SNES Dreamcast Cover art

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
rbenchley
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SNES Dreamcast Cover art

Post by rbenchley »

I've been doing some work making Dreamcast covers for SNES games. With SuperFamicast's single game feature, it would be kind of nice to have a nifty cover to go along with your CD. As of right now, I am using the Dreamcast DVD template, as I prefer DVD cases to CD cases. Does anyone have any strong opinions regarding DVD covers vs. CD covers? I could make covers for both types of cases. Anywho, here's a link to a Chrono Trigger cover I've done some work on. It's not quite finished, but it's pretty close. Be sure to give me feedback, whether you love it or hate it.

http://www.geocities.com/r_benchley/chronodc.png
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

403 ... forbidden.

Anyway... Cd > Dvd (IMO) I mean Dreamcast games are in cd cases... makes it feel more realistic than homebrew.
rbenchley
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by rbenchley »

Sorry about the crappy Geocities link. When I've checked it tonight, the link has been valis about half of the time, and come up 403 the other half. I'll move the files to a new site soon. For now, try copying and pasting the link directly into the URL locater bar. I just want feedback at this point. You think that I should go with a CD style cover, rather than DVD? I'm really fond of DVD style cases, but I could focus on CD style covers fo anyone who might be interested.
Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
-George Carlin
rbenchley
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by rbenchley »

Honesty may be the best policy, but it's important to remember that apparently, by elimination, dishonesty is the second-best policy.
-George Carlin
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

rbenchley wrote:Try this link instead:
http://rbenchley.freeservers.com/chronodc.png
That time it worked. :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
rbenchley
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by rbenchley »

I created a quick and dirty index page to display links to couple of other covers I'm working on:

http://rbenchley.freeservers.com/index.html
-George Carlin
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

Nice nice nice nice... a cd case would be great too... not necessary though... and how bout a cd label?
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Lavalord wrote:Nice nice nice nice... a cd case would be great too... not necessary though... and how bout a cd label?
Mastakilla already made an awesome CD label, the webspace he had it on is down.