DreamSNES Alive???

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
son-kun
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DreamSNES Alive???

Post by son-kun »

Hi i'm posting this topic to ask, is DreamSNES still Alive and being worked on, theres not too much info on their site and in the forums about this so I thought I'd just ask???
If so, when would a new release be possible and how is the speed looking???
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

We don't know.
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

Sad to say. I think its gone. I mean c'mon I've been here since 2000 and the longest was under a year on updates, but we're getting way over the year mark. I dont want to bash the creators but c'mon it does'nt take but a minute to post some kind of info like "well its dead" or "still alive and kicking"

I'm not pissed, just gonna moving on to the power of X

This is my only post in the Deamsnes section for over a year and probably my last. Dont get me wrong I love the DC scene and still will continue to. just gave up hope in this pirticular emu. there still is the turbo 16 one. ill take emu happiness where i can get it
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Well if you go to the emulation forum you can see there is a new one being made that is open source.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

its best to believe they are working with the snes9x making it better....
peter won't work on it until snes9x is done
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

FlashPV
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by FlashPV »

Snes9x 1.42 is really great, I don't see what they could add this time except special chips emulation (DSP2, DSP4 etc) so what else?
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Better/faster sound emulation. But that shouldn't stop him from implementing some of the changes that have already been made in snes9x. Furthermore, after reading the snes9x forums a bit, I don't think snes9x will be "done" for some time. I'm not going to assume DreamSNES is DEAD, but its definitely on hold. So in the meantime, I'm glad someone else started up a new port. Its good both in case DSNES is dead, and because he plans on opening the source soon.
If you have twenty monkeys,
banging randomly on typewriters,
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
SSJKarma
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by SSJKarma »

well... ZSNES been on hold ever since a year and a half now ! meaning that they are writing on it while we speak but still no release after 1.36, of cource i'm not considering those WIPs that are actually not the emulator itself if you ask me, since they bareky make any updates...

so i ask you, if one emulator that is so cool like zsnes can be a year and half old but still working and not dead... why would dsnes be dead after only a year a month ?

give it time, there was so many changes with the last snes9x 1.42 and it just came out. i expected about 3 or 4 months from the release of snes9x 1.42 and the release of a new dsnes 1.0 ! yeah, i think they are taking time because they don't want to release a 0.9.9 versions, i think they are heading toward the full speed emulation as we speak, which means 1.0 as they have said on their web site.

no matter what happens, i'm glad my games on my dc works fine and i'm only with 0.9.7... so why would i rush them after what they already did ? let's just wait, wanna go along with other things, we're not keeping you with us, do as you please, for my part i got way better games to play then my snes emulator right now, so i don't care if its dead or not. when i'll see another update, i'll happy that they did, because i know its gonna be worth the whole wait !
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Karma... WIP updates ARE updates! They are work done on the emulator, there is proof that it is being worked on. It is therefore NOT on hold. With DreamSNES, you simply don't know. You have nothing to go on, for over a year, nothing at all. Its pretty safe to assume that it has been idle for the past year, even if they plan on picking it up again in the future. However, I agree with your last paragraph, though more because I couldn't care if there were updates. Its their time, they can spend it however they want. If DreamSNES isn't in their plans, so be it. More power to Scherzo and whoever else assists with Super Famicast.
they will in twenty minutes produce the complete source code to World of Warcraft.
deived
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Crossing my fingers

Post by deived »

Warmachine wrote:Well if you go to the emulation forum you can see there is a new one being made that is open source.
That would help out a lot. It's been a while since Ive posted on these boards, but I check DC Emu pretty often for updates, and havent seen anyting about DreamSNES. I just noticed today of the new one being worked on, Super Famicast. Is that the one that's open source? Hopefull people can contribute to help bring it up past DreamSNES. I'd help, but, I dont know how to code (trying to teach myself for a while now). I thouht eventually the DreamSNES team would open up the source, but, I guess not.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Yes, that's the one that is going to be open sourced. He's trying to get the basics working well enough before he does that, but its planned for early on in the project.
MrOwNeY4mKaOs
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by MrOwNeY4mKaOs »

dreamsnes is not dead people! they didnt anounce it if it's dead >_<
<--Baby T Lo FiHi fi
RayQuaza
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by RayQuaza »

There's really no point in talking about this, If dreamsnes is dead or alive it really shouldn't matter because there is another snes emu being worked on and it would be best to offer your support to the person working on the new one and stop trying to get the people who made dreamsnes to say anything about it seeing how they don't like talking about it with anybody.
I am the sleeping dragon god of the skies.
I am the only true master of the pokemon.
I AM Lord WARQUAZA!
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

True.
Mikey242
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Mikey242 »

I agree with RayQuaza, the new emu by scherzo is gonna be great cuz its open source and there seems to be a lot of enthusiasm in the snes for dreamcast scene. :D
Benoit
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Benoit »

For the last time,
DreamSNES is not dead as long as this forum exists.
Dumb people are amusing.
Another word for strange is special.
mogorman
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by mogorman »

why is this not locked?
-------------------------------------------------
some say the glass is half full
some say the glass is half empty
I say thank god they gave me a glass
Benoit
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Benoit »

PM a mod instead of waiting for a mod to see this.
Dumb people are amusing.
Another word for strange is special.
Alexvrb
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Alexvrb »

Benoit wrote:For the last time,
DreamSNES is not dead as long as this forum exists.
So, let's say they walked in one day, said "Hey DreamSNES is dead, we thought you'd figure it out eventually, sorry". Let's say this forum is still open. Is DreamSNES alive?

Look... I don't know if its dead or not. But it has been inactive for a good while. So I agree that it is good enough, and I'm not going to wait for another release.
Lavalord
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Lavalord »

It's good as it is. A better Emu will come along eventually.