Official Super FamiCast WishList

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Alexvrb »

Lavalord wrote:A IPS applier like Zsnes has... maybe in a dedicated Folder
Like */Roms/X.smc and */Ips/x.ips .... general idea.
Why? Keep a copy of the original, and use a standalone (on your PC) IPS patcher to patch a copy. Of course some patches are distributed as .exe now, so you wouldn't even need a patching program, they do it themselves. Regardless, there's really no reason I can think of to include this.
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

nakamichi wrote:MrOwNeY4mKaOs,why can't you give a DOWNLOAD link,I hate streaming :(

Also,thanks for the link,Rigor Mortis.
oh .... here it is >_<

http://members.cox.net/k-aos/aznk-aos%20Owney%20ft.mp3
<--Baby T Lo FiHi fi
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Hmph,...Mark Andrews,even the other site does not work :(
What a shame...
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

MrOwNeY4mKaOs,your girlfriend can really sing :)
But the male singing with the melody sounds is kinda "off" (sounds detuned)
This song is NO WAAAAY for Super Famicst,by the way :)
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

nakamichi wrote:Hmph,...Mark Andrews,even the other site does not work :(
What a shame...
WTF? How did I violate their terms of service? The Assholes!

Edit: The Geocities site is down because they don't want you just storing files. F***!!!! I guess Angelfire is the same way. Geez, I need alternatives!
Win95, noun: A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit GUI for an 8 bit OS running on a 4 bit processor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

Hey scherzo, I've got another track ready. Geocities and Angelfire don't work for hosting, so would you like me to email you what I have?

Now that Geocities and Angelfire are down, if anyone here can host some music files, please PM me your email address.
Win95, noun: A 32 bit patch for a 16 bit GUI for an 8 bit OS running on a 4 bit processor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Free hosting, as a rule, really sucks these days.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I think custom VMU screens for individual games would be 1337 :D
--==--
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Saiyan Eye wrote:I think custom VMU screens for individual games would be 1337 :D
Unless you want to make creative XPM's for over 1,000+ games, be everyone's guest :)
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I can do some, but, 1000+...NO WAY... :lol:
--==--
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Actually there is a nifty little utility that converts 2bpp bitmaps into an XMP within a header file. I can't recall where it's at though. All it would take is fighting a pic good enough that would retain some likeness for each game in question. For example: for Final Fantasy, a cool XPM of as fighter or a mage would look cool :) The emu will be open source eventually so if someone would make some XPM's I'm sure someone could plug it in. But that all depends on what Scherzo is doing with the VMU screen at the moment. )()(
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I'm doing nothing with the VMU's LCD right now. I'll probably put some diagnostic info on there in the near future. I'll leave the possibility open for graphics and such.

UPDATE: Everything is coming together now. I just added the ability to switch themes without restarting. So you can have a whole bunch of themes on the cd and choose your favorite one. When you save your settings, the current theme is kept track of.

I also fixed numerous little bugs and unpolished features.

The first release WILL support menu music and the chosen format is OGG. The music will be configurable through the theme XML file so that each theme can have it's own tune to go with it.

I still can't get over how nicely Super R-Type runs without sound on auto frameskip. It's smooth.

The "Adjust Screen" option is in both the on-screen menu and the main options menu. This way, you can stretch the screen while looking at either a frame from an actual game or one of the theme backgrounds.
nakamichi
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by nakamichi »

Way to go,Scherzo.
You really know what's the best. OGGs rule! :)
And the multi-theme selector kicks ass too.
Just to finish my track and...mmmm...
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Possibly the nutty idea of keyboard and mouse support? I got so used to playing snes titles with a keyboard it would seem slightly odd to play it any other way, I'm sure there are others out there like that. And mouse support for Mario Paint, I mean, come on, who didn't like the fly smashing game?
A few fries short of a happy meal.
cky2k3
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cky2k3 »

I can't wait to see this in action scherzo its gonna rock :D

I agree APE mouse support would be really cool for games like mario paint and cannon fodder
Skynet
DCEmu T-800
DCEmu T-800

Post by Skynet »

And mouse support for Mario Paint, I mean, come on, who didn't like the fly smashing game?
lol, there was a game show in Australia that was very Nintendo based. It really didn't have anything to do with Nintendo except that the desks that they stood behind were big-ass SNES control pads and at the end they played a game. Generally the game was either the fly swatting game from Mario Paint, collecting bananas from Donkey Kong Country or collecting coins in Mario Kart. It was too see who could swat/collect the most flies or bananas/coins. Whoever won got a GameBoy, then as the show lasted longer and it came out, they got an N64. :lol:
Live gamertag: SKYNET211

Steam gamertag: SkynetT800
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

APE wrote:Possibly the nutty idea of keyboard and mouse support? I got so used to playing snes titles with a keyboard it would seem slightly odd to play it any other way, I'm sure there are others out there like that. And mouse support for Mario Paint, I mean, come on, who didn't like the fly smashing game?
I loved that game! Such fond memories.

Nice work scherzo I really like the idea of being able to switch themes without restarting. Oh and for the VMU you could have the logo of the game you are playing, I know it sounds almost rediculous but it would get more people into the community (people to design the logo for each game). Or possibly even framerate and graphics settings. Nothing to worry about now as you said, just some ideas. Way to go :thumbsup:
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

Hey Scherzo, can you make the music tracks loopable? My latest track consists of 2 files - an intro designed to play during a splash screen, and a main section designed to loop.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

I won't be playing any music during the splash screen. The reason for this is because the rest of the theme is loaded while showing the splash screen and the track skips because then two things are being read off the CD simultaneously. I wanted to play music during the splash but the functions KOS provides for playing OGG files is pretty simplistic and doesn't allow me to buffer a big chunk of the music which I would do before loading the theme. I could probably copy some code out of KOS's source and make it do what I want to do but it's not worth it right now.
Rigor Mortis
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Rigor Mortis »

scherzo wrote:I won't be playing any music during the splash screen. The reason for this is because the rest of the theme is loaded while showing the splash screen and the track skips because then two things are being read off the CD simultaneously. I wanted to play music during the splash but the functions KOS provides for playing OGG files is pretty simplistic and doesn't allow me to buffer a big chunk of the music which I would do before loading the theme. I could probably copy some code out of KOS's source and make it do what I want to do but it's not worth it right now.
Ah, ok. Just ignore the intro I emailed you then, it's not necessary.