For a more friendly comunity

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
dr apocalipsis
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

For a more friendly comunity

Post by dr apocalipsis »

What's about dreamsnes it's late for new releases? Please, be more friendly with the newbies. It's all that the Dreamcast scene has now, their users. I don't care how long Dreamsnes will take for the final release. If i have to wait 3 years i'll do it. Please be patient and one question: It's Dreamsnes open source? Can anyone else try to improve the code and help the authors?

sorry about my english, i'm from spain.

And say No to the War

http://www.drapos.tk
Hilltopper
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hilltopper »

Ummm....DreamSNES isn't opensource. There is an open source snes emu in the works by schrezo, so wait for that.
RayQuaza
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by RayQuaza »

Just give your support to schrezo, In time his snes emu will be better than dreamsnes.
I am the sleeping dragon god of the skies.
I am the only true master of the pokemon.
I AM Lord WARQUAZA!
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

RayQuaza wrote:Just give your support to schrezo, In time his snes emu will be better than dreamsnes.
I'm all for scherzo, but stfu, pok?freak. :evil:
RayQuaza
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by RayQuaza »

What's the matter asshole?! Too good to act like a normal person?
I AM Lord WARQUAZA!
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

If you're going to flame me then do it in a pm. Don't disrespect the Dreamsnes team and don't be a baby.
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

Well i cannot agree more on this !

by what i heard around, even sherzo's emulator won't be better then DSNES itself !

they have came a long way up...
its gonna be hard to defeat !
so i wouldn't think, just now, that sherzo's emulator would get better.

disrespecthing the authors of dsenes is another way to make sure they wouldn't want to go on for a community that barely wants them to !

so i say, look for both emulators, take the one that is good for you, but don't get on any of them, they both look great for what they became !
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by karsten »

we have to support people that are working on something.

DSNES team appears to have ceased the support without saying anything, so i don't see why we shouldn't support scherzo with all our might.

he at least give what he's doing, and proceed FAST.

He's already started working on sound emulation! :o
I'll create a monument to non-existance! -Kefka, FFVI
http://www.auritech.com
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Psychlonic »

Go Scherzo! Go Scherzo! Go Scherzo!

Oh, and uh... you too DSNES team...
RayQuaza
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by RayQuaza »

Skater_dusto

First of all you stupid ass you attacked me and you did it so everybody can see it! so don't give me that pm you garbage and more important don't sit there at your damn computer pretending you know how I feel toward the dreamsnes people, I'll support them again when they give me a reason to support them.

And if you got a problem with me saying support Scherzo and his emulator then that's your damn problem and you will just have to live with it, you opend the door by insulting me so now I insult you by calling you an asshole and all other cuss words in the book.
I AM Lord WARQUAZA!
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Dreamsnes gave you guys an emulator already. Even Scherzo would tell you to not disrespect them. I don't agree on never updating or saying that they're alive either, but I don't come onto their forums and act like a greedy 5 year old.

Again, I'm all for Scherzo and I'm not the greatest coder. But I do know that sound emulator is the biggest milestone of all. Getting the rest of the emulator coded doesn't take years. Just because he's already working on the sound that doesn't mean we're going to see a full speed release in the next few months. Maybe not even in a year, who knows. He's a great coder, but things do come up in real life and he probably won't be able to work this hard forever. I'm not saying that we shouldn't support him, but you are a sick bunch to just drop faith in the Dreamsnes team. It's one thing to do it behind closed doors, but to bitch and snivle in their forum is not something that should be justified.

And Rayquaza, you're a moron on contributes nothing to these forums besides constant whining and idiocy. Search your last posts and you'll agree.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

RayQuaza wrote:Just give your support to schrezo, In time his snes emu will be better than dreamsnes.
Complete and utter disrespect. Marcus, Peter and the rest of them should all smack you in the face. If you don't have anything contructive, or even remotely intelligent to say then don't bother posting. No one's listening.
RayQuaza wrote:What's the matter asshole?! Too good to act like a normal person?
I don't see how I'm 'too good' to act normal. I'm not riding on my high horse or anything of the sort, I simply told you to stfu. Very validated if you ask me.
karsten
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by karsten »

Skater_dusto wrote:Dreamsnes gave you guys an emulator already. Even Scherzo would tell you to not disrespect them. I don't agree on never updating or saying that they're alive either, but I don't come onto their forums and act like a greedy 5 year CUT
First of all i haven't been disrespectful.
2ndary: their forum? this are DC emulation forums. It's still up only for the kindness of DC Emulation owners.

by the way i have big hopes with scherzo's work because he said that he'll release the source code as soon as he get too much trouble in his personal live or if he can't get it to work better. This is LOVE torward what he is doing, and i can't believe that the DSNES team haven't already released their code...

what use is to keep the source code on their pc just gathering powder?

scherzo's work won't be close to that of dreamsnes for at least 8 months, i guess, but you can surely say that it'll get better than DSNES because people can talk with him, contribute, and soon even provide code optimization.

but, hey I may prove totally wrong...
I'll create a monument to non-existance! -Kefka, FFVI
http://www.auritech.com
RayQuaza
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by RayQuaza »

Skater_dusto

Thank you for showing me what a stupid ass you are I never came to the dreamsnes forum and complained about them not updating the emulator I simply said they aren't giving me a reason to support them anymore so there you go trying to put words into my mouth. and you say I'm whining and showing idiocy you are the one showing how stupid you are by even saying to another person stfu and I never whined about anything here because there is nothing here to whine about nor will I lower myself whine about a video game.

You further show how stupid you are by trying to say I'm disrespecting the dreamsnes team by saying to someone support another emu, As I said before when the dreamsnes team gives me a reason to support them then I will support them again.

What you need to do is stop twisting people's words around and stop acting like everybody is against the Dsnes people just because they aren't talking about them the way you are because you sound like a real dreamsnes team ass kisser by the way you keep attacking people for what they are saying about the emu.
I AM Lord WARQUAZA!
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Okay, I won't 'twist' your words around when I say this, you are a moron. I wasn't talking about your posts in this forum, but all of them.

Lets say that you didn't disrespect the team, then atleast try to be a little more courtious by not saying put your faith into column B. If they're working on Dreamsnes or not, that doesn't change the fact that the only thing that goes on in this forum is excessant complaining. If you guys don't have anything contructive to say, need help with something, or would like to discuss Dreamsnes then don't post anything. I mean it's just common sense. I'm not trying to be a mod here, but it gets me down to hear everyone bickering 24/7.

The Dreamsnes team had a forum of their own until DCemu decided to open their doors to them. Until the team notifies dcemu that they're going to drop Dreamsnes completely, these forums will stay up. When they quit Dreamsnes, they'll contact the mods, this forum will be locked and that will be the end of that. Until then, have a little respect and don't bother posting in here unless you have something good to say.
RayQuaza
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by RayQuaza »

Let me guess, That little conversation I had with Ian Micheal gave you reason to say that to me that was just petty talk between us and I don't care about that.

Next you say I'm whining and showing idiocy as I said before I never whined about any damn thing here or at any other forum I hardly call letting somebody know that their bug list had a few errors in it or trying to help a person with his rom list problem whining or complaining I hardly see how asking somebody if they know what a certain file is whining or complaining, I hardly see how asking anybody here if they have mugen and still play it falls into that category.

And yes I know the Dsnes people had a forum and then this site took it in but so damn what?! That don't mean jack to me or any other person reading we can still say how we feel and if you don't like what people say then that's too bad you just have to get used to it!

And as I have said several times now when they give me a reason to support them then I will support them again and so will all the other people that have sat by silently waiting for them to do or say something but untill then yes I am going to say to people show your support for what ever person is working on any emulator you can look at all my posts if you want and you will see that not once have I said anything bad about any person that makes anything and don't even try to use the dsnes team as an example! I respect them for what they done and had no problems with what they done with dreamsnes but if they can't even take five minutes to say that they are taking a few minutes of their time each day or any other day then I and anybody else will have some problems with that little thing and speaking for myself I don't live for dreamsnes I play it in my free time when I feel like it, I know there are people that bitch and complain about the emu and it's speed problems but so what that is life and you have to get used to it.

You show me what a moran you are by saying to me or anybody else stfu, you need to stfu and stop acting like your a better person because we're not acting like how you want me or anybody else to act and if you don't like how I or anybody else is acting Skater_dusto then that's too bad for you if you don't like how we act then what you need to do is leave the forums all together and never come back.

I never complained about the dreamsnes emu and never will so don't sit there and try to say I was complaing about it if that's what you were trying to get at with me. And more important Skater_dusto don't start fights with people just to start them because it looks like your just trying to start something with me just to make yourself feel good and if you are doing that then your a low life person for doing so.
Last edited by RayQuaza on Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM Lord WARQUAZA!
RayQuaza
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by RayQuaza »

By the way to any mod reading don't you think you need to close this topic before more people come here and start fighting over petty reasons? As was so with me and Skater_dusto. This isn't what the topic maker wanted.
I AM Lord WARQUAZA!
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Please, be more friendly with the newbies.
Ay carajo! Amistad puede chupar mis huevos, tengo bastante amigos en la vida real. Uso la red para burlar los nuevitos :twisted:
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

Just give your support to schrezo, In time his snes emu will be better than dreamsnes.
I never complained about the dreamsnes emu and never will so don't sit there and try to say I was complaing about it if that's what you were trying to get at with me.
Technically you were implying that they are taking forever and just foget them becuase theres a new emu coming along..

Why can't we all just support both?
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Psychlonic »

To be honest I already like Scherzo's emu even more than DreamSNES. Not because of the promises or open source, but because he GIVES UPDATES.