to work correctly if you set frameskip to 0 it shows 60/60 fps although the game runs more slowly.
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
I.M. Weasel
Iron Muskateer Weasel

Post by I.M. Weasel »

is schezero a name of a of a wizard from the tale of the arabian nights?
:arrow: http://tofuheavyindustries.com
Mac Dream Tool / Mac Dream Tool Services (released Sept. 2019)
Creator of Various awesome Video Games

"You don't have to be forgiven. Clint Eastwood taught us that."
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I.M. Weasel wrote:is schezero a name of a of a wizard from the tale of the arabian nights?
Maybe, but I chose Scherzo as my nick since I like classical music and a scherzo is a type of classical piece. It means "joke" in Italian.

Hey, a couple people have requested that I put a PayPal donation button on the site. I'm not sure if I should. It's tempting... not because I want to make a profit off of Super Famicast, but because working on it takes away from the time I could be working on freelance projects for money. Also, I had to upgrade my web hosting account to handle the increased bandwidth. I also bought superfamicast.com but there's a technical problem that is preventing me from setting up addon domains on my account that hopefully my hosting company is going to fix tomorrow. Then you'll all be able to go to http://www.superfamicast.com. That'll be cool. Anyways, about the donations, do you think I'm opening up a Pandora's Box if I put a donation button on the site? This feels a little different than the donations for the BBA, which, by the way, REALLY really helped. You have no idea how much. Any comments, positive or negative, is appreciated. I guess, I'm basically asking for the scene's permission. :)
Xenn
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Xenn »

Go for it... donation = money people feel like giving. As long as you don't threaten to quit or slack off if people don't give you cash.
Lunchbox
1337 Food Container
1337 Food Container

Post by Lunchbox »

just put the PayPal button on the site :thumbsup: