You know what would really help?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Storminator16 »

toastman wrote:People just want their SNES emu that badly.
And that's what it comes down to. It's not about the scene rallying to a cause, or about the generosity of the fans. It's about these people getting their fullspeed SNES emu after DreamSNES "let them down".
scherzo, I hope you know, you just made a deal with the devil.
I didn't see this until now. I don't agree with that one bit. I gave my reason, Skyhawk gave his. I don't think it was done in the intentions of: "getting what I want". I have a BBA, and I know the benefits of having one. If other coders want to do this (and I hope Black Aura does) I'm all for it.

Hell, if there was a way that we could create a way everyone could get a BBA/LAN adapter I'm all for such an idea. I have been actually trying to think of a way to make such a program work. Maybe if everyone would put efforts in an idea like that instead of "pay for an emulator" contests then the world would be a better place. ;)
Warmtoe
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Warmtoe »

Hopefully won't be long before a BBA is not the best way to test programs... there are a couple of DC emus coming along nicely...
cube323
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cube323 »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... gory=41053

Here's an eBay auction for a new in box BBA.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

ice88 wrote:Hopefully won't be long before a BBA is not the best way to test programs... there are a couple of DC emus coming along nicely...
aye, quite true :)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

WillSams wrote:
toastman wrote:People just want their SNES emu that badly.
And that's what it comes down to. It's not about the scene rallying to a cause, or about the generosity of the fans. It's about these people getting their fullspeed SNES emu after DreamSNES "let them down".
scherzo, I hope you know, you just made a deal with the devil.
I didn't see this until now. I don't agree with that one bit. I gave my reason, Skyhawk gave his. I don't think it was done in the intentions of: "getting what I want". I have a BBA, and I know the benefits of having one. If other coders want to do this (and I hope Black Aura does) I'm all for it.
And maybe I should look at the actual donators before making blanket statements. ;)
Looking back over the actual list of donators (a whopping total of 4 (thanks to the generosity of that name I can't remember to spell)), I'd have to say that Capt. Skyhawk and Will Sams do have the right intentions and motivations. And that's half of my arguement gone already. ;)
I'll be honest and say I don't know Orange_Ribbon too much or that other person. Although I do recognize the avatar.
So scherzo, just remember who donated. Keep a list, and when the real heathens come a-knockin, just ask them where were they when you needed their support. :D
So I apologize, my statements were made in error.
And to be honest, I could never ask for/accept donations. I just wouldn't feel right. Right now, I code at my leisure, beholden to no one except my own whimsy. When I accept that first dime, I feel obligated to produce something to earn it. And quite frankly, unless it was enough to support me, I couldn't put enough time to put out the kind of quality I would expect of myself.

And on the subject of BBA's. DAMN J00 METAFOX!!! I saw that ebay auction. $122.01 winning bid by cyberdogcastle. I'm on to you. :D
I just hope there are still some BBA's on ebay by March, that's when I get my free money.
No signature.
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

Lovely Avatar, is it not? :P
Toastman, or any other dever, I may not be good with programming yet, but if you guys need help test or with ideas I'd love to contribute to the DC scene. So if you need any help, I'll try :D
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

toastman, It really didn't feel right before I decided to do this. I felt like a beggar, and still kinda do. But I thought about all the time I waste waiting for the serial transfer. It's a couple of minutes now, but what about when I want to test the themes out and send images through that cable? Development really will be faster because of the BBA. I'll look at it as everyone's BBA and when Super Famicast has matured, I'll give it up to the next coder working on a big project that needs it.

Oh, and there were more than 4 donators. There were 10! And individual donations ranged from a dollar to a hundred. Just in case, I'm keeping very good track of everything in an Excel spreadsheet.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

I was actually thinking the same things as Toastman. While he has a point, I don't have enough senority(Or grammer) to post something of the like. But I still think it's good that sherzo got a BBA either way. Heh.

Good luck on the emulator! Hopefully people don't start acting really lame. I don't think that this'll happen, seeing as how you're 'involved' with everyone in the community. You can see people respect that. I mean, the Dreamsnes team is AWESOME and all, but they never post. It's totally justified because most people just want more speed, more speed, but they don't get that.. eek.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

If other coders want to do this (and I hope Black Aura does) I'm all for it.
Well, unless someone on eBay doesn't mind shipping to Australia (and at the moment they all say they're only willing to ship to the USA), that's not going to happen.

Why has my name come up three times anyway?
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Because we love BA :)

MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

toastman wrote:And on the subject of BBA's. DAMN J00 METAFOX!!! I saw that ebay auction. $122.01 winning bid by cyberdogcastle. I'm on to you. :D
Heh. :) I clicked on that link as soon as I saw it, and the auction only had 4 minutes left. It was too good timing to pass up. 8-)

That, and I really want to work on getting Broadband support working in my projects. ;)
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:Are you insinuating that BA is Boy George or Mr. T? :-o
Little B.A. Barracus joke. ;) I figured a Brit would realize that was Boy George :P Course, I can't remember the episode in which he was on the show. Gotta love the '80s :)

Btw, I know this question has been answered before: how much is it to ship something to Aussie Land?
BaldMonk
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by BaldMonk »

Well done scherzo. And good on Impentus and Lavalord :)

Speaking of help..... if your wanting a nice DVD case or CD cover for it when its released or whatever, feel free to give me a yell (providing I have the time) :)
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

MetaFox wrote:
toastman wrote:And on the subject of BBA's. DAMN J00 METAFOX!!! I saw that ebay auction. $122.01 winning bid by cyberdogcastle. I'm on to you. :D
Heh. :) I clicked on that link as soon as I saw it, and the auction only had 4 minutes left. It was too good timing to pass up. 8-)

That, and I really want to work on getting Broadband support working in my projects. ;)
I tried bidding on it that morning, but I couldn't log into my own or my wife's eBay account at the time. :(
Glad to know it went into good hands though. ;)
No signature.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

My wife just called me here at work to let me know that the BBA came in the mail today! Whoo hoo! Thanks again to everyone. Now I just need to get some blank CDs so that I can burn dc-load-ip. I can't wait to try it out. :mrgreen:
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Alright! After a little trouble with IP configuration and a couple of wasted cds, I've got my broadband adapter working perfectly with dcload-ip. Now for some serious work. Thanks everyone
The Mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by The Mik »

Sweet!! Good Luck and careful not to burn yourself out :wink: , coding can really be a pain in the ass sometimes as I am sure you know. :mrgreen:
Butt licker!!
gutabo
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by gutabo »

BlackAura wrote: Well, unless someone on eBay doesn't mind shipping to Australia (and at the moment they all say they're only willing to ship to the USA), that's not going to happen.
Isn't there a way to like, get peeps to donate cash, then someone can buy it in the US, then have it sent to BA/others/me(lol)?
Just an idea, maybe is WAY more expensive that way, dunno.
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

scherzo wrote:Alright! After a little trouble with IP configuration and a couple of wasted cds, I've got my broadband adapter working perfectly with dcload-ip. Now for some serious work. Thanks everyone
glad to hear it :wink:
<--Baby T Lo FiHi fi