You know what would really help?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Storminator16 »

Great news. I hope to still contribute tomorrow when I get some more funds into my account ;)
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

How much does Paypal take away? is it a set rate, or a percentage? I couldn't donate to much so I hope it is a percentage. Oh well good luck man!
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

I really don't think it's wrong to help a coder with a donation. We get it all for free, now we can do something back. More coders should do this, especially when they are in need for hardware.

Anyway scherzo, I just did a donation :wink:.
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

I agree, Skyhawk. I wouldn't mind donating to any coder who want to get their hands on a BBA, LAN adapter, or a coder's cable.

Donation sent, Scherzo ;)

Orange Ribbon, you can donate any amount of money you want to.
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Strapping Scherzo »

More thanks to Orange_Ribbon, Captain Skyhawk, WillSams! They combined to donate $37.50 last night, bringing the total donated so far to $62.50! All I can say is WOW! So far more than half of the price of the adapter is paid for. Thanks again.

Status update: I added an in-game menu. It's only option so far is an important one in my eyes: screen adjustment. Everyone's TV is a little bit different and no one wants to miss the action. It currently works like xSnes9x, the XBOX port. The analog stick resizes the screen area and the D-Pad positions it. I also draw a white broder around the current game frame just in case you brought up the in-game menu while the game was on a black background. Tonight I think I'll work on saving the emulator settings to VMU. It gets annoying readjusting the screen all the time.
Last edited by Strapping Scherzo on Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Nice. I wouldn't have thought of using a screenshot of the currently running game though.
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

Wow, this next release sound juicy already.
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

wish u luck
<--Baby T Lo FiHi fi
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Thanks for the hefty donation MrOwNeY4mKaOs! I am now WELL over the price of the BBA with a total of $162.50 donated. And if you all recall when I first started this, I will give any money extra back to those who donated based on what each person gave.

It'll work like this: Let's say I dedcide to divide up the remainder right now. Well, the total donated is $162.50. The price of the BBA was $107.50 (hopefully it's in the mail now). That means I have $55 left over at the moment. Now, let's say that you gave $20. $20 is 12.3% of the total donated. So you would rightfully receive 12.3% of the left over donations, which would be $6.77. Make sense?

I'll wait a little longer to see if anyone else decides to donate. More donations will increase what everyone gets back. Of course, the formula I'm using for giving back prevents you from ever getting all or more than all of your donation back. So don't think that if enough people donate, you'll make a profit off of this. :D

Thanks again to everyone!
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

You don't have to give a percentage back to me, have a beer (or 2)!
Storminator16
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Storminator16 »

scherzo wrote:Thanks for the hefty donation MrOwNeY4mKaOs! I am now WELL over the price of the BBA with a total of $162.50 donated.
Wow, that's very generous of him. A whopping $125! You the man, MrOwNeY4mKaOs!

I'm with Skyhawk, I don't want anything back. That defeats the purpose of "donating". Use what I gave for snacking for those late night coding sessions, or use it on sleep agents ;)
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Captain Skyhawk wrote:You don't have to give a percentage back to me, have a beer (or 2)!
HAHA, dude, if you only knew. I learned how to program from shaolin monks. It's called drunken style programming. Well, I don't get wasted when I program but I like to stay a little buzzed (it gives me an excuse for bugs too).

OK, well, I don't mind the help. I'll leave it up to each person who donated if they want their percentage of the remainder back. Just let me know here or through email. Actually, I also ordered a DC VGA cable so I'll consider the extra to go towards that too. Nevertheless, I'm still going to buy a 24 case with your names on it. Thanks guys.
WillSams wrote:Wow, that's very generous of him. A whopping $125! You the man, MrOwNeY4mKaOs!
Actually he donated an even $100. Simply unbelievable. Actually, the fact that anyone would give me a single red cent is something to marvel at.
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

{" I'll leave it up to each person who donated if they want their percentage..."}

keep it :niceday:

I was planing to donate half the amount of that but decided to double that.
<--Baby T Lo FiHi fi
Orange_Ribbon
DCEmu's Cheerleader

Post by Orange_Ribbon »

Don't worry about giving mine back ( my percentage would be less than my states sales tax :-p ) Just keep us updated on the progress.
WRAGGSTER
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster
DCEmu.co.uk Webmaster

Post by WRAGGSTER »

lol i knew i should have read this:)

ive donated 11.87$

But i dont want it back so just enjoy :)

I read the first page and seen you were a bit short so i decided to donate then i seen the second page and you were well over.. lol

Good luck to scherzo and thanks to all for donating, you are all truly amazing for supporting the scene.
Webmaster of DCEmu

The Homebrew and Gaming Network Covering All Consoles.
sheng
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by sheng »

ladeda
Last edited by sheng on Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dream on
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Well he needs money for his drunken style programming. Beverage is expensive these days :).
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

Heh keep that
$6.77
N good luck.
BTW, do you ever go to the HIP?
The Mik
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by The Mik »

Oops I should have read futher as well, I had to wait till my wife said I could :cry: , then after I did I read the rest and seen you were already over. Sorry it wasn't much, but pls keep it and good luck!!
Butt licker!!
Strapping Scherzo
DC Developer
DC Developer

Damn, you're all so generous. I just want you all to know that making this emulator is fun for me, not a business. But... it is nice to have a little extra cash for "expenses".
Lavalord wrote:BTW, do you ever go to the HIP?
Ah, so you live in Chicago too? Nah, I don't go there. I live on the southwest side right by Midway and work downtown. The HIP is a little out of my way.